Eng playing the tests would be hypocritical...

goose

No. Pakistan is a country where in the past terrorists have been encouraged, assisted and allowed to thrive, hence why a lot of people would not feel safe visiting there. India isn't so - it's a country that's been attacked by such elements, but thankfully terrorism isn't yet an element of life the way it is across the border. Chalk and cheese here, and there's nothing wrong with opting to tour India.

There are 2 sides to this (other than hypocrasy) One is that its too soon after the attacks. Guys like Sachin, Rohit, Zaheer, etc would have family/friends living in Mumbai that they should be spending time with. However on the other hand ... not getting on with our lives is letting the terrorists win. So yeah Im undecided on this matter.

What a lame, stupid thread. Pakistan has attacks every week from radical groups beating the crap out of the locals and there's a huge anti-West, pro radical movement there. This is the first Islamic Terrorist attack in India for how long? And finally Pakistan is like a mound of dog **** compared to India in terms of touring. So no, the situation isn't comparable and nothing alike and anybody that is trying to draw the comparison between India and Pak is a moron.

but a bomb is a bomb is a bomb right? the most bombed country in the world (Iraq aside) in the last year including this latest one which targeted Westerners, and you're saying touring India but not Pakistan is a justified stance to take by objective security officials?

I guess it's the trust factor, in Pakistan there is danger of security defecting due to religious sentiments or plain hatred towards the west. In India, we are simply "victims" of terrorism, and there are certain centers which are more prone to attacks than the others so there is somewhere a comfort zone there

I guess it's the trust factor, in Pakistan there is danger of security defecting due to religious sentiments or plain hatred towards the west. In India, we are simply "victimes" of terrorism, and there are certian centres which are more prone to attacks than the others so there is somewhere a comfort zone there
England toured Pakistan in 2005 when things were much more worse. The whole tour went smooth without any disruptions. Their traitor South African captain was one the most vociferous guys to not to participate in the Champion's trophy in Pakistan due to 'security reason,' and now he says "Terrorists should not win, I will go to India bla bla" I hope England does go to India, but why double standards? I wonder what his statement would have been if IPL wasn't there?
England toured Pakistan in 2005 when things were much more worse. The whole tour went smooth without any disruptions. Their traitor South African captain was one the most vociferous guys to not to participate in the Champion's trophy in Pakistan due to 'security reason' date='' and now he says "Terrorists should not win, I will go to India bla bla" I hope England does go to India, but why double standards? I wonder what his statement would have been if IPL wasn't there?[/quote'] its about Money ..
England toured Pakistan in 2005 when things were much more worse. The whole tour went smooth without any disruptions. Their traitor South African captain was one the most vociferous guys to not to participate in the Champion's trophy in Pakistan due to 'security reason' date='' and now he says "Terrorists should not win, I will go to India bla bla" I hope England does go to India, but why double standards? I wonder what his statement would have been if IPL wasn't there?[/quote'] England didn't want to tour pak for champions trophy because by that time they had lost hope. thoughts like "a pakistani security guard might even hit the trigger on the gun and shoot one of england's player" would be going through their mind. they just don't trust the pakistani people and it's security. thats the reason. Even a security guard in pakistan might get CYCO and might start shooting people/players around him