My prediction on the series against England

Gambit

- Sehwag and Gambhir will be key. The more runs they get against the new ball, the better. The middle order will find the going very tough against the reverse swinging duo of Flintoff and Andersen. I expect frequent middle order collapses. - I am expecting Laxman and Sachin to have a very very ordinary series. Both will struggle against the aforementioned bowlers. - Collingwood should have a very good series. - We should just about scrape to a 1-0 win.

too pessimistic. if we hold on to our catches,we will win comfortably 2-0.sachin n laxy are too good to fall to reverse swing regularly.bhajji n mishra will bamboozle them to death n ishant n zak will take care of openers. if we get reverse swing as we did in this series eng have no chance

To be honest - I dont care what happens in the England series. The biggest prize in World Cricket today is safely in the BCCI cupboards. Who cares whether we beat the pommies or not? This Australia series has taken its toll on me. Bunked 3 days to watch the Blore test at the ground. Used up all my work from home options for the year, to sit at home and watch other tests on TV. I'm exhausted and want to take a break... Work beckons. See ya all during the Pakistan series ie if we do travel there...

It's not the first time these guys would have been playing swing. They will accomodate to whatever the bowling strengths the opposition have and rise to negate it. These guys are champs and have made runs under ALL conditions. The Aussies were not swinging the ball in this series at all except in the 4th day of the final test...then we saw them swinging it late. When you play four tests against quicks expecting little to nothing of swing from them (after having a good look at them over the course of the tests), your batting, footwork, plan, approach and shot selection follow on their form...thus it can give the appearance of struggling against it. However, expect the approach to be different against England, where they will be studying what the English bowlers strengths are and adjusting their batting accordingly. The ODI's are a good lead in as they will somewhat prepare our batsmen for their bowlers in the tests. I am interested to see just how Anderson and company shape up in Indian conditions. Most intriguing.

Lets see where Games are going to take place Ahmedabad (they seem to produce belters, with pitch getting slower and slower) I reckon we will see draw here Brabourne Mumbai. This will be something new for India. It may well be spinners paradise, who knows. 1-0 to India.

Lets see where Games are going to take place Ahmedabad (they seem to produce belters, with pitch getting slower and slower) I reckon we will see draw here Brabourne Mumbai. This will be something new for India. It may well be spinners paradise, who knows. 1-0 to India.
the last time we were there we were 76 all out. remember?

History of Indian pitches can't be taken seriously anymore...not after what we have seen in Bangalore (mystery pitch with cracks that did nothing)...Mohali (historical pace gone)...Kotla(gift wrapped for Kumble but no break up for spit or quick turn even on fifth day)...and Nagpur (new pitch with no grass and flat with help only from footmarks for spinners) Ahmedabad might turn out to be like the WACA in 70's and 80's...who knows? I certainly don't and by the looks of it....maybe the curators (Kiwis, Indians and licorice all sorts) also don't know....the Indian tour has turned out to be the mystery pitch tour....

I'll make my prediction after watching the ODIs. We don't even know the squad yet. Ganguly's retirement leaves an open slot, and my guess is that whoever scores big in the ODIs - either Raina, Rohit, or Yuvraj - will get a chance to bat in that position. Who knows, if more players score a lot of runs, we might see Dravid getting dropped for one of them. This is how selection normally works in India, i don't expect Srikkanth to do things any differently.

I'm not so sure England will move the ball. Anderson can certainly swing the ball along with Sidebottom but just like the Australians, they won't find natural swing movement in the air but rather will have to learn the skills of seam bowling and getting the ball to nip into batsmen off the seam like Zaheer/Sharma have been able to do. I'm not even sure Freddie gets reverse swing since he's come back to the side. It was more Simon Jones who did it and he's nearly out of cricket due to consistent injuries. Harmison will struggle badly as he has done historically on away tours.

History of Indian pitches can't be taken seriously anymore...not after what we have seen in Bangalore (mystery pitch with cracks that did nothing)...Mohali (historical pace gone)...Kotla(gift wrapped for Kumble but no break up for spit or quick turn even on fifth day)...and Nagpur (new pitch with no grass and flat with help only from footmarks for spinners) Ahmedabad might turn out to be like the WACA in 70's and 80's...who knows? I certainly don't and by the looks of it....maybe the curators (Kiwis, Indians and licorice all sorts) also don't know....the Indian tour has turned out to be the mystery pitch tour....
So - what was WACA like in the 70s and 80s? We'll be enlightened if you cud share your gyan on the subject.