92* (63) - A Tribute to the Wall

graphic23

Sachin's 99 (112) earlier in the innings was breathtaking. But once he was unfairly given out, Rahul played some exquisite strokes, the most memorable one being a six over square cover so effortlessly, and then a ferocious pull off a waist-high full toss and then a one handed 'cut' over slips off a 140kmh ball. Terrific batting, that day at Bristol. Elegance with unbelievably wristy shots and awesome power and tremendously clever batting, it was. I will treasure this innings forever. True it was a flat pitch with relatively short boundaries but this was an innings that felt so good in the circumstances it had come in. This innings came 2 innings after the infamous 12(96). When he won the M.of.Match, he said, "It feels nice after having played an innings like the one at the Oval." Unbelievable that he's in the rut right now, but what an innings it was. Also had the opportunity to watch Sachin/Ganguly opening the innings here though one completely overshadowed the other. It also reminded me of the poor state of our ODI team then: Salil's favorite Indian Cricketer, Ramesh Powar with pink/red goggles bowling, Dinesh Karthik(!). Anyways, the thread was just to recollect one of my favorite Dravid's ODI innings ever. Along with the 150+ vs. NZ in that 186* match at Hyderabad (where he reached his century faster than Sachin), and the 150+ vs. SL in the WC '99 and the 50+ in the same WC against England. Can't believe how much he's fallen apart. :((

the 22-ball 50 would have been a better tribute for dravid in odis
Perhaps, I remember that very vaguely though. Plus, I *just* finished watching this, hence the thread.
and in tests, his best ever innings was the 233 in adelaide
Too many of them to say the best but yes, a magnificent innings.
I recall an over in which Dravid belted Waqar Younis all over the park and scored like 20 odd runs. Anybody recall that game or have a video of that over?
That was in the inaugural Sahara Cup back in 1996. Azhar was the batsman at the other end.