What Tendulkar means to people

Guest BossBhai

Till this day, if SRT's batting, I'm supposed to go call my grandmom to the living room so she'll watch SRT bat. She's 87, and loves cricket. She's been going to Brabourne, then Wankhede, since the 40's. When I was a kid, my mom would make me eat lunch/dinner before SRT gets out, because she knew that if he went cheaply, I would lose my appetite and sulk all day. :--D

Till this day, if SRT's batting, I'm supposed to go call my grandmom to the living room so she'll watch SRT bat. She's 87, and loves cricket. She's been going to Brabourne, then Wankhede, since the 40's. When I was a kid, my mom would make me eat lunch/dinner before SRT gets out, because she knew that if he went cheaply, I would lose my appetite and sulk all day. :--D
Wow, incredible! :two_thumbs_up:
Guest dada_rocks

In course of time: I am expecing few PhD thesis on impact of Tendulkar phenomena on indian psyche.. My mother knows the name Tendulkar. I wish I cud express what it means.

Off Topic: Tendulkar's cool and all... but he just doesnt wiggle me quite like Dhoni :--D All I can say is my hair stands every time Sach gets a hundred. When other players get a hundred, I feel good and jumo and stuff. But when, Sach gets it, I am mesmerized.
what abt manpreet gony? on topic: Tendulkar means disciplined, hard working player. Those two qualities more than celebrity status mean a lot. Infact, all the celebrity stuff is more distraction, and credit to him for ignoring those for the most part.

Cricket has been part of my DNA since the day my Dad took me along for the India Australia ODI at the Wankhdede stadium during the 1996 World Cup. I was 11 years old & had never been to a stadium or witnessed such a huge gathering of people. Australia had set India a target of 258 courtesy a Mark Waugh century. Then walked in Sachin Tendulkar. The shots he played and the applause he got for every run scored will be etched in my memory forever. He was stumped my Mark Waugh off a wide delivery after scoring 91 of 84 balls. Then began the customary Indian batting collapse. By the time our tailenders had finished their catwalk back to the pavilion, we were still short by 17 runs. Strangely though, while returning home from the match, it was not India's defeat I was thinking about ... I was just wondering how one man could be so much more talented than the rest. From then on, my heart has stopped everytime he walked out to bat. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get hold of the video of that match just to re-live the moments when I was baptized as an Indian cricket fan.

From then on' date=' my heart has stopped everytime he walked out to bat. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get hold of the video of that match just to re-live the moments when I was baptized as an Indian cricket fan.[/quote'] I had uploaded it onto our youtube account but those nazis suspended the account for copyright infringement. I'll find that video and put it up later (on the FB group).
Cricket has been part of my DNA since the day my Dad took me along for the India Australia ODI at the Wankhdede stadium during the 1996 World Cup. I was 11 years old & had never been to a stadium or witnessed such a huge gathering of people. Australia had set India a target of 258 courtesy a Mark Waugh century. Then walked in Sachin Tendulkar. The shots he played and the applause he got for every run scored will be etched in my memory forever. He was stumped my Mark Waugh off a wide delivery after scoring 91 of 84 balls. Then began the customary Indian batting collapse. By the time our tailenders had finished their catwalk back to the pavilion' date=' we were still short by 17 runs. Strangely though, while returning home from the match, it was not India's defeat I was thinking about ... I was just wondering how one man could be so much more talented than the rest. From then on, my heart has stopped everytime he walked out to bat. I've been trying unsuccessfully to get hold of the video of that match just to re-live the moments when I was baptized as an Indian cricket fan.[/quote'] Brings back memories of that innings. I remember McGrath was so pissed off :haha::haha::haha::haha: