The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

Why would you need to give up milk? Agreed it comes from a cow' date=' but its not like you are stuffing large amounts of corn inside and bulking it up so it can be slaughtered.[/quote'] If your vegetarianism is because of cruelty, then milk is a guilty pleasure. A cow is artificially inseminated one cycle after another, treated with similar lack of compassion and once its unproductive it goes to the slaughter house.

If your vegetarianism is because of cruelty' date=' then milk is a guilty pleasure. A cow is artificially inseminated one cycle after another, treated with similar lack of compassion and once its unproductive it goes to the slaughter house.[/quote'] I guess if I'm living in the US, then you are right. But in India, I used/still do live in the villages. I milk my own cow and there needs to be a compassion for that. My uncle has to wake up at like 3 in the morning and pet the buffalo to give the milk :giggle: Some of the people in my villages even cry when a buffalo dies. It's almost like buffaloes are a part of the family.

So you're no different ? Agreed ? Here's an experiment: Since the vegetarian diet is so damn pathetic that "its difficult to eat, forget about filling tummy" & "it tastes 200 times better", you should remove all plant based ingredients in your dishes, includes the spices, herbs, ginger, garlic, lime, onions, rice, bread/roti the lot. I'll stick to my plant based diet, will give up milk, I can live on soy drinks no problem. Tell me how well your pure non-veg experience goes :nice:
Non vegetarian diet does not mean you eat only chicken or beef. It means you don't confine yourself to non animal based food.

I guess if I'm living in the US' date=' then you are right. But in India, I used/still do live in the villages. I milk my own cow and there needs to be a compassion for that. My uncle has to wake up at like 3 in the morning and pet the buffalo to give the milk :giggle:[/quote'] Go to whole foods & get the organic milk. Lots of cute hippie chicks (not the bird) as well :winky:

So you're no different ? Agreed ? Here's an experiment: Since the vegetarian diet is so damn pathetic that "its difficult to eat, forget about filling tummy" & "it tastes 200 times better", you should remove all plant based ingredients in your dishes, includes the spices, herbs, ginger, garlic, lime, onions, rice, bread/roti the lot. I'll stick to my plant based diet, will give up milk, I can live on soy drinks no problem. Tell me how well your pure non-veg experience goes :nice:
Its best if you give up milk.Its not too good for your health. And to all the veggies mentioning that it is better for your health,its very true. Except, that the way we cook them is completely wrong and robs the veggies off all nutrients.So you are basically consuming empty calories.

Its best if you give up milk.Its not too good for your health. And to all the veggies mentioning that it is better for your health,its very true. Except, that the way we cook them is completely wrong and basically robs the veggies off all nutrients.So you are basically consuming empty calories.
Exactly it matters how you cook it. Gujju cooking is very bad :(( saala half the thali is full of tel :banghead:

Well yeah' date=' one would have to go prehistoric to go without veggie items in the 200 times delicious food.[/quote'] I don't know about 200 times, but confining yourself to a subset of easily available food would mean you would miss out certain tastes and delicacies

Its best if you give up milk.Its not too good for your health. And to all the veggies mentioning that it is better for your health,its very true. Except, that the way we cook them is completely wrong and basically robs the veggies off all nutrients.So you are basically consuming empty calories.
Tried it earlier, somewhat difficult after having it for 20+ years every morning. Might give it a shot again in the future. It gets more difficult if you want to eliminate milk products as well like yogurt & cheese.

Tried it earlier, slightly difficult after having it for 20+ years every morning. Might give it a shot again in the future. It gets more difficult if you want to eliminate milk products as well like yogurt & cheese.
Milk - eliminate Cheese- If you have to have,make sure its non pasteurized and preferably that of goat or sheep

Its best if you give up milk.Its not too good for your health.
Any peer-reviewed science backing this up?
And to all the veggies mentioning that it is better for your health,its very true. Except, that the way we cook them is completely wrong and robs the veggies off all nutrients.So you are basically consuming empty calories.
Specifically what cooking methods and what nutrients are we talking about here?