What do you think about the review system ?

but that was not the reason why India lost the match' date=' their inability to play spin on a dead pitch cost them match.Dead pitch as to be emphasized,with luck of draw they might restricted Srilanka to say 400 , still it was no contest.[/quote'] ..I wasn't talking about the results here, but a mere extrapolation where Kumble will benefit Give it time, this was the 1st game

review system is there to make things correct. not to help players with high average or bowlers with low average for this team or that team. if this test in any indication, it might show us that things did probably even out in the long run for all players. it is just that we seem to focus more on wrong decisions given against our fav player and tend to ignore the decisions that were not given.

2.2 Km. Seriously though, the review system cannot be used to predict the trajectory. It only gives the on field umpire 2 things: 1). Whether ball was pitched inside the line or not. 2). Whether it impacted inside the line or not. The on field umpire has to judge, looking at the way ball is turning/rising to decide if it would have gone to hit the stumps. So if the ball ihit low enough, and isn't turning too much, he will give the batsman out more often than not.

The review system is stupid' date=' hideous and great insult to human intellect![/quote'] typical knee jerk reaction. i will bet you would be crying when we get a lot of bad decisions against the aussies -you cant have it both ways.I would take the review system anyday and its not even close.

Downside of Review system There is a problem with the review system, which needs to be sorted, may be use of sneakometer/shadow technology whatever needs to be used should be used. Today Dilshan got an edge and umpire gave him out, Dilshan walked. There was clear sound and no doubt about the edge. What if Dilshan had chosen to use review like he did in SSC, where there was edge but not conclusive to the third umpire. If you look at the reply there was no perceivable deflection, dint seem he edged in replys. This is downside.

I think there is no need for snicko or hotspot etc which are unproven technology. If the third umpire finds the result inconclusive he should go with the decision of field umpire because field umpire was in a better position to see things. Besides, review system is there just to remove the howlers from the field umpires, not correct each and everything which is not clear to them through television.

The review system has been quite messy. The long delays before the captain decides whether to review or not are not helping.
This should be fixed as soon as possible by putting a time limit through which a captain or batsman can ask for a review. And discussions with umpires should be stopped unless a batsman wants to ask if he was given out caught ot lbw!
They definitely need to implement the use of snicko and hot spot as these pieces of technology are very handy.
No. they are not perfect. Also the TVs should be allowed to use only Hawk-eye, not its cheaper versions like virtual eye which Ten Sports is using at the moment!
There is a problem with the review system, which needs to be sorted, may be use of sneakometer/shadow technology whatever needs to be used should be used. Today Dilshan got an edge and umpire gave him out, Dilshan walked. There was clear sound and no doubt about the edge. What if Dilshan had chosen to use review like he did in SSC, where there was edge but not conclusive to the third umpire. If you look at the reply there was no perceivable deflection, dint seem he edged in replys. This is downside.
I dont agree. As I understand the review system, the field umpire is given "additional" information by using technology. If the additional information conclusively proves that his original perception was wrong, he would overturn his decision. Otherwise not. Therefore, if the umpire was originally convinced that there was an edge and the replays do not give conclusive evidence that there was no edge, he would rely on his original conviction.