How good is SA?

flamy

:hatsoff: Their ODI team looks effin fantastic. They have Smith and Amla at the top followed by DeVilliers and the prodigy of Duminy. Then, they have Boucher and A Morkel to pinch hit. Botha is their spinner who does ok, and then they have an excellent battery of fast bowlers in Ntini, Steyn and Morkel. They also have Parnell and Tsotsobe. Of course, their Test team rocks too. How I wish we have a series with them in the near future.

:hatsoff: Their ODI team looks effin fantastic. They have Smith and Amla at the top followed by DeVilliers and the prodigy of Duminy. Then, they have Boucher and A Morkel to pinch hit. Botha is their spinner who does ok, and then they have an excellent battery of fast bowlers in Ntini, Steyn and Morkel. They also have Parnell and Tsotsobe. Of course, their Test team rocks too. How I wish we have a series with them in the near future.
I would love see India take them on in both forms of the game. Whoever wins, we will see some damn good competitive cricket.
SA are boring but dogged and disciplined.
Disagree with the boring bit. Guys like Gibbs, De Villiers, Steyn, Morkel and Morkel are great to watch. Others like Duminy and Boucher are hardly boring, while not major entertainers. Duminy's a fabulous batsman to sit and watch; he bats with a very understated flair and is the sort whose strokes more and more attractive to watch at the crease as you watch an innings unfold. Reminds me very much of a left handed Martin Crowe for some reason (VERY high praise btw). They've got a great team right now mixing a lot of purposeful, gritty batsmen with some real flair and match winning strokeplayers/bowlers, and I can't wait until India next tours. (BTW: If South Africa to tour England this coming year instead of '08... what are the odds that England would have had their asses kicked even harder?)

Right now i am putting SA on higher than india Because they won both forms in Australia. India failed to do that. But SA lost to england and india some time back. So SA-IND series will prove who is the best I agree with sachin we are better on any condition. But dont forget zaheer and ishant. We are lacking a good quality spinner.. without harbhajan...... SA has better fast bowler than india. They are much better fielding side...Better all rounder. India has good batting line up, better spinner and good fast bowlers(not better than them) I hope india with raina , yuvi , dhoni in the middle can bat on green pitches against SA's fast bowlers.. Come on INDIA...

Our two fast bowlers are fantastic. Zaheer gets reverse swing as his whim fancies and Ishant has just gotten better and better winning a MOS in India. I agree that other than these two, others are not as great. But, they are definitely not any less than the SA bowlers.

Our two fast bowlers are fantastic. Zaheer gets reverse swing as his whim fancies and Ishant has just gotten better and better winning a MOS in India. I agree that other than these two, others are not as great. But, they are definitely not any less than the SA bowlers.
Man we sure could use that "world's fastest bowler" right about NOW!!:pray:

Guys, India are the stronger ODI team. I have no doubt...India no.1 ODI team But SA the stronger test team- beat Pak, Eng, Aus all away. Bowled India out for 76 at Ahmedabad and India got a draw, 1-1. India no.2 test team in world. But a series in SA would be exciting between SA and Ind!