Gambhir finally comes of age in the NZ tour

veer

No footwork No temparament Can't play well outside subcontinent FTB Too arrogant Only ODI player USELESS
nobody said these 2 things about gambhir. the 2 tournaments he did well were the 20/20 wc in south africa & the cb series in australia. the last time i checked, aus & sa were not a part of the subcontinent and gambhir has always been a better fc & test player than a odi player
nobody said these 2 things about gambhir. the 2 tournaments he did well were the 20/20 wc in south africa & the cb series in australia. the last time i checked, aus & sa were not a part of the subcontinent and gambhir has always been a better fc & test player than a odi player
Maybe I know more people than you do and they said these things about Gambhir

Gambhir "Second Wall" of Indian cricket: Sehwag Gautam Gambhir’s marathon match-saving 137 in the second Test against New Zealand on Monday earned him rich accolades from stand-in skipper Virender Sehwag who likened the pugnacious left-hander to Rahul Dravid and dubbed him the “second wall†of Indian cricket. More...

Gambhir is naturally aggressive batsman more so against spinner. You can sense he was not comfortable playing them defensively, Every now and then wanted to charge them and hit them. With this in mind, this was his best innings, Its easy to play natural game, very difficult to go against your nature and still survive for long long time. Well Done.

do those people even know that australia & south africa r not a part of the subcontinent???
amits, I am probably as big a Delhi, Viru-Gauti supporter as you are if not bigger, but what is true is true. There were fingers pointed towards Gambhir saying that he has played his major part of the "Gambhir 2008" in the subcontinent and that he is yet to prove his mettle abroad. Although, there was no doubt, atleast in my mind, that he will do well abroad too, but still it was a question raised by the critics nevertheless. :hail::hail: :hail: Gambhir for this defiant innings.

How quickly things can change... Less than 15 months ago, not many people backed Gambhir to be an international class performer. Now, he's probably the world's most valuable batsman. Opposition teams from here on will be really really weary of this man. Also, Gambhir's performance also highlights this team's biggest single strenght - Its non-reliance on a single player. There is not one player in this that you could call a 'dead-weight' and thats very rare for a team of 11.