An open letter to Rahul Dravid

zubinpepsi

But you cant just say apart from hiss hundred. He got that ton. And it could well mean he is back in form and could be a great asset. Especially as next tour is of NZ were he could be invaluable if he is back to being the wall
Now that he got the ton and showed the fight, I dont know if selectors can throw him out for NZ. We'll see what happens. If RD indeed got in form (not clear yet), then this is very good news for NZ tour, since we'll need someone like him on a green pitch.

I think your comments are not in good taste because only the captain, coach and selectors have the powers to drop a player. And, no player is so selfless that he will ask himself to be dropped. In fact, players need to have a big ego (you can call it self-confidence), otherwise they will never be sure of themselves. So, I can't expect RD to drop himself. It is upto Cheeka and co to take that decision. I would say RD is selfish if he actually a) licks the boots of Cheeka, MSD or Gary to make sure that he is in the team b) He deliberately plays within himself or too much above his limitations such that he is thinking of his own interests (which include fan following) rather than the team. I haven't seen him do that, and so I won't say RD is being selfish. If I were the selectors I'd have dropped him after the SL tour and asked him to concentrate on his batting and also relaxing himself. Also, I'd have instructed MSD and Gary to give him a chance lower down the order if they insist in picking RD. Both haven't happened and i am disappointed. But that in no way means that RD is responsible for that.

It's a circle. They will come out when he fails again. That's true for most player detractors. Another 2/3 falures from Sachin will have fans writing open letters to him to retire gracefully.
I wonder if they would do such a thing, surely the haters have run back to the hills after watching him today.

Guys thread was started in 2008 dec. His performance was poor at that time. Let us not lose sight of the facts. If you take out Bangladesh he averaged around 29 in the 23 tests. His Test avge dropped from 57 to 52. So he was bad for a very long period. At that times questions were raised. Especially Ganguly fans were outrageous. ajnwy1.png

Sachin Tendulkar against non-minnow from 1 Jan 2006 to 31 Aug 2008 http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/35320.html?class=1;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=default;spanmax1=31+Aug+2008;spanmin1=1+Jan+2006;spanval1=span;template=results;type=allround

unfiltered  	1989-2009  	160  	12777  	248*  	54.37  	42  	44  	3/10  	51.63  	0  	102  	0  	Profile
filtered 	2006-2008 	22 	1300 	154* 	37.14 	2 	2 	1/26 	164.50 	0 	17 	0