Hearing rumor that Robin Uthappa may replace SRT for ODIs

fineleg

Four players are injured apparently: Indian team suffered a major blow today with four of its main players including Sachin Tendulkar and Ishant Sharma, injured on the second day of the third and final cricket Test against Sri Lanka here but a clear picture of their participation in the game will be available tomorrow. Tendulkar hurt his elbow, Sharma fell down during fielding, VVS Laxman sprained his ankle during practice in the morning and wicketkeeper Parthiv Patel sustained a cut near an eye. Rumor is that Uthappam will replace SRT! Oh God! No! Lets get Badri or Dhawan should a replacement be necessary.

Its a rumor that I read somewhere - not much authenticated news yet on it. I hope this is false. Please no Uthappa, no! Selectors seem to be braindead if this is true - recycling the same trash over and over again. Badri has not done himself any favor by his recent outburst against the selectors. But his outburst is natural reaction.

Tbh, Uthappa is really not rated by Indian fans, but he hasn't done too shabbily for India. He has been shafted around the order, batting at 1 (12 times), 2 (once), 3 (six times), 5 (2 times), 6 (5 times) and 7 (8 times) and has not had time to settle to a role.

Tbh' date=' Uthappa is really not rated by Indian fans, but he hasn't done too shabbily for India. He has been shafted around the order, batting at 1 (12 times), 2 (once), 3 (six times), 5 (2 times), 6 (5 times) and 7 (8 times) and has not had time to settle to a role.[/quote'] yeh that's true and at times he hasn't done too bad but i guess with him, its the excitement of playing a swashbuckling innings which some times doesn't come off and looks pretty bad
yeh that's true and at times he hasn't done too bad but i guess with him, its the excitement of playing a swashbuckling innings which some times doesn't come off and looks pretty bad
Him getting called up now won't help things. The selectors need to let him know of his role, for example, "you bat at seven, you need to play with controlled agression, if you get out, it is the tail in, but we need quick runs from you".

If ANY batsman is injured and Badri isnt included as replacement, we can officially declare the current selection committee to either partially blind or terribly biased or both. That guy should have been there in the first place, let along be picked as replacement for an injured player.