WELL DONE my brilliant son!

Guest Yograj Singh

It was a good knock, but he didn't deserve this call up in the first place. He's basically booked his ticket for the ODI team for the next two years, but people will still remember this innings and say "no, he's a talent". He bombed in the challenger series (top score of 8) got a duck and a 38 against Delhi. Meanwhile, people like Badrinath, Mukund, Pujara etc are churning out 100s, 200s, and 300s like crazy and they still get overlooked. This innings wasn't as good as people make it out to be. 1) he didn't have to run for 75% of his innings. 2) He had the captains nod on to simply slog, and that's what he did, plus the power play. It was a good innings, but people are saying that it was 'one of the greatest'. It wasn't. I think Sehwag's innings was far better paced and better executed then Yuvraj's. Things come too easily to Yuvraj Singh.
I have a hard time taking anything you say sesriously after a title like 'Dinesh Karthik is God'.
it comes 'easy to him bcoz hes talented n has proved himself at intl level.badri was given a chance in srl.he failed miserably.dont just see the stats at domestic level. a man named sachin didnt play any domestic b4 he played for india. and to say sehwag innings was better than yuvraj is a joke.he played very well .but he didnt have any back trouble.he faced more overs of powerplay than yuvraj.even yusuf batted in the powerplay wat did he do. btw hes still not in test side so much for the' things come easy for YS'
Badrinath did not fail in the SL series. He was the reason we won the first game, his 20-odd and the partnership with Dhoni was the reason we chased down a small score (I think it was around 148 or so)
Guest HariSampath
It was a good knock' date=' [b']but he didn't deserve this call up in the first place. He's basically booked his ticket for the ODI team for the next two years, but people will still remember this innings and say "no, he's a talent". He bombed in the challenger series (top score of 8) got a duck and a 38 against Delhi. Meanwhile, people like Badrinath, Mukund, Pujara etc are churning out 100s, 200s, and 300s like crazy and they still get overlooked. This innings wasn't as good as people make it out to be. 1) he didn't have to run for 75% of his innings. 2) He had the captains nod on to simply slog, and that's what he did, plus the power play. It was a good innings, but people are saying that it was 'one of the greatest'. It wasn't. I think Sehwag's innings was far better paced and better executed then Yuvraj's. Things come too easily to Yuvraj Singh.
Your comments are very consistent with your opinions on Dinesh Karthik being one of the greatest legends the game of cricket has seen in last 130 years :haha:

This one was written by the real papa Yograj in a local daily - http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=59&contentid=200811162008111603382617021ca02e8&sectxslt=section It’s been times of turmoil not only for Yuvraj but for all of us. I have never seen my son so depressed. He was feeling down and forlorn. He was being vilified by all and sundry; his commitment was being questioned. I could sense a palpable indifference from our near ones as well. It seemed the whole world had turned against us. Before the first one-day at Rajkot, Yuvraj asked me, “Dad, I love everyone. What have I done to deserve all this?” I had to shake him up. I told him, “Yeh jo baap ki pagdi hain na, iski bahut kimat hain.” If not for anything else he had to play for me. Yuvraj looked into my eyes and hugged me. I asked him if he was ready. He was and I could see it. Ancient texts have it that those destined for great deeds have to pass through fire, front up to all kinds of obstacles. It can never, never be easy for them. I told Yuvraj that when the engineer up there decides to give, he will shower so much that you wouldn’t even realise what is happening. The hundred at Rajkot, and particularly the way he got it, should only strengthen his faith. Sar jhukao sirf khuda ke samne. What wrong has he done? I wish I knew why the media and former Indian cricketers paint Yuvraj in black at every conceivable opportunity. Just what wrong has he done? Show me one player who hasn’t suffered the vagaries of form. Virender Sehwag was out of the side for nearly a year. Even Sachin Tendulkar had to endure a lean period, and now Rahul Dravid is going through the worst phase of his career. I have often been asked why Yuvraj hasn’t cemented his place in the Test team after being around for eight years. Think of India’s batting order and you will have the answer. Who could he have possibly replaced? I still believe that Yuvraj has a bright future in the Tests. Michael Hussey was initiated to Tests when he was 30. That doesn’t make him any less successful. And we must not forget that Yuvraj hasn’t really got a long run. In Australia he had to make way after a few failures. I am not even talking about the bad decisions and some of the exceptional catches that did him in. And Yuvraj was not the only one who failed against Ajantha Mendis in Sri Lanka. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina obviously had a game plan: rotate the strike and step out occasionally. But Yuvraj is different in the sense that when a bowler is dominating him, he wants to counter-attack. I had told him that he should not allow Mendis to settle down but it didn’t work out that way. I would like to see Mendis bowl to Yuvraj on a true wicket. Also, when you play cricket day in and day out some errors are bound to creep in. I realised that Yuvraj’s head position was not always correct. It was tilting a bit which was impeding the smooth downswing of his bat. “He has worked hard on that. Of late I have urging him, “Son, you will be better off if you played in front of the pad. You will be able to control your head movements better.” His back-foot can be more pronounced but the ligament tear and a spate of injuries did him no good. But if he can smash a hundred with a stiff back, imagine what he would have done had he been fully fit. When God blesses you with talent, he doesn’t take it away overnight. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, a mentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India. Yuvraj still works hard at his game; and I can vouch for it. I had played at a level decent enough to comment on how it works in our country. The same people who are baying for my son’s blood — and I do not want to single them out in print — had cast aspersions on me during my playing days. “Indian cricket mein koi kisi ka dost nahin,” trust me when I say this. I have told Yuvraj that from now on cricket is his lifeblood. Cricket hi dost, cricket hi teri aashiqui. After he is done with it, he can get married, have children, do whatever he wants to. But now the game alone should matter. You will see a different Yuvraj from here on. I will tell you why he had restrained himself during the post-match presentation at Rajkot. I told him that he shouldn’t even indulge in jokes, lest he is misunderstood again. Say the sweet good-mornings, good-evenings, a thank-you after getting a hundred and retreat to your room. Like a demanding father, now I want him to get a double hundred. Because it is Yuvraj I am not being unreasonable. The hundred at Rajkot is a good omen. Truly he won hearts. Love you, son. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, amentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India

I watched this program called Million Dollar Babies and this particular episode was about Yuvraj. They talked to his dad and he mentioned how much training he made Yuvi and how much he pushed him to become a cricketer, quite awesome actually He mentioned how Yuvi wanted to be a roller skater or something and how he won awards. Any father would be proud of all those achievements, but Yograj took his skates and chucked them away and told him this is not for you and made him play cricket

This one was written by the real papa Yograj in a local daily - http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=59&contentid=200811162008111603382617021ca02e8&sectxslt=section It’s been times of turmoil not only for Yuvraj but for all of us. I have never seen my son so depressed. He was feeling down and forlorn. He was being vilified by all and sundry; his commitment was being questioned. I could sense a palpable indifference from our near ones as well. It seemed the whole world had turned against us. Before the first one-day at Rajkot, Yuvraj asked me, “Dad, I love everyone. What have I done to deserve all this?†I had to shake him up. I told him, “Yeh jo baap ki pagdi hain na, iski bahut kimat hain.†If not for anything else he had to play for me. Yuvraj looked into my eyes and hugged me. I asked him if he was ready. He was and I could see it. Ancient texts have it that those destined for great deeds have to pass through fire, front up to all kinds of obstacles. It can never, never be easy for them. I told Yuvraj that when the engineer up there decides to give, he will shower so much that you wouldn’t even realise what is happening. The hundred at Rajkot, and particularly the way he got it, should only strengthen his faith. Sar jhukao sirf khuda ke samne. What wrong has he done? I wish I knew why the media and former Indian cricketers paint Yuvraj in black at every conceivable opportunity. Just what wrong has he done? Show me one player who hasn’t suffered the vagaries of form. Virender Sehwag was out of the side for nearly a year. Even Sachin Tendulkar had to endure a lean period, and now Rahul Dravid is going through the worst phase of his career. I have often been asked why Yuvraj hasn’t cemented his place in the Test team after being around for eight years. Think of India’s batting order and you will have the answer. Who could he have possibly replaced? I still believe that Yuvraj has a bright future in the Tests. Michael Hussey was initiated to Tests when he was 30. That doesn’t make him any less successful. And we must not forget that Yuvraj hasn’t really got a long run. In Australia he had to make way after a few failures. I am not even talking about the bad decisions and some of the exceptional catches that did him in. And Yuvraj was not the only one who failed against Ajantha Mendis in Sri Lanka. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina obviously had a game plan: rotate the strike and step out occasionally. But Yuvraj is different in the sense that when a bowler is dominating him, he wants to counter-attack. I had told him that he should not allow Mendis to settle down but it didn’t work out that way. I would like to see Mendis bowl to Yuvraj on a true wicket. Also, when you play cricket day in and day out some errors are bound to creep in. I realised that Yuvraj’s head position was not always correct. It was tilting a bit which was impeding the smooth downswing of his bat. “He has worked hard on that. Of late I have urging him, “Son, you will be better off if you played in front of the pad. You will be able to control your head movements better.†His back-foot can be more pronounced but the ligament tear and a spate of injuries did him no good. But if he can smash a hundred with a stiff back, imagine what he would have done had he been fully fit. When God blesses you with talent, he doesn’t take it away overnight. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, a mentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India. Yuvraj still works hard at his game; and I can vouch for it. I had played at a level decent enough to comment on how it works in our country. The same people who are baying for my son’s blood — and I do not want to single them out in print — had cast aspersions on me during my playing days. “Indian cricket mein koi kisi ka dost nahin,†trust me when I say this. I have told Yuvraj that from now on cricket is his lifeblood. Cricket hi dost, cricket hi teri aashiqui. After he is done with it, he can get married, have children, do whatever he wants to. But now the game alone should matter. You will see a different Yuvraj from here on. I will tell you why he had restrained himself during the post-match presentation at Rajkot. I told him that he shouldn’t even indulge in jokes, lest he is misunderstood again. Say the sweet good-mornings, good-evenings, a thank-you after getting a hundred and retreat to your room. Like a demanding father, now I want him to get a double hundred. Because it is Yuvraj I am not being unreasonable. The hundred at Rajkot is a good omen. Truly he won hearts. Love you, son. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, amentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India
:cantstop::cantstop::cantstop::cantstop: REAL Daddy PWNS ICF Daddy any day !!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This one was written by the real papa Yograj in a local daily - http://www.mumbaimirror.com/index.aspx?page=article&sectid=59&contentid=200811162008111603382617021ca02e8&sectxslt=section It’s been times of turmoil not only for Yuvraj but for all of us. I have never seen my son so depressed. He was feeling down and forlorn. He was being vilified by all and sundry; his commitment was being questioned. I could sense a palpable indifference from our near ones as well. It seemed the whole world had turned against us. Before the first one-day at Rajkot, Yuvraj asked me, “Dad, I love everyone. What have I done to deserve all this?” I had to shake him up. I told him, “Yeh jo baap ki pagdi hain na, iski bahut kimat hain.” If not for anything else he had to play for me. Yuvraj looked into my eyes and hugged me. I asked him if he was ready. He was and I could see it. Ancient texts have it that those destined for great deeds have to pass through fire, front up to all kinds of obstacles. It can never, never be easy for them. I told Yuvraj that when the engineer up there decides to give, he will shower so much that you wouldn’t even realise what is happening. The hundred at Rajkot, and particularly the way he got it, should only strengthen his faith. Sar jhukao sirf khuda ke samne. What wrong has he done? I wish I knew why the media and former Indian cricketers paint Yuvraj in black at every conceivable opportunity. Just what wrong has he done? Show me one player who hasn’t suffered the vagaries of form. Virender Sehwag was out of the side for nearly a year. Even Sachin Tendulkar had to endure a lean period, and now Rahul Dravid is going through the worst phase of his career. I have often been asked why Yuvraj hasn’t cemented his place in the Test team after being around for eight years. Think of India’s batting order and you will have the answer. Who could he have possibly replaced? I still believe that Yuvraj has a bright future in the Tests. Michael Hussey was initiated to Tests when he was 30. That doesn’t make him any less successful. And we must not forget that Yuvraj hasn’t really got a long run. In Australia he had to make way after a few failures. I am not even talking about the bad decisions and some of the exceptional catches that did him in. And Yuvraj was not the only one who failed against Ajantha Mendis in Sri Lanka. MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina obviously had a game plan: rotate the strike and step out occasionally. But Yuvraj is different in the sense that when a bowler is dominating him, he wants to counter-attack. I had told him that he should not allow Mendis to settle down but it didn’t work out that way. I would like to see Mendis bowl to Yuvraj on a true wicket. Also, when you play cricket day in and day out some errors are bound to creep in. I realised that Yuvraj’s head position was not always correct. It was tilting a bit which was impeding the smooth downswing of his bat. “He has worked hard on that. Of late I have urging him, “Son, you will be better off if you played in front of the pad. You will be able to control your head movements better.” His back-foot can be more pronounced but the ligament tear and a spate of injuries did him no good. But if he can smash a hundred with a stiff back, imagine what he would have done had he been fully fit. When God blesses you with talent, he doesn’t take it away overnight. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, a mentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India. Yuvraj still works hard at his game; and I can vouch for it. I had played at a level decent enough to comment on how it works in our country. The same people who are baying for my son’s blood — and I do not want to single them out in print — had cast aspersions on me during my playing days. “Indian cricket mein koi kisi ka dost nahin,” trust me when I say this. I have told Yuvraj that from now on cricket is his lifeblood. Cricket hi dost, cricket hi teri aashiqui. After he is done with it, he can get married, have children, do whatever he wants to. But now the game alone should matter. You will see a different Yuvraj from here on. I will tell you why he had restrained himself during the post-match presentation at Rajkot. I told him that he shouldn’t even indulge in jokes, lest he is misunderstood again. Say the sweet good-mornings, good-evenings, a thank-you after getting a hundred and retreat to your room. Like a demanding father, now I want him to get a double hundred. Because it is Yuvraj I am not being unreasonable. The hundred at Rajkot is a good omen. Truly he won hearts. Love you, son. With a bit of love and affection Yuvraj could have been redeemed much earlier. Maybe Yuvraj needed a friend, amentor. Maybe with the right guiding hand, Vinod Kambli too wouldn’t have had to live with an unfulfilled career. Maybe this is too much to expect in India
sigh....is this for real???? what a joke family this is.... full of actors.... yes flamy, the real dad pwns the ICF dad anyday....

kya drama hai yeh .. why is his family so desi TV serial type. He was out of form , he worked hard and he is back scoring run. who called for his head ? Media have been asking him to concentrate more on his game and work harder. I have not read a single article which was about dropping UV. Yograj pagal aadmi hai, fathers like him try to live their lives through their children and it can put so much pressure on kids that it can destroy their lives.

some 15 years back,i have read an interview of Yograj singh, when Kapil retired from international cricket. Yograj told He was like an elder brother to Kapil, both attended training from same coach, both played in same team, both shared excellent relationship. but how Kapil screwed his career after becoming popular and ensured Yograj was dropped from indian team, north zone team, haryana team after he dropped a catch near boundary line off kapil in an Benson & hedges one dayer in Australia in late 70's or early 80's. even after almost 15 years, Yograj said he is not willing to forget and forgive Kapil. he told kapil approached him after retirement for a kind of compromise but he refused to talk to him. his career was curtailed because of kapil dev. he also mentioned that there were many other yograj singh's in Indian cricket, who were victimised by Kapil dev, because of his insecurity.the interviewer had mentioned that Yograj had tears in his eyes when he was explaining him the circumstances which lead to his droppiing from Haryana team and how it broke his heart.There is more to Yograj than just being Yuvi's father.even then he had spoken of his son and how he would one day rule the batting for india. later i read after yuvraj's debut in nairobi chanpions trophy , about how yograj had imposed himself on yuvraj's career, the punishments, the compulsory 3 hours training in the morning/evening and bullying when he failed in crunch matches or got out to poor choice of shots. Yuvraj's mom is more like a friend for him but his father was a hard taskmaster.

some 15 years back,i have read an interview of Yograj singh, when Kapil retired from international cricket. Yograj told He was like an elder brother to Kapil, both attended training from same coach, both played in same team, both shared excellent relationship. but how Kapil screwed his career after becoming popular and ensured Yograj was dropped from indian team, north zone team, haryana team after he dropped a catch near boundary line off kapil in an Benson & hedges one dayer in Australia in late 70's or early 80's. even after almost 15 years, Yograj said he is not willing to forget and forgive Kapil. he told kapil approached him after retirement for a kind of compromise but he refused to talk to him. his career was curtailed because of kapil dev. he also mentioned that there were many other yograj singh's in Indian cricket, who were victimised by Kapil dev, because of his insecurity.the interviewer had mentioned that Yograj had tears in his eyes when he was explaining him the circumstances which lead to his droppiing from Haryana team and how it broke his heart.There is more to Yograj than just being Yuvi's father.even then he had spoken of his son and how he would one day rule the batting for india. later i read after yuvraj's debut in nairobi chanpions trophy , about how yograj had imposed himself on yuvraj's career, the punishments, the compulsory 3 hours training in the morning/evening and bullying when he failed in crunch matches or got out to poor choice of shots. Yuvraj's mom is more like a friend for him but his father was a hard taskmaster.
so yuvraj aint going to ICL.:winky: