Who should captain India for Test-3? (if MSD does not recover before then?)

fineleg

Who should captain India for Test-3? (if MSD does not recover before then?)  

1. 1.

• VVS Laxman
    • Sehwag
    • Gambhir
    • Yuvraj
    • Zaheer Khan
    • Dravid (I dont think he'll agree to captain)
    • Harbhajan Singh

He/she/it is asking who should captain' date= not who will captain.
You dont ask a question simply for the sake of it. I can also start a poll asking 'How big is Afridi's brain? with the following options; a)As big as a mosquito's b)Smaller than a mosquito's but bigger than an Amoeba's c)Its the sum total of a mosquito's brain and an Amoeba's brain d)Indeterminate - They're still searching for the brain itself. :giggle:
You dont ask a question simply for the sake of it. I can also start a poll asking 'How big is Afridi's brain? with the following options; a)As big as a mosquito's b)Smaller than a mosquito's but bigger than an Amoeba's c)Its the sum total of a mosquito's brain and an Amoeba's brain d)Indeterminate - They're still searching for the brain itself. :giggle:
Your options are insulting towards mosquitos and Amoeba
There's no "should" in your question. There should be a should/could/would which emphasizes possibilities and motivates "thinking" and discussing. :winky:
Stupid poll' date=' Sehwag will be captain. I am willing to bet my entire on it.[/quote'] This poll is not abt what is generally expected to happen, but what we all think is the right thing (ofcourse, in our opinion) that should happen . Even before Test-1 it was quite obvious Munaf will be the 3rd seamer, since Dhawal is too raw, and LB was just coming back from injury, so it was quite expected that Munaf will be defacto 3rd bowler. Still many discussions in icf were around this. There are lots of other examples where people knew what BCCI or selectors or the captain will do, but the discussion we still had was what "should" they do, not what they will eventually do. This poll is as relevant as those other discussions that have taken place here before, and will take place in the future as well.

Sehwag hasn't lost a test match as a captain, why should he be sacked? India fought back so well in the just concluded test match and shouldn't the credit be given to Sehwag for the fightback the sqaud has shown? If it were Dhoni leading we will have had god knows how many threads about the fight back inspired by the captain. Sehwag's captainy record in test matches : - 2005 - against Sri Lanka India won by 259 runs. - 2009 - against NZ India drew the test match following on with 6 wickets to spare. I don't believe he should captain but I was just showing how stats can be misleading. We know he didn't really lead well the just concluded test match but as I have been saying when you have players of calibre of Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman and the likes you won't lose many tests. You can make Ishant Sharma a captain and this team will still not lose against NZ.