How docile was the Karachi pitch, REALLY?

Suffice to say, much of the anger / disappointment / frustration, ..... ahem .... primarily from our northern neighbors, is directed solely at the supposed docile and lifeless nature of the Karachi pitch. Putting the rubbish conspiracy theories and rumors aside, ..... ahem, .... the verdict should be based solely on concrete facts. Purely for arguments sake, I will provide examples of supposedly flat / docile / life less pitches that produced a result after some truly fascinating and enthralling cricket 1. India versus Australia, 2004 Border - Gavaskar Trophy, Adelaide Test: The pitch was flat enough for both teams to produce 500 + in their first innings, with it still being good enough to allow a monumental 300 odd run partnership between Rahul Dravid and V V S Laxman on the 3 rd day. During that series, Rahul was in the form of his life. Right now, he's in the rut of his life. If memory serves me correctly, Agarkar took 6 / 41 on the fourth day to set India a target of 200 odd, with Rahul Dravid hitting the winnings runs on the last session of the final day 2. Australia versus England, 2006 Ashes, Adelaide Test: Again, the pitch was a supposed batting paradise that allowed both teams to score 500 + in their first innings. England however, had a brain fart and threw it away on the fifth morning thanks to some mesmeric bowling from Shane Warne. Sure the wicket was breaking up, but even the most pancake of pitches break up as the match progresses on. 3. India versus Pakistan, 2004 Series, Multan In front of an empty stadium, Sehwag scored a triple century to help India amass a massive 650 odd score. When Pakistan made use of the same lifeless pitch, India bowled them twice with the help of swing bowling to bowl Pakistan out twice and win by an innings. This started the rumour mill that Pakistan were deliberately under performing to let the Indians win and keep the sponsors. Pfffffft, why can't they be like behaved losers 4. India versus Pakistan, 2004 series, Rawailpindi Again, another supposedly dodgy batsman paradise pitch that miraculously went on to produce a result. This was the test match where Shoaib supposedly skipped bowling in the stifling heat because of supposed back spasms. Eyebrows however, were later raised when he came to bat in the second innings to produce a little cameo riddled with some lusty hits for 4's and 6's. Mr Aloo publicly questioned the legitimacy of Chuck tars injury, which sent the Indian press into having a field day 5. India versus Australia, 2008 Border Gavaskar Trophy, Mohali This is probably the best illustration of how one side made the most of a supposedly lifeless pitch to completely overwhelm Australia in every aspect of the game. On a pitch where Australia struggled to either bat or bowl, India did whatever they pleased with the bat and a had a field day with the ball. This match unearthed a good talent and a suitable replacement for Anil Kumble, a true veteran of Indian Cricket. On a supposedly unhelpful pitch, India had Australia at 59 / 5 at the end of the 4th day 6. India versus Australia, 2008 Border Gavaskar Trophy, Nagpur Another supposedly dodgy, life less pitch that looked to end in a tame draw. At the end of the third day, Krap - ich and Hayden were carting our bowlers everywhere and looked on target to reach India's first innings score. Clever and shrewd captaincy from Dhoni along with an 8 - 1 off side field were utilized to choke the runs and secure an 80 odd run lead, which laid the platform for a big Indian win How could I miss the 2001 India - Australia series? The list goes on and on When you lose, blaming the pitch / ground conditions takes precedence on your "blame list". The above list illustrates how, when presented with a help less pitch, sides have used imaginative captaincy coupled with a mixture of shrewd / astute tactics, well planned strategies and field placings to achieve the desired objectives ************************************************************************ On a side note, does anybody remember YK saying that India's resurgency under Dhoni's captaincy was purely due to good luck? To YK, from Sree_India with love :finger: :finger: :finger:

YK would be close to tears now. poor guy he was such a lively character, used to be laughing always. now that he has become pakistan captain, every one is laughing at him and his captaincy! wont be surprised if he regrets taking up captaincy! the sooner he resigns, the better for his career. He would be searching for luck by the end of this series.:haha: Afridi would be a better choice, his career cant go down beyond this level any way:hysterical:

YK would be close to tears now. poor guy he was such a lively character, used to be laughing always. now that he has become pakistan captain, every one is laughing at him and his captaincy! wont be surprised if he regrets taking up captaincy! the sooner he resigns, the better for his career. He would be searching for luck by the end of this series.:haha: Afridi would be a better choice, his career cant go down beyond this level any way:hysterical:
Yaar Rajan you have been in top form lately..some of posts have been absolute gem.Keep em coming i say.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I had never heard a better argument in favor of making Afridi the captain.:haha:
TBh though i thought too for some time that YK would be their saviour. But I guess not. now next match, Sohail khan will be dropped for mohammad talha. And the next series the exciting and dashing paki players play, they will drop both of these and recall akhtar and asif.B->

You guys spend too much time on Pakistan cricket. I suppose you must have a lot of free time on hand. You could use that time elsewhere. Pakistan has dwindled away as a cricketing nation a long time ago, they don't look like they are going to be of much worth for quite some time. It's a bit like US citizens talking about the affairs in Kenya.

You guys spend too much time on Pakistan cricket. I suppose you must have a lot of free time on hand. You could use that time elsewhere. Pakistan has dwindled away as a cricketing nation a long time ago' date=' they don't look like they are going to be of much worth for quite some time. It's a bit like US citizens talking about the affairs in Kenya.[/quote'] wurd lol. But it's all fun. point and laugh boys, point and laugh. madagascar-penguin.gif
You guys spend too much time on Pakistan cricket. I suppose you must have a lot of free time on hand. You could use that time elsewhere. Pakistan has dwindled away as a cricketing nation a long time ago' date=' they don't look like they are going to be of much worth for quite some time. It's a bit like US citizens talking about the affairs in Kenya.[/quote'] Which begs the question, isnt it the OPPORTUNE time to kick them in the stomach, when running on empty.
You guys spend too much time on Pakistan cricket. I suppose you must have a lot of free time on hand. You could use that time elsewhere. Pakistan has dwindled away as a cricketing nation a long time ago' date=' they don't look like they are going to be of much worth for quite some time. [b']It's a bit like US citizens talking about the affairs in Kenya.
:hysterical:....talk about daydreaming. But I agree with your point. These guys seriously spent way too much time on Pakistan criticism than talking about their own cricket. Pakistan had a one good day out on the cricket field and this board is a little silent. :--D t. Regardless it's a typical pathetic sub-continent pitch.
It's possible to do both. Laugh at them, then eventually feel sorry and sympathize. Then when you regain your senses, laugh at them again.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: