Priorities for India in the next 6 months

Ram

We have two of the most important series’ coming up in our cricketing calendar in the next 6 months; Pakistan and NZ, both away. Till a while ago, beating Australia would have been top priority, but quite frankly, we’ve been beating ‘em so often that its not exciting anymore. So, its time to whip up our traditional passions and renew our long-lasting ties with our friends from across the border. I believe this is our best chance to beat Pakistan. Generally, their cricket is in disarray. They just saw their most prolific batsman leave. Most of their bowlers are either injured, about to get injured or serving some sentence or the other. Lets go get ‘em now. However, it will be a wonderful icing on the cake if we can beat NZ in NZ. We’ve done well in almost every other country recently, except in NZ. NZ nowadays is a much weakened side. They had to slog hard even to beat a Post ICL exodus B’desh team. Lets beat ‘em too. But before that, Poms have to be handled. If everything goes according to plan, it should be in the bag. At this moment, I am most worried about the status of our most prized Asset; Ishant Sharma. Its clear as daylight that this guy is the reason why we’ve been doing so well recently. The last thing I want to see happen is for him to be injured for one of the important away series. Greatness beckons the Indian team in the next 6 months. Hopefully, we’re resourceful enough to capture it.

We have two of the most important series’ coming up in our cricketing calendar in the next 6 months; Pakistan and NZ, both away. Till a while ago, beating Australia would have been top priority, but quite frankly, we’ve been beating ‘em so often that its not exciting anymore. So, its time to whip up our traditional passions and renew our long-lasting ties with our friends from across the border. I believe this is our best chance to beat Pakistan. Generally, their cricket is in disarray. They just saw their most prolific batsman leave. Most of their bowlers are either injured, about to get injured or serving some sentence or the other. Lets go get ‘em now. However, it will be a wonderful icing on the cake if we can beat NZ in NZ. We’ve done well in almost every other country recently, except in NZ. NZ nowadays is a much weakened side. They had to slog hard even to beat a Post ICL exodus B’desh team. Lets beat ‘em too.
:haha::haha::haha:

Lot's of talent in the wings, both bat and ball. A good rotation policy has to be put in place so all get to compete for spots (thus keeping standards high) and none are overworked to the point of early breakdown (what with all the T20, ODI and Test cricket going on and players overlapping the teams...) This should be a big priority.

definitely...exciting times for indian cricket and to also top it off Tendulkar is in some red hot form. I really think he has a chance to get to 50 test match hundreds before he goes. If NZ prepares those gardens then Ishant and Khan will destroy them. Go India!
lol on thse wonderbras, RPS and PK will KILL them.
Bowling isnt the problem. Even in the last series bowlers did their job its the batsman who struggled. I think we were struggling to reach 150 every innings.
The pitches are like mountain tops. We might still struggle to reach 150.....but these fast bowlers will get the opposition cleaned for even less.
I remember the 2002-03 series very well. The matches started at around 4:30-5 AM IST...several times I woke up around 7 AM to see that first innings is already over for one team...haha...I remember 20+ wickets falling in one day..
yep i remember that day very well..India were AO for 99 and Kiwis in turn were all out for 93..it was an extraordinary day..ZK was awesome that day
We have two of the most important series’ coming up in our cricketing calendar in the next 6 months; Pakistan and NZ, both away. Till a while ago, beating Australia would have been top priority, but quite frankly, we’ve been beating ‘em so often that its not exciting anymore. So, its time to whip up our traditional passions and renew our long-lasting ties with our friends from across the border. I believe this is our best chance to beat Pakistan. Generally, their cricket is in disarray. They just saw their most prolific batsman leave. Most of their bowlers are either injured, about to get injured or serving some sentence or the other. Lets go get ‘em now. .
Injuries can happen to any one but i agree that IND are the clear favorites and i won't be surprised with a 2 nil result. Best way for IND to beat PAK by a comfortable margin is to NOT thrash them in the 1st 2 games because right from Lucknow 1952 to Dhaka 2008 IND have had to suffer in the next game after thrashing Pakistan. A 5 or 6 wicket/ 70-80 runs win will be a lot better than an innings win.
I remember the 2002-03 series very well. The matches started at around 4:30-5 AM IST...several times I woke up around 7 AM to see that first innings is already over for one team...haha...I remember 20+ wickets falling in one day..
abey dhakkan.. in India game used to start at 2:30 am IST.. when my brother used to wake up.. he used to ask me whatz the score and i used to say "Follow on"