Umpiring at Mohali

fineleg

How has it been? I noticed a few: 1. M.Clarke was out plumb LBW to Amit Mishra when his score was like in single digit or something. Plumb as you can get, and umpire did not give it out. 2. Ponting was plumb to I.Sharma, and not given - though later in same over he got him. Any other?

Aus 200-7 Shane Watson LBW Ishant Sharma (ball was hitting lower half of middle stump - there cannot be an LBW more plumb than this) I.Sharma looks in disbelief as Koertzen does not give it out. Good job Kumble and BCCI in deciding you DONT WANT technology/referrals in this series! :clap:

Aus 200-7 Shane Watson LBW Ishant Sharma (ball was hitting lower half of middle stump - there cannot be an LBW more plumb than this) I.Sharma looks in disbelief as Koertzen does not give it out. Good job Kumble and BCCI in deciding you DONT WANT technology/referrals in this series! :clap:
Kumble acted like a coward in this regard.

What was that all about? Watson on 39, Ishant jags back one that hits him in line, would have knocked the middle out 6 inches up from the turf and Koertzen does a passable imitation of the South Indian yay. If that's not out, what on earth is? Didn't ask for the replay when Ganguly was out stumped, also on 39. Incompetence doesn't come in a bigger package than this. Cricket is being shagged to death in an orgy of umpiring incompetence. It doesn't matter if you bring in referrals...no referrals, it doesn't matter- the men in white will dick-bash you to stupefaction. No other game would take this lying down.

What was that all about? Watson on 39, Ishant jags back one that hits him in line, would have knocked the middle out 6 inches up from the turf and Koertzen does a passable imitation of the South Indian yay. If that's not out, what on earth is? .
Did you watch Ponting yesterday? He was an absolute goner against Sharma - declined by Koertzen. And, he then gave him out to a ball that was kissing the top of the stumps. Mind-boggling incompetence
What was that all about? Watson on 39, Ishant jags back one that hits him in line, would have knocked the middle out 6 inches up from the turf and Koertzen does a passable imitation of the South Indian yay. If that's not out, what on earth is? Didn't ask for the replay when Ganguly was out stumped, also on 39. Incompetence doesn't come in a bigger package than this. Cricket is being shagged to death in an orgy of umpiring incompetence. It doesn't matter if you bring in referrals...no referrals, it doesn't matter- the men in white will dick-bash you to stupefaction. No other game would take this lying down.
excellent post! God knows how Sangakkara would've felt... I say break the idiots head by hooking more balls at him..