Saving Robin

robin uthappa, who started his career as an attacking opening batsman, seems to have lost his way in the team in and out of the playing 11, constantly moved up n down the line-up, made to open, come one-down, or even at 7 twenty20 has had an ill-effect on his batting i have nioticed that he now focusses on playing with an angled bat, trying to nudge the ball behind the keeper, through the slips etc he is trying too many cute and cheeky shots what he should be doing is playing with a straight bat, and play his natural game he is a talented batsman, he must make his way back into the team

To be honest I think he is a bit confused as to his role in the team ... I agree there are many problems with his technique ... but I find the main issue with Uthappa is that the team doesnt know how to use him, and thus he doesnt know how he should bat. In the CB series finals, he was given a simple job ... Open, bat out the first 15-20 overs and just turn over strike along with Sachin. He did that job well. Then they have gone back to shuffling him around. In my opinion, his best position is at no.6 or no.7 where he can come in late in the game and go after the bowlers.

the best chance we can give him is to bat up the order like he did when he made his career best 86 what an innings it was, the first time i saw india having a run rate of 9 in the powerplay overs open, only when sehwag or gambhir are rested else come in at 3, like he did against the 20-20 match against australia in india played very well stop shuffling, always play attacking cricket, play with a straight bat, he'll come back stronger