Team for the 1st 2 Tests : Ganguly IN

Badri over Kaif? Pray tell me, in what way is Badri better suited for THIS series, than Kaif? Kaif has played test cricket before, has also made bucketful of runs in the previous FC season and most importantly, he was one of few batsman who held his own against the Aussies, the last time they were there. By every possible yardstick of judgement, Kaif pips Badri for me, not by much mind you, but just enough.

Graceful exit: What if (& it is a BIG if) he does better than any of the other batting seniors? Should he then retire or should one or all of the other seniors be asked to retire also? I personally think Ganguly has been treated very very poorly by out cricketing administrations. The most successful captain of our time should be treated with some respect. SRT didn't do any better in SL. Everyone (specifically Zubin...) that Dada should be kicked out as he is an oldie. Why are you not talking about SRT or even RD (although to be fair couple of RDs innings were good in SL). If you want to get rid of oldies 'pehle usko retire karo jiska naam SRT hai, phir tum jisko kahoge usko retire kardenge' (sorry - couldn't resist it) start with SRT & then talk about others. This negative bias towards Ganguly is really bad. Also, BTW RD is my favourite not Ganguly. I hope Ganguly does really well & then whatever happens happens. I think RD should also be asked to retire gracefully. OK. Enough of the rant.

Graceful exit: What if (& it is a BIG if) he does better than any of the other batting seniors? Should he then retire or should one or all of the other seniors be asked to retire also? I personally think Ganguly has been treated very very poorly by out cricketing administrations. The most successful captain of our time should be treated with some respect. SRT didn't do any better in SL. Everyone (specifically Zubin...) that Dada should be kicked out as he is an oldie. Why are you not talking about SRT or even RD (although to be fair couple of RDs innings were good in SL). If you want to get rid of oldies 'pehle usko retire karo jiska naam SRT hai, phir tum jisko kahoge usko retire kardenge' (sorry - couldn't resist it) start with SRT & then talk about others. This negative bias towards Ganguly is really bad. Also, BTW RD is my favourite not Ganguly. I hope Ganguly does really well & then whatever happens happens. I think RD should also be asked to retire gracefully. OK. Enough of the rant.
im all for kickin out oldies.... but why SRT 1st... he had a very good series against Aus..he failed only against SL like the rest.. Dravid, ganguly have been very mediocre.. im all for kickin out dravid n ganguly and also the captain Kumble.. SRT shud b the last in the firing line....
Badri over Kaif? Pray tell me, in what way is Badri better suited for THIS series, than Kaif? Kaif has played test cricket before, has also made bucketful of runs in the previous FC season and most importantly, he was one of few batsman who held his own against the Aussies, the last time they were there. By every possible yardstick of judgement, Kaif pips Badri for me, not by much mind you, but just enough.
What a poo post. Every possible yardstick????? Do me a favour!!! Why don't you look at their FC class records. That yardstick says Badrinath by a mile. Also don't get me started on their techniques and that yardstick!
What a poo post. Every possible yardstick????? Do me a favour!!! Why don't you look at their FC class records. That yardstick says Badrinath by a mile. Also don't get me started on their techniques and that yardstick!
BS. Badri doesnt have a Dravid-esque technique either. And FC record matters little here, coz get this in your head, we ALREADY know the capabilties of Kaif. He isnt a newbie for us to go look at his FC record. The uncomfortable truth in this case for you, when Aussies toured India last time, every Indian batsman, bar Sehwag looked hopelessly out of touch and Kaif performed more than decently in that series. Bear in mind, I aint saying Kaif is better than Badri, but my whole point is, for THIS series, he should have been picked over Badri.
Fantastic squad. Glad to see Gangu retained' date=' Badri as backup and Mishra in.[/quote'] Yes. Agree. It a good squad, however I could have done with Kaif over Badrinath since Kaif is a brilliant fielder too. But then it doesn't matter much because there is no chance that anyone will get a chance for the first two tests. Glad that Mishra has been picked finally. Hope he pulls up his socks and increases consistency in his bowling.
great post dsr.. :hatsoff:
he was one of few batsman who held his own against the Aussies,
Kaif against Aus filtered 3 153 64 30.60 0 - - - - 6 0 i have no idea watchutalkingbaout.. :whatchutalkingabout
Do you not see how much badri plays away from body ? Bret lee would need a couple of overs to get him. Kaif was a far better option atleast for this series.
Yes. Agree. It a good squad, however I could have done with Kaif over Badrinath since Kaif is a brilliant fielder too. But then it doesn't matter much because there is no chance that anyone will get a chance for the first two tests. Glad that Mishra has been picked finally. Hope he pulls up his socks and increases consistency in his bowling.
this is the key.. doesnt mater who is pikced over whom.. the fact they r not gonna make it to the team unless Lord Ganguly takes a VRS...
BS. Badri doesnt have a Dravid-esque technique either. And FC record matters little here, coz get this in your head, we ALREADY know the capabilties of Kaif. He isnt a newbie for us to go look at his FC record. The uncomfortable truth in this case for you, when Aussies toured India last time, every Indian batsman, bar Sehwag looked hopelessly out of touch and Kaif performed more than decently in that series. Bear in mind, I aint saying Kaif is better than Badri, but my whole point is, for THIS series, he should have been picked over Badri.
So you said Kaif is better in very possible yardstck. Apart from their batting records which show that Badrinath is much better in this yardstick:hysterical: You also say you ain't saying Kaif is better then Badrinath. Yet say Kaif should be picked. So in the yardstick of who is better you still don't have Kaif better.:haha: To summarise Badrinath has better batting record so wins in this yardstick and in the yardstick of who is actually better you still don't put kaif ahead??? Some really starnge posts by you MM in the championing of Kaif.