IPL Transfers

Sachinism

i'll talk about my team, punjab.we have quite a few good batsman with jaya,marsh n sanga doing controlled hitting n yuvi,hopes n pathan going berserk. our bowling is quite weak tho.i want sree out n gony in.also a spinner,someone like mishra,would be nice.both powar n chawla r useless

It's a good swap for BRC. They had test quality batsmen in Dravid, Kallis, Chanders and Jaffer. We took Kohli who is another good test bat, but was miserable in T20s. Uthappa, White (another flop) and Boucher are the only T20-grade batsmen now. Mishbah was there, but he didn't do much. Bowlers don't matter in T20s. I propose they should be bowling machines for T20 matches.

mumbai have dhawan this time' date=' so they should be able to perform better than last time. and this time,[b'] i will be a team-less person in the ipl
AWW!:icflove: With the useless irritating Uttappa joining BRC...I am also taking my support back from BRC.....:((

It's a good swap for BRC. They had test quality batsmen in Dravid, Kallis, Chanders and Jaffer. We took Kohli who is another good test bat, but was miserable in T20s. Uthappa, White (another flop) and Boucher are the only T20-grade batsmen now. Mishbah was there, but he didn't do much. Bowlers don't matter in T20s. I propose they should be bowling machines for T20 matches.
that is absolutely and completely wrong.the most effective way to win t20 matches is to have bowlers who can take wickets.

AWW!:icflove: With the useless irritating Uttappa joining BRC...I am also taking my support back from BRC.....:((
Mumbai Indians fan = Mumbai lovers + Sachin fans BRC fans = Beetle - Beetle (as she is withdrawing her support now) = 0 :woot:

please-the only teams who you can beat is brc and hyderabad.
Is that the reason why we finished 5th in IPL rankings ? We beat KKR (2x), CSK, DD. One runners up and One semi-finalist chokers :hysterical:

T20 is a batsman's game, not a bowler's game, especially in India Besides, what did Zak do in the first season anyway? I'll always trade a hard-hitting batsman for a good seam bowler for a T20 match. Uthappa was one of the more consistent performers for MI. If anything you guys should be worried he is leaving, coz in the initial stages of the tournament when MI hardly won anything, he was the lone guy who was scoring runs. Besides, Sanath is 39, no one knows when he will call it quits. And Truth be told, Sachin simply does not have the power game to dominate a T20 match. Sure, he is still good enough to score the 50 off 35 balls, but he simply does not have it in him to dominate a T20 match. Ronchi was absolute pants, Thornley was pointless. Dhawan is a good addition though, but I am confused as to where he is going to bat.
Sachin Surya Rahane Ronchi Dhawan Bravo Nayar Zak Bhajji Kulkarni Malinga

I doubt if he will feature in IPL this season as he is still healing from his injury :((.

Is that the reason why we finished 5th in IPL rankings ? We beat KKR (2x)' date=' CSK, DD. One runners up and One semi-finalist chokers :hysterical:[/quote'] you also lost to the worst team in the history of t20 cricket(brc) and you just lost you highest scorer(uthappa) in that match. :giggle::rotfl:

please-the only teams who you can beat is brc and hyderabad.
Even after losing first four matches, they almost reached semi-finals of inaugral edition !! Won six matches on the trot where as your BRC managed to win only four matches for the whole season :giggle:
Results 55th match: Bangalore Royal Challengers v Mumbai Indians at Bangalore - May 28, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 9 wickets (with 12 balls remaining). Bangalore Royal Challengers 122/9 (18/18 ov); Mumbai Indians 126/1 (16/18 ov) 53rd match: Rajasthan Royals v Mumbai Indians at Jaipur - May 26, 2008 Rajasthan Royals won by 5 wickets (with 0 balls remaining). Mumbai Indians 145/7 (20/20 ov); Rajasthan Royals 146/5 (20/20 ov) 50th match: Delhi Daredevils v Mumbai Indians at Delhi - May 24, 2008 Delhi Daredevils won by 5 wickets (with 1 ball remaining). Mumbai Indians 176/8 (20/20 ov); Delhi Daredevils 179/5 (19.5/20 ov) 45th match: Mumbai Indians v Kings XI Punjab at Mumbai - May 21, 2008 Kings XI Punjab won by 1 run. Kings XI Punjab 189/4 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 188 (20/20 ov) 42nd match: Deccan Chargers v Mumbai Indians at Hyderabad (Decc) - May 18, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 25 runs. Mumbai Indians 178/7 (20/20 ov); Deccan Chargers 153/7 (20/20 ov) 38th match: Mumbai Indians v Kolkata Knight Riders at Mumbai - May 16, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 8 wickets (with 87 balls remaining). Kolkata Knight Riders 67 (15.2/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 68/2 (5.3/20 ov) 36th match: Mumbai Indians v Chennai Super Kings at Mumbai - May 14, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 9 wickets (with 37 balls remaining). Chennai Super Kings 156/6 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 158/1 (13.5/20 ov) 27th match: Mumbai Indians v Rajasthan Royals at Mumbai - May 7, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 7 wickets (with 29 balls remaining). Rajasthan Royals 103 (16.2/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 104/3 (15.1/20 ov) 23rd match: Mumbai Indians v Delhi Daredevils at Mumbai - May 4, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 29 runs. Mumbai Indians 162/8 (20/20 ov); Delhi Daredevils 133 (18.5/20 ov) 16th match: Kolkata Knight Riders v Mumbai Indians at Kolkata - Apr 29, 2008 Mumbai Indians won by 7 wickets (with 8 balls remaining). Kolkata Knight Riders 137/8 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 138/3 (18.4/20 ov) 14th match: Mumbai Indians v Deccan Chargers at Mumbai - Apr 27, 2008 Deccan Chargers won by 10 wickets (with 48 balls remaining). Mumbai Indians 154/7 (20/20 ov); Deccan Chargers 155/0 (12/20 ov) 10th match: Kings XI Punjab v Mumbai Indians at Mohali - Apr 25, 2008 Kings XI Punjab won by 66 runs. Kings XI Punjab 182 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 116/9 (20/20 ov) 8th match: Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians at Chennai - Apr 23, 2008 Chennai Super Kings won by 6 runs. Chennai Super Kings 208/5 (20/20 ov); Mumbai Indians 202/7 (20/20 ov) 5th match: Mumbai Indians v Bangalore Royal Challengers at Mumbai - Apr 20, 2008 Bangalore Royal Challengers won by 5 wickets (with 2 balls remaining). Mumbai Indians 165/6 (20/20 ov); Bangalore Royal Challengers 166/5 (19.4/20 ov)

That does not look like a world beating T20 to me. You still lack firepower, the killing punch. Your biggest achilles heal could your top order. Jaya is nowadays a hit-and-miss sort of player. If he delivers, he delivers magnificently, if he fails, he fails spectacularly. I’ve already articulated why Sachin is not going that big a force in T20.