What was Mr. Patel laughing about ??

Just caught the highlights of the Indian bowling and there was rubbish fielding+bowling from us. Dhoni must be really angry. And what was Munaf thinking? I daresay Irfan would have done much better than this. Even in the depths of troubles, Irfan did not bowl two consecutive beamers at batsman.
I don't know about consecutive but Irfan, in his poor form, did have 2 beamers and was stopped from bowling I forget the match but it was in India I think Patel was hoorible yesterday though and almost cost us the match
i think dhoni asked him to deliberately bowl the second beamer so that he could get out of the attack at 44.2. watch the way they exchanged knwoing smiles at the end of the game.
Yeh toh kuch zyada hi conspiracy theory ho gayi:giggle::giggle:
I don't reckon any player would like to fail unless of course he's fixing a game. I can't think of any logical reasons why Munaf wouldn't want to be successful? It's possible he may not have the goods or not capable enough. That shouldn't warrant calling him names. He can be rounded up for bad performance but the kind of words used against him in this thread is a touch too much.
Its not about his performance. It's just that its his body language, really puts me off. He looks a very reluctant player, like someone is making him play at gun point. Maybe its his mental makeup, he doesn't seem mentally strong. I hope i am totally wrong but when I seem him that's just what i feel.:((
Its not about his performance. It's just that its his body language' date=' really puts me off. He looks a very reluctant player, like someone is making him play at gun point. Maybe its his mental makeup, he doesn't seem mentally strong. I hope i am totally wrong but when I seem him that's just what i feel.:(([/quote'] Meh, you can say that about a lot of our bowlers. Munaf, Sreesanth etc have been found mentally lacking. It takes a tremendous amount of mental toughness to succeed as a fast bowler. Talent is almost never enough, some guys have that mental edge but most don't.
i will bite the bullet and bring in irfan(assuming ishant is still not fit)-at least he brings something to the table in his batting.
I'm pretty sure he will come back. Patel hasn't been anywhere near as accurate as he was in Sri Lanka and his pace was all over the place today. I don't mind Pathan coming back as long as he continues to bowl like he did in the last match he played where he kept it more simple and used the seam properly and kept his variations to a minimum until the death overs. He'll still give away one or two boundary balls an over though.
i think dhoni asked him to deliberately bowl the second beamer so that he could get out of the attack at 44.2. watch the way they exchanged knwoing smiles at the end of the game.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Dhoni - The Master Puppeteer :hatsoff:

I have to commend Harbhajan though. I think he's been great. It's not easy bowling later as he has done in pitches that aren't helpful to spin against well set batsmen but he's been very professional, accurate and has been economical and taken wickets regularly. It's easy to see that the batsmen are careful when handling him.

he's lost his pace ever since he's got that slant in his action' date=' McGrath style. Just run in and bowl quick man. You bowled so well against England in 06[/quote'] yes thats what i want ask him which has said to him copy macgrath when he was bowling well and started his career well against England he looked India's answer to brett lee when Englsih batsman were hoping againts his bouncers and yorkers at Mohali in 2006
i will bite the bullet and bring in irfan(assuming ishant is still not fit)-at least he brings something to the table in his batting.
i have saying this for long time now.irfan is a much better option than munaf in these conditions n needs to play.munaf should be no where near the test team too. i get a feeling Ishant will be fit.but still i want irfan to play.i do not want to aggravate ishant's injury before tests.we can manage without him in ODIs but not in tests
i think munaf is indian answer to shoaib akhtar for 2 reasons: 1) fast bowling (i think he was very fast bowler before coming to indian team and may be before chappel era). 2) his altitude as a sportsman now.
Hello honeyji :--D I just lurve that name