Will Badri learn one important lesson?

fineleg

Its the day of the exam that counts. In Class XII you can ace all the practice tests, the model exams etc etc. It really matters how you do in the actual Final Exam. Fair or not, in many ways cricket selections are like that. I am happy Badri is getting a chance to showcase his skills. But he must grab any of this with both hands if he gets to bat. He got a few chances after his good showing in IPL. Need something that will be an outstanding innings, and another solid knock atleast when he gets chances - be it Irani, India-A or real India matches etc. Thats how he can etch himself in selectors minds. Given he did not set the stadium on fire in Irani or India-A (which one was that), he is a bit lucky Cheeka was in committee. Dunno if he would have got the chance to be in Test squad if Vengcircus was still there. Also, people are talking abt Kaif vs Badri or Ganguly vs Badri etc. Fair enough. Badri did not do enough to make it a clear decision. You have got to do well enough to make it a clear choice in the initial stages of your career. He is a very hardworking cricketer, and has got excellent First Class record. Just grab the national team opportunity when the time comes. Thats an important lesson he needs to learn. The intent is not sufficient, JUST DO IT. Good Luck Badri when you get your opportunity to bat.

of late he has been lucky to have got the breaks..well some mite argue that he deserved that break but it doesn matter..anyway from now on he has no one to blame if he doesn figure in India squad in the future other than himself
Yes, he is the one who needs to make use of it.
what do u mean ticz? u dont think he is good?
he is good, but may be not as good as ganguly or aakash chopra and the reason why i said that he should carry milk for veeru because by default he is the drinks boy for the first test, as ganguly is in the squad, who's a better batsman and would ritefully play in the first test

so there u go guys..thats wat v have been saying..Badri is gonna warm the benches for years to come..and the reason well it was apparent yesterday..i wud be extremely happy to be proved wrong..but i dont think he wud be getting a long run in international cricket

Its the day of the exam that counts. In Class XII you can ace all the practice tests, the model exams etc etc. It really matters how you do in the actual Final Exam. Fair or not, in many ways cricket selections are like that. I am happy Badri is getting a chance to showcase his skills. But he must grab any of this with both hands if he gets to bat. He got a few chances after his good showing in IPL. Need something that will be an outstanding innings, and another solid knock atleast when he gets chances - be it Irani, India-A or real India matches etc. Thats how he can etch himself in selectors minds. Given he did not set the stadium on fire in Irani or India-A (which one was that), he is a bit lucky Cheeka was in committee. Dunno if he would have got the chance to be in Test squad if Vengcircus was still there. Also, people are talking abt Kaif vs Badri or Ganguly vs Badri etc. Fair enough. Badri did not do enough to make it a clear decision. You have got to do well enough to make it a clear choice in the initial stages of your career. He is a very hardworking cricketer, and has got excellent First Class record. Just grab the national team opportunity when the time comes. Thats an important lesson he needs to learn. The intent is not sufficient, JUST DO IT. Good Luck Badri when you get your opportunity to bat.
Don't worry Finey. He has always been a slow starter at whatever level he has been promoted. Be it Ranjis, Duleep or A teams. But once he gets over the initial phase he has always come good. But the only worry is will our Selectors show some faith and patience?
Don't worry Finey. He has always been a slow starter at whatever level he has been promoted. Be it Ranjis' date=' Duleep or A teams. But once he gets over the initial phase he has always come good. But the only worry is will our Selectors show some faith and patience?
For the moment, it is good they are supportive of him - but really, Badri needs to grab it now, and make his place in the squad. It is his now - to lose it or to keep it - he needs to bring on the big runs. If he gets a chance in this Aus warmup match in 2nd Inn, I need to see at 50+ at the very minimum. I doubt if there will be time in 2nd Inn for that, but we'll see.
For the moment, it is good they are supportive of him - but really, Badri needs to grab it now, and make his place in the squad. It is his now - to lose it or to keep it - he needs to bring on the big runs. If he gets a chance in this Aus warmup match in 2nd Inn, I need to see at 50+ at the very minimum. I doubt if there will be time in 2nd Inn for that, but we'll see.
2nd Inn: 14 runs. Badri ensures the question abt him continues. *sigh*