Harbhajan Singh deserves to be appreciated

Just when some of us were starting to lose patience over him, he regained that magic. Those spinning skidding deliveries were just too good. Now when the Srilankan team management tells the curator to prepare another spinning track, they will remember the turbanator.

Like him or hate him, he has been our top wicket taker in the last 2 test matches that we won... I think a few people need an overhaul their assessment of Bhajji. If you let prejudice and past deeds cloud your present judgment too much, you're bound to be found blushing often in front of others. :winky:

I really want to appreciate him from bottom of my heart...but I also want him to perform consistently like this. No one can take the credit away from Bhajji for his brilliance with bowl in this match, but this is the same wicket where Sri Lankan MMs too did well (barring Sehwag+GG factor). I really hope that Bhajji will not ride on one match performance and will repeat the same in future. Still folks like Amit Mishra must be given a chance to keep competition alive.

The problem is Harbhajan needs a very helpful track to be effective. He is pretty ordinary on a more balanced pitch. In reality, the SL groundsman blundered here. He should have prepared an SSC-like wicket which had far less purchase. Murali spins it on glass and Mendis is more deception than acute spin and they would have bowled India out anyway. All this dry wicket did was equalize the 2 spinning ranks. I imagine this won't occur again and life will be tougher for India in the 3rd test.

sure shwetab... if a batsman scores 100 on a flat track then is appreciated by people, and when bhajji does something on the so called spinner-friendly wicket, then no appreciation?? come on
I never said he should not be appreciated but OTT praise for a guy who has been a loser over the past few years is unwarranted and too soon, IMO.

yes a gud performance by him..and we shd be glad that he turned it on for us at the rite time..congrats Bhajji.. but we shd not get carried away by this one performance..he still depends a lot on the pitch and he has to churn in a lot more match winning performances like these to be called a very good bowler..hope this test leads his transformation..well done Bhajji but do it more often not once in a blue moon..

I never said he should not be appreciated but OTT praise for a guy who has been a loser over the past few years is unwarranted and too soon' date=' IMO.[/quote'] A bowler who takes 10 wickets leading us to a test victory deserves praises irrespective of past failures.
your Aunt can only take your uncle's wicket...learn to appreciate a good performance which won us the match....:-D
:cantstop: However, it needs to be emphasized that such one in 10x matches are not sufficient. He needs to be consistent and bowl well on balanced tracks as well.
your Aunt can only take your uncle's wicket...learn to appreciate a good performance which won us the match....:-D
lmao :hysterical::hysterical: gud one but still bhajji needs a lot more to do to even be considered a very gud bowler..we shd not get carried away with this..yes it was an awesome performance but lets get the perspective rite here..