Last 10 overs - 46 runs

Gambit

Dhoni messed up by taking Powerplay between 40-45 overs. I thought Yusuf was doing pretty good by taking singles/doubles. Dhoni and Yusuf should have stretched their partnership till 45th over and then the PP should've taken. UV got a shocker and that messed up Dhoni's plan. He would have taken the PP when the new ball was taken.

^^ check out the final few responses of the match thread. people are acting as if India have handed over the win for the second ODI on a silver platter
Might be theirs prayers won us match...:pray: Until and unless india is winning i dont care about anything... :two_thumbs_up:

though i'm one of the biggest fan of Dhoni but it seems like he is no longer confident in his hitting/striking ablities ...its been a while we have seen any of his Sixes from helicoper/Kulhaadi shot or by stepping down the pitch ... even in the PPlays, he was trying to take singles inside the circle... IMO u have higher chances of getting Runout inside the PPlays than getting caught... hopefully Dhoni will be back to his aggressive best soon

though i'm one of the biggest fan of Dhoni but it seems like he is no longer confident in his hitting/striking ablities ...its been a while we have seen any of his Sixes from helicoper/Kulhaadi shot or by stepping down the pitch ... even in the PPlays' date=' he was trying to take singles inside the circle... IMO u have higher chances of getting Runout inside the PPlays than getting caught... hopefully Dhoni will be back to his aggressive best soon[/quote'] Regarding the helicopter shot of MSD - I think he has back problem, and after that he stopped doing this.
i agree with some of you guys-i dont really see what ojha brings to the table for an odi team-jadeja is a much better choice.
I think they wanted to try a "genuine spinner" in first few matches. Maybe for ODI-3, it is time to give R.Jadeja a chance instead of Ojha (it will strengthen our batting, but possibly weaken the bowling - dunno how good R.J. is for bowling 8 overs against SL?)
I think they wanted to try a "genuine spinner" in first few matches. Maybe for ODI-3' date=' it is time to give R.Jadeja a chance instead of Ojha (it will strengthen our batting, but possibly weaken the bowling - dunno how good R.J. is for bowling 8 overs against SL?)[/quote'] how bad can he be?.he bowls it flatter but he brings a lot to the table in his batting and fielding.

I'm going to be a bit biased here and say that Ojha needs to be in the playing 11. I think he has a better future than any of the other "pure" spinners, barring Mishra. He's a tall guy for a spinner (in the Dan Vettori mould), gets a lot of dip, and can become a good prospect. Nothing against Jadeja here because he would add a lot with his fielding and batting (he's scored quite a few runs this domestic season) - but I'd like Ojha to be there in the squad at least for the next 3rd ODI.

I'm going to be a bit biased here and say that Ojha needs to be in the playing 11. I think he has a better future than any of the other "pure" spinners' date=' barring Mishra. He's a tall guy for a spinner (in the Dan Vettori mould), gets a lot of dip, and can become a good prospect. Nothing against Jadeja here because he would add a lot with his fielding and batting (he's scored quite a few runs this domestic season) - but I'd like Ojha to be there in the squad at least for the next 3rd ODI.[/quote'] its just issue of batting depth. currently zk at 8 is a weak lineup...tough choice for Dhoni - genuine spinner or allrounder. Not an easy decision.
Ojha is a good addition to our team. For a newbie, he looks remarkably composed and in-control. No team has dismantled so far. But of course, once Bhajji is back, I'll hand him back the place.
yes but what does he bring to the table as our spin striker?.i dont think we are going to pick 2 spinners in an odi ever again unless its a rank turner so our main spinner has to be a match winner and ojha so far has not been a match winner-just adequate.