Disappointing stuff..

Show_stopper

How disappointing have the seamers from India been in the IPL so far...its shame we haven't seen any bowler cross the 140 kph mark with the exception of Kamran! Whats even more painful is that this difference is amde obvious when we have some foreign bowler from the other end. If we are going to see guys like Harmeet Singh got selected? Guys like Salvi,Raje are pure rubbish.This is going to be a very painful IPL indeed..i can't belieeve some of these franchises are playing guys like these.

Ishant Sharma has been extremely disappointing since the NZ tour. I expected him to do better. Don't want to see him go Irfan Pathan way. Sreesanth should be pretty good in South Africa if he gets a chance that is.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they were atleast in the mid 130s..this is just unacceptable i'm afraid.They are trundling in at 123-125 kph. And its not like they get the other aspects correctly even..
140k with a bit of swing and an ability to hit the seam can be deadly. Harmeet Singh from Hyderabad was a shame, he was bowling at 110-120 k from a 15-18 yards run up :haha: Even Ganguly produced that pace from about 8 yards.

I am of the view the bowling speeds are dictated by the match situation, weather conditions etc Considering the amount of cricket played and the stress the non stop travel places on the players, maybe trundling at 120 odd kps will do for now. Anyway line + length = ok so far We know they're capable of higher speeds but just don't want to push their body's to the limit in this tournament, which I can understand

its not the way to go. if a bowler can bowl quick, should always try to bowl quickn, otherwise become a spinner if you dont want to stress your body, fast bowling is not an easy job at all, so either bowl fast or bowl spin. No one want to see trundlers here.

Irfan took Ishant to cleaners in the last night game and that wasn't a good sight. Ishant bowled way better in the last game compared to his previous outings but it hurts to watch Irfan smack him all over the park. Not that Irfan Pathan is a bad batsman but he's certainly not a batsman of top order quality.