Test players who need rest (or protection from injury) for dead rubber ODI-5

fineleg

Dhoni needs some rest. he has been missing easy catches/stumpings. certainly needs some rest to recuperate and relax. Managing the team on the field in these smallish grounds with strange boundaries, shuffling bowlers who leak runs any way is a tough task.Dinesh Karthik can keep the wickets if Dhoni inists on playing as a batsman. SRT needs more rest. he shud not be allowed to play. we need him 100% fit for the tests. Harbhajan can be rested. Jadeja shud be given an opportunity. surely he wont do worse than Bhaji today. Balaji is on come back trail and Dhawal is yet to make a start in career, risking them on these pitches /grounds may not be a good idea in the 4-0 point of view.Munaf can be sent back to india and Sreesanth or RP Singh shud replace him.

I predict two replacements; Karthik in for Dhoni – I am pretty sure they picked Karthik with the intent of giving Dhoni some rest. He has been under tremendous strain and its beginning to show in his glovework. Irfan in for Zak – Zak’s our most vital cog in the bowling line-up. And he’s the ONLY one in the bowling line-up who has been playing continuously.

Why cant we draft in Dravid and Laxman and even Vijay -- those guys are loitering around in NZ anyways -- Do we have to select from the 15 we selected for ODIs Only ?? Atleast these guys will get a feel for the real Test Bowlers.

I predict two replacements; Karthik in for Dhoni – I am pretty sure they picked Karthik with the intent of giving Dhoni some rest. He has been under tremendous strain and its beginning to show in his glovework. Irfan in for Zak – Zak’s our most vital cog in the bowling line-up. And he’s the ONLY one in the bowling line-up who has been playing continuously.
Add Ojha in for bhajji too
Dhoni needs some rest. he has been missing easy catches/stumpings. certainly needs some rest to recuperate and relax. Managing the team on the field in these smallish grounds with strange boundaries, shuffling bowlers who leak runs any way is a tough task.Dinesh Karthik can keep the wickets if Dhoni inists on playing as a batsman. SRT needs more rest. he shud not be allowed to play. we need him 100% fit for the tests. Harbhajan can be rested. Jadeja shud be given an opportunity. surely he wont do worse than Bhaji today. Balaji is on come back trail and Dhawal is yet to make a start in career, risking them on these pitches /grounds may not be a good idea in the 4-0 point of view.Munaf can be sent back to india and Sreesanth or RP Singh shud replace him.
What are you achieving by going for 4 - 0? Nothing, who cares about ranking. Player fitness is more important

Why are we resting Zaheer and Viru ? Neither of them look jaded. I absolutely love the way Zaheer is playing at the moment. :--D He's pwning NZ and during the freehit, he came up to Ishant and kept telling him what he ought to try, etc. And no words to say about Sehwag. Sachin :(( will probably not play, and I wish we could rest MS but we don't have a competent keeper.

Why are we resting Zaheer and Viru ? Neither of them look jaded. I absolutely love the way Zaheer is playing at the moment. :--D He's pwning NZ and during the freehit, he came up to Ishant and kept telling him what he ought to try, etc. And no words to say about Sehwag. Sachin :(( will probably not play, and I wish we could rest MS but we don't have a competent keeper.
KKD.he is very near MSD in keepin if not better
i have n i judge all cricketers equally
Please educate me on how Karthik is the same or better than MS Dhoni. The one series we didn't have our main wicketkeeper in, we lost quite miserably, 2-1. And do you know how many catches were dropped and how many stumpings missed off Anil Kumble?
Please educate me on how Karthik is the same or better than MS Dhoni. The one series we didn't have our main wicketkeeper in' date=' we lost quite miserably, 2-1. And do you know how many catches were dropped and how many stumpings missed off Anil Kumble?[/quote'] so u think we lost because of Karthik ? i think our batsmen were to blame.they couldnt handle ajantha mendis. yes karthik dropped catches off kumble.but kumble can be a difficult bowler to keep if u r not regular.karthik was keeping to kumble after a long time.do u remember the fantastic catch he took off ishant right at the start of that series? as usual u r dwelling too much in one or two series
dont think Munaf will be anywhere near the pitch in the next match' date=' except perhaps with drinks in his hands.[/quote'] I hope they pick Daadaji Patel in the 11. This should be his final chance - give him the new ball if need be. Let him show he has the fire in the belly to fight back in the fifth ODI. If he cannot, then banish him forever, in fact drop him from the Test squad right away. We can replace him with someone else for the NZ tests.