The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

Even for converted vegetarian like me, I feel disgusted sitting with someone for lunch in office eating non-veg, at both the smell and sight of it. For my birthday parties a few times, people have ordered and eaten non-veg on my money feels even more crap.
sounds like some kind of sickness. thankfully i am yet to have this kind to reaction to anything i have seen in my life.

That's like saying I ordered ice-cream for my team but felt like crap when someone ordered a flavor I didn't like. If you have a mental block against something' date=' it's your problem, no body else's and the other person shouldn't have to bent to his whims[/quote'] You got it wrong. Even though I feel disgusted, I don't tell them my feelings. Its just a decision that I got to make, should I allow them to order non-veg just this one time on my money or not. I've learned to tell now at the time of invitation that I prefer veg-only food order.

sounds like some kind of sickness. thankfully i am yet to have this kind to reaction to anything i have seen in my life.
I had one such colleague in grad school with me. I entertained him (out of good faith) the first time, the next time when he once again threw tantrums I requested him to find his own company.

I understand your point about prejudices. What is your opinion on the last part of my previous post? In particular, "it should also be difficult for a non-vegetarian to share their table with those who do not eat meat too." FYI - I have nothing against vegetarians and have spent considerable amount of my life with vegans as well. Just that, they weren't narcissists.
Agree, its difficult for people to share their table with a vegetarians.. They may be forced to order something which they dont like to accomodate just 1 person. Thankfully none of them complain when I join them. Remarkably I find Germans more accommodating to a vegetarian guy than French Also had a colleague who never used to go dutch with non-veg guys as he used to crib about the disparity in the costs of the veg & non-veg dishes:hysterical:

Agree, its difficult for people to share their table with a vegetarians.. They may be forced to order something which they dont like to accomodate just 1 person. Thankfully none of them complain when I join them. Remarkably I find Germans more accommodating to a vegetarian guy than French Also had a colleague who never used to go dutch with non-veg guys as he used to crib about the disparity in the costs of the veg & non-veg dishes:hysterical:
:cantstop: but thats a valid concern man, non-veg costs like 2 times the cost for filling your tummy with a nice veg meal (in India).

:cantstop: but thats a valid concern man, non-veg costs like 2 times the cost for filling your tummy with a nice veg meal (in India).
Well, non-veg food tastes 200 times better than veg food. So double cost is not a problem. Eating a veg meal is difficult, forget about filling the tummy.

Well' date=' non-veg food tastes 200 times better than veg food. So double cost is not a problem. Eating a veg meal is difficult, forget about filling the tummy.[/quote'] Not a problem for you of course. But if a group of say 5 people eats together regularly, 4 have non-veg all the time and 1 guy has veg and they divide the bill equally in 5 parts . In this case, the vegetarian guy might have a problem unless a better option for bill division is worked out .

Not a problem for you of course. But if a group of say 5 people eats together regularly' date=' 4 have non-veg all the time and 1 guy has veg and they divide the bill equally in 5 parts . In this case, the vegetarian guy might have a problem unless a better option for bill division is worked out .[/quote'] Yeah, then it will definitely be a problem for the veg guy :--D.

Not a problem for you of course. But if a group of say 5 people eats together regularly' date=' 4 have non-veg all the time and 1 guy has veg and they divide the bill equally in 5 parts . In this case, the vegetarian guy might have a problem unless a better option for bill division is worked out .[/quote'] Well, usually the veggie sits separately when he sees meat on plates next to him. :giggle: