In the meantime, Waqar's employed with ECB

King

Waqar Younis, the former Pakistan former captain, has accepted an offer from the ECB to tour India with the Academy team as a bowling consultant. "They asked me if I could accompany their Academy team on the tour and work with the young bowlers in the squad," Waqar said. "They felt that with my experience of subcontinent pitches and having played in India I would be able to play a part in developing their bowlers." Waqar said he harboured ambitions of working as a coach with the Pakistan team if the right offer was made to him. "I have a lot of respect for the new chairman, Ejaz Butt. He is a good man and I will speak to him," he said. "If he has something in mind I will definitely consider a coaching position with the team." This will not be Waqar's first stint as coach since his retirement in April 2004. He had declined an offer to be Pakistan's bowling coach in 2005, he finally took over the job in March 2006. Waqar stepped down in January 2007 after falling out with former PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf.
PCB didn't keep him or use him well enough but ECB have done well to employ him as the Bowling coach for the tour of India. This shows England's intent and the seriousness with which they are approaching the Indian tour. They will get the best out of Waqar for sure. Pakistan will be ruing for missing out and don't reckon they will be able to entice Waqar to work with Pakistan team.

Waqar had done a decent job as bowling coach for Pakistan. Gul, specially had showed a lot of improvement under him. With Harmison back in some kind of form and Flintoff back from the dead, England's bowling attack will be more than handy when they tour later during the year and Waqar might be able to raise their game up a notch or two.

Harmison is the last person India should fear. This guy is about as gutless as a mouse and has no heart for the game. I can't wait till he tours India and we start hearing the same whining about he how misses his family, his mind isn't on the game, touring is so tough, blah, blah, blah.

Still cant forget that interview between Waqar and the PCB dude Salim Altaf, just after Waqar resigned as bowling coach. Waqar was so humiliated by the previous PCB establishment that when he decided to tell the PCB Chairmain that he was going to resign the next day, Naseem Ashraf actually told him 'Why do you want to wait till tomorrow, why not today?' Given the mess, which former cricketer would want to associate himself with PCB?