Balaji returns to Team India to replace Munaf

Rajiv

Bala was never in that range..at the max he wud get to 140ks but his avg speed was 132ks..he cud get the ball to move both ways..thats wat made him special
Machi Look at previous matches machi... When he and Irfan were opening the bowling..... Irfan would be at Mid 130's and Bala in the Early 140's...
Yes' date=' if he [b']regains swing and pace, it will be great. However, I think it will be a while before he can try to go near his old pace, that too if his fitness improves, and injury has healed. But, will be good to have ZK, IS and LB in flow in Test matches.
ifs n buts dont work,we all saw him in the IPL n he hardly looked threatening.i would even take someone like sangwan instead of balaji
Balaji may never bowl faster than 130k's again.but he has added a few variations. he has an excellent incutter and a decent out swinger. good change pf pace. if we can win the 3rd one day' date=' may be he will play again.[/quote'] Even if he does play, I fully expect he will find himself rusty since he has not played Intl cricket for a long while. But over time if he gets in the groove, it may be useful.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: handsome :giggle::giggle:
Girls find "dark, handsome folks" hot. http://content-www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/134307.html
If you take four international cricketers and put them into a college auditorium, packed to the rafters with teenaged boys and girls, the reaction is like dropping a nugget of sodium in water. "Balaji! Balaji! Balaji!" went the roars as members of the Indian team trooped into the Lahore University of Management Studies, or LUMS as it is popularly referred to in these parts. Rahul Dravid, Irfan Pathan, Parthiv Patel and Lakshmipathy Balaji were overwhelmed. Founded in 1985, LUMS is probably the best college in Lahore. Although not steeped in history and tradition like the Government College, once one of the leading colleges in undivided India, LUMS is state of the art, well designed, and has the casual air of any college campus you might see in the west. Its red-brick theme goes well with the manicured gardens, large courtyards and high-roofed corridors. LUMS is a bit of a misnomer, as it has long ceased to be an exclusive management school. But when the Indian players stepped into the campus, it ceased to be a centre for higher learning. It became a heaving, caterwauling, cat-calling, whistling theatre of dreams where kids got a chance to come face to face with celebrities. "I was this close to Balaji," said an excited Sajeda to her equally keyed-up friend, indicating the distance with the span of her trembling hand. Balaji? Surely you mean Sachin Tendulkar? Or Shah Rukh Khan? If Umar Gul was the surprise package with the ball, Balaji has been the shocker in the popularity charts on this tour. But why, we asked, and the answers were predictably barmy. "His name is so sweet. You see, we use ji as a form of respect, like Inzamam ji or Yousuf ji. With Balaji you don't have to, it's already there," said one of the seniors in the college. Another put it down to the fact that the syllables in the name Ba-la-ji lend themselves more effortlessly to chanting than most others. And then there's that six he hit off Shoaib Akhtar. There's a growing irritation among the younger generation of Pakistanis with Shoaib's repeated mouthing off. So, when Balaji, the unlikeliest of heroes, clattered Shoaib high into the stands, it fulfilled the ambition of a generation. "I must tell you I've never even hit a six in Ranji Trophy or first-class cricket," said Balaji, sending the crowd into further excitable chanting. But the evening was not all about Balaji. There was the elder statesman, Dravid, confirming journalists' belief that he has a long and distinguished career in the diplomatic corps waiting for him if he wants it, when he hangs up his batting gloves. "Coming here reminds me of the time I was in college. We used to sit around in the auditoriums and make a racket every time someone came to speak to us. I can now tell you for sure, it's more fun being on the side you are," he said from the podium, and in one stroke won over the whole audience. ..... .................
This is the boy who unintentionally charmed the Pakistani gals and even had them singing, " Balaji zarra dheere chalo ..."
lol finey has lost it..finey pls cool down..its not like Balaji is gonna set the world on fire..he has just got selected to the squad..hyper is one word that can easily be associated with u :haha:
arre, i've been saying he prolly not gonna play in 11, and even if he does he is gonna be very rusty. Initially i posted becos of the "cheeka chennai parochial comment". But - after seeing the L.B. interview recently, he was so sad that injury shortened his career, it is just good he is getting a chance.
lol finey has lost it..finey pls cool down..its not like Balaji is gonna set the world on fire..he has just got selected to the squad..hyper is one word that can easily be associated with u :haha:
well exactly.. hes a good bowler and i wud pick him in the team since there aint any promising ones in the domestic circuit..
Even if he does play' date=' I fully expect he will find himself rusty since he has not played Intl cricket for a long while. But over time if he gets in the groove, it may be useful.[/quote'] on the contrary i think he will not be rusty at all. the guy has been bowling day in and day out for the last 2 months. he will hit the right length straight away. only thing, he shud not be bowling at Jayasurya and sanga in his first spell. i think he can manage as much pace and swing/variation like Praveen kumar. what the team needs is a fit Sreesanth if they want to rest Ishant too along with Zak.
on the contrary i think he will not be rusty at all. the guy has been bowling day in and day out for the last 2 months. he will hit the right length straight away. only thing' date=' he shud not be bowling at Jayasurya and sanga in his first spell. i think he can manage as luch pace and swing/variation like Praveen kumar. what the team needs [b']is a fit Sreesanth if they want to rest Ishant too along with Zak.
if he takes his cricket seriously sure. forget the dance and party for a while atleast sree.
dude ur talking crap asusual... so what so special about Sangwan.. Im not a balaji fan.. but ur claims r ridiculous...
where did i say Sangwan is special?he isnt,nor is the current balaji.but atleast Sangwan has age on his side n can also handle the bat.i'm not rooting for sangwan,i'm just saying hes better bet than balaji
where did i say Sangwan is special?he isnt' date='nor is the current balaji.but atleast Sangwan has age on his side n can also handle the bat.i'm not rooting for sangwan,[b']i'm just saying hes better bet than balaji
yeah ..tell me how??? by age?? then i say kohli is better bet than sachin...