What was Mr. Patel laughing about ??

he was trying to be mcgrath lol. but he forgot that mcgrath along with laughing' date=' used to shake his head also.[/quote'] And then would normally put the ball on the spot and get a wicket or beat the bat, not bowl a beamer. Please don't compare the great man with Munaf.
Just caught the highlights of the Indian bowling and there was rubbish fielding+bowling from us. Dhoni must be really angry. And what was Munaf thinking? I daresay Irfan would have done much better than this. Even in the depths of troubles, Irfan did not bowl two consecutive beamers at batsman.
Well I hope he had share of his anger over himself too when he dropped a regulation catch.:giggle:

He doesn't have any variation, doesn't have pace and doesn't have immaculate line and length. He's not a useful batsman and neither an average fielder. Any positives? As much as I hate SS's antics and often wayward bowling, at least he plays with passion, tries hard and very often gets wkts.

What exactly am I defending? The team and Dhoni obviously felt Munaf was up to the task as he was selected in the first three ODIs so I'm not sure what you're on about here. Yes he got flogged again but that was always on the cards because he doesn't have any kind of variation like I said before and so when he did try some variation like bowling yorkers they came out as beamers. Not sure what you want me to say here as most of us here have been saying for a while that our number 3/backup bowlers suck. Hopefully Ishant can come back soon to get more experience in these tracks/conditions as he's one of the only bowlers in our side that isn't useless once the new ball gets old.
I think the team is deliberately shielding Ishant from the Kiwis' date=' till the tests begin. None of them have played Ishant before and Indians dont want them to get used to playing him.[/quote'] Lets keep it that way. We should unleash Ishant in Tests - dont let them get a good look at Ishant before Tests start- maybe give ODI-5 for Ishant to get some practice and warmup. For ODI-4, just play Irfan Pathan - he wont do any worse than bloody Daadaji Patel. And, IKP will atleast bat better than MP.
Geez... some of you blokes are very harsh. I'm glad I'm not Munaf :pray:
Harsh.....that fellow looks totally irresponsible. He doesn't seem to care about the result. He reminds me of those 9-5 office going government employees. He thinks he is getting paid to just hurl balls across the pitch.:mad:

I don't reckon any player would like to fail unless of course he's fixing a game. I can't think of any logical reasons why Munaf wouldn't want to be successful? It's possible he may not have the goods or not capable enough. That shouldn't warrant calling him names. He can be rounded up for bad performance but the kind of words used against him in this thread is a touch too much.