The only unresolved question of our team

Ram

The only unresolved question of our team  

1. 1.

• Munaf Patel
    • Balaji
    • Dhawal Kulkarni
    • Will go in with 2 Spinners

Right now, its next to impossible to predict who's gonna be the third seamer. Munaf looks distinctly out-of-character with his erratic bowling. Balaji is still feeling his way back into international cricket and Kulkarni is a rookie. Who'd they go for?

I don't think we should just pick our bowling option merely on basis of the conditions, IMO we should go with the best four bowlers we have and so, Amit Mishra would have been my pick for the fourth bowling spot. Any wayz if i had to pick a third seamer, i would have to say Sree would be my choice !!!

Added a 4th option- 2 spinners- which, IMO is the most likely option. Not because Amit Mishra is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but because the selectors have saddled this side with three unselectable "3rd seamers". That's what you get when you try to select an understudy who'd supposedly keep things tight from one end and allow the other two seamers to attack, as opposed to a bowler like Sreesanth who'd never accept playing second fiddle in the side and would not consider taking a backward step even if he were leaking runs. Upshot- three completely unselectable commodities- here for the sightseeing.

the kiwis have seen the writing on the wall in terms of the pitches which they can realistically have a chance of winning.they will definitely go with greentops or very near to that.2 spinners on such tracks will be a travesty imo considering we have two very capable batsmen who can spin the ball in sehwag and yuvi.

1. The first test is in Hamilton where the ball does swing initially but the movement dies down after the new ball unless you're bowling at medium pace. 2. It did reverse swing that last time a match was played here and I think it was Chris Martin who did it. 3. New Zealand went with two spinners in the Hamilton Test the last time. There's almost zero chance that Kulkarni plays in the first test so it's a choice between Munaf/Balaji/Mishra as the 4th bowler. Since Munaf doesn't really swing the ball and relies more on seam and line/length then I think the choice is between Balaji/Mishra.

I feel Munaf will go alright as the 3rd seamer in the test matches. Hopefully somebody will put their hand up very soon and become a default 3rd seamer for India. I'm curious how Pk would do in test matches esp. in NZ, Aus, Eng and SaF. His first class record is excellent, in fact better than any of the Indian pacers ever I think. If I'm not wrong, he averages low 20s, bowling S/R of 50 and something close to 5 wkts per match. Of course he doesn't 'look like' test bowler but you never know. Zak, Ishant, Sree/PK, Mishra would be my pick,, but its not going to happen.

I feel Munaf will go alright as the 3rd seamer in the test matches. Hopefully somebody will put their hand up very soon and become a default 3rd seamer for India. I'm curious how Pk would do in test matches esp. in NZ, Aus, Eng and SaF. His first class record is excellent, in fact better than any of the Indian pacers ever I think. If I'm not wrong, he averages low 20s, bowling S/R of 50 and something close to 5 wkts per match. Of course he doesn't 'look like' test bowler but you never know. Zak, Ishant, Sree/PK, Mishra would be my pick,, but its not going to happen.
RP is the default 3rd seamer for India, with Sreesanth being next in queue. But RP is not physically fit and Sreesanth is not mentally fit I guess.