In a way, this is good that tournament moved to South Africa

fineleg

Apart from all the security related issues, time to find out if Robin Uthappa, Virat Kholi, Ravi Jadeja, Asnodkar, Yusuf-sixer-Pathan and many others can bat well in SA conditions - they all score a lot in IPL in India. Lets see how well they adapt to SA conditions going forward. A. Nayar did really well today. As Dravid said, in South Africa, you need to have some good shots to score runs. So bring it on yengsters of India. Time to show you can bat outside the subcontinent. Our WC T20 squad selection for England will depend on some performances here.

...but its all about $$$$$$$$$$$
it is. make no mistake. Would we (or some of us) have welcomed a 4-Test tour to SA in this 39 days of cricket instead, a 100% yes. but if IPL is anyway going to take place, then - rather than take place in India (which is what would have been default), good that it had to move out of the subcontinent. The pitches and conditions will probably be more even to batsmen and bowlers as opposed to the patta batsmen friendly pitches of India. If IPL has to take place, SA, Eng and Aus are good places to get good contest between bat and the ball. With added benefit, we can identify the batsmen who can play in varying conditions.

Apart from all the security related issues, time to find out if Robin Uthappa, Virat Kholi, Ravi Jadeja, Asnodkar, Yusuf-sixer-Pathan and many others can bat well in SA conditions - they all score a lot in IPL in India. Lets see how well they adapt to SA conditions going forward. A. Nayar did really well today. As Dravid said, in South Africa, you need to have some good shots to score runs. So bring it on yengsters of India. Time to show you can bat outside the subcontinent.
Did you notice how many times Grame Smith got beaten by Praveen Kumar in the same match ..3 times beaten and last ball gave catch in the slip... G.Smith was playing on his home ground and still was clueless like a baby... Y.Pathan came at 4 down with a run-rate of 10 on seaming/swining/turning pitch... none of players excluding Dravid felt confortable s...so why pick on Y.Pathan..Jadeja, Asnodker, Uthappa ..as a matter of fact, everyone was playing like a Tulleybaaaj..... fact is Y.Pathan is a genuine matchwinner and deserves a position in ODIs and T20...

Guest Hiten.
it is. make no mistake. Would we (or some of us) have welcomed a Test tour to SA in this 39 days of cricket instead, a 100% yes. but if IPL is anyway going to take place, then - rather than take place in India (which is what would have been default), good that it had to move out of the subcontinent. The pitches and conditions will probably be more even to batsmen and bowlers as opposed to the patta batsmen friendly pitches of India.
I am not making any mistake. It is you who is trying to change the allegiance by coming up with BS excuses to follow IPL 2.

Did you notice how many times Grame Smith got beaten by Praveen Kumar in the same match ..3 times beaten and last ball gave catch in the slip... G.Smith was playing on his home ground and still was clueless like a baby... Y.Pathan came at 4 down with a run-rate of 10 on seaming/swining/turning pitch... none of players excluding Dravid felt confortable s...so why pick on Y.Pathan..Jadeja, Asnodker, Uthappa ..as a matter of fact, everyone was playing like a Tulleybaaaj..... fact is Y.Pathan is a genuine matchwinner and deserves a position in ODIs and T20...
Yo Yusuf-Pathan supporter rahulrulezz, I'm not picking on anyone specific. I too want Yusuf and other Indian yengsters to succeed and be a part of the Indian national team squad in future. These are players I saw batting today, so there are many others too. Wont judge them based on 1 game. Let the whole IPL tournament get over, and we will know better. Lets not bring Graeme Smith here - he is a proven match winner in varying conditions for SA.

^ msb its not abt whether kamran is bothered - i read somewhere he does not understand english much. so he may not even care. its abt the moron hairdresser Robin Crappapa - first he should focus on his own batting.
What do you mean focus on his batting? Does a few words said while keeping detract from his batting? No.

What do you mean focus on his batting? Does a few words said while keeping detract from his batting? No.
I meant his focus should be on churning out good batting performances. In the meanwhile, he can cut this crap of sledging at some junior folks. If he dares, he can try to sledge someone like ZK or Dale Steyn who will teach him a lesson or two on how to shut up.

^ msb its not abt whether kamran is bothered - i read somewhere he does not understand english much. so he may not even care. its abt the moron hairdresser Robin Crappapa - first he should focus on his own batting.
I meant his focus should be on churning out good batting performances. In the meanwhile, he can cut this crap of sledging at some junior folks. If he dares, he can try to sledge someone like ZK or Dale Steyn who will teach him a lesson or two on how to shut up.
lol wrong thread