Irfan

flamy

And yeah, it is true that he has more control over his slower balls than the normal deliveries. Shows that he's concentrating more on limited overs cricket, which again is dissappoiting.
I know what you mean. I think that as well but it's no excuse. You have to be mentally lazy not to be able to focus on both. I still have no idea why he didn't try to pitch the ball up more when Kula clearly got a couple every over with the new ball to swing. As a swing bowler if you can't use the kookaburra ball under the lights in condtions that help swing then get the hell out of the game. What did you think about him going back to his old action? I was pretty shocked by that.

Its not actually such a bad thing, imo. Its the similar to that action which got him all those early breakthroughs in 05-06 in ODIs. Much more pleasing to the eye, anyway. And as for him not swinging the ball, I dont know (he never swing the ball that much since his return with the exception of those two matches in Australia. One with new ball and the other with reverse swing). But I suppose you need a bit of time to get used to a certain type of bowling action. Edit: His swing isnt all that bad tbh.

the guy was gr8 when he bursted into the international arena... but seriously now he is lacking pace.. he used to bowl mid 130s....its shame that the guy now is the opening pace bowler for India and his 2nd ball was 112 with max speed of 122 in the first over... dont know who told him to cut down on his pace considering he was already slow .... hopefully bowling coach Venky is not suggesting our bowlers to slow down... Ishant was bowling mid 140s in Australia but now in this whole series, he bowled high 120s and low 130.... I remember Harsha Bhogle said about Ishant " Anyone who suggests Ishant to cut down on pace should be sent to Moon"....

to think, he was such a prodigious bowler in the 2004 test series against Australia Anybody remember that yorker he bowled to Adam Gilchrist in the Sydney test at the end of the 3 rd day. That was pure cricketing heaven. What I would give to watch him bowl like that again
Although he was a better bowler then, it's not as if he was a great bowler then. The work is really cut out for Irfan. First, he has to reach the levels of 2004 by swinging it a bit more, and getting his pace back, and then he has to transform himself like ZK did in 2006 by being more consistent, adding variety like bowling round the wicket, etc. He can do it, but it's very hard, so I wouldn't bet by money on it.
i think he bowled well today.got rid of jayasuriya"(two times actually).n kept his econ under 6.dont forget he bowled first to jayasuriya n dilshan n then in batting PP.
Disagree. 1.) His eco was over 6 2.) Ur point is he bowled well in comparision to the rest of the guys, but overall it aint good enuf. 3.) Needs to get his pace and swing (asking too much in lankan conditons) back, the same way Zak did it !!!