It's sad to see KKR languishing at the bottom...

bunny

Leave out KKR and all the other teams are separated by a single point (of course some have played more than others)... If only McCullum or Gayle had come to the party KKR might also have been with a chance. Anyway hoping that Dada and Ishant will find some form, and KKR will put up a better show.

KKR is a joke. I was hoping at least for McCullum's sake let them win a game or two. McCullum looks like he's seen a ghost after each loss. The losses must be taking a toll on him. Ishant Sharma's been similar. He's not used to being a part of the team that loses almost every game. It seems to have taken a toll on him too. He's been losing his cool and blames the fielders for every bad delivery he bowls. I hope he comes back strong. He's put up a decent bowling performances in the last few games but when it matters he isn't able to contain the players or take a lot of crucial wickets. He's been economical all right.

Why is it sad? I am happy that they are last. They are the worst and the least professional of all the teams. First hiring 50 plus players when hardly half of them make it to the squad. Then having numerous support staff including the coachs son and the coach's ex-wife's maternal uncle's aun't cousin or something. Giving complete control to someone who is known to hate your best player. Not very smart moves. Only DC and BRC are as bad but atleast they have players like Gilly, Gibbs, Dravid etc.

Why is it sad? I am happy that they are last. They are the worst and the least professional of all the teams. First hiring 50 plus players when hardly half of them make it to the squad. Then having numerous support staff including the coachs son and the coach's ex-wife's maternal uncle's aun't cousin or something. Giving complete control to someone who is known to hate your best player. Not very smart moves. Only DC and BRC are as bad but atleast they have players like Gilly, Gibbs, Dravid etc.
Why is DC bad again ? How are they unprofessional? The team that came last in the previous season is one of the top contenders this season.

Why is DC bad again ? How are they unprofessional? The team that came last in the previous season is one of the top contenders this season.
Have you forgotten last year? All the infighting between teammates ? This year have been better because Gilly is the only captain and laxman and afridi are gone.

Have you forgotten last year? All the infighting between teammates ? This year have been better because Gilly is the only captain and laxman and afridi are gone.
Hmm. Laxman didn't play several games because he was injured. Gilchrist captained during that time. The only one who created a controversy was the terrorist from across the border. I don't see how that is unprofessional. Call the cricketer unprofessional. The management was hardly seen in public light. They kept everything pretty well covered. Even the sacking of Laxman as captain wasn't made a big deal (though that credit also has to go to Laxman, who's probably one of the most soft spoken, controversy avoiding guys ever). I disagree with your reasoning.

Comparatively speaking ofcourse. Last year DC looked dead. The players didnt gel or just looked like they wanted to get out of there. Afridi was still a part of DC when he started it and then laxman continued in the media. Compared to the other teams sans BRC last year, they were the worst team. They are not as bad (i made a mistake)as KKR this year or as BRC last year, but compared to the other 5 teams, DC's 1st year wasnt good. This is probably not true but, "A huge controversy has risen amidst the Deccan Chargers camp, as their ace player VVS Laxman has reportedly decided not to play for the team again. Laxman, a senior Indian batsman, is upset by the way the owners have overlooked his contributions and sacrifices and named Adam Gilchrist as the captain for the next season, without even informing him before-hand. People realized something was wrong when another star player Shahid Afridi accused VVS Laxman of his below-par performance and inability to lead on the field in the inaugural season. A temporary truce was resorted to, but the flames have reappeared soon. Later they have terminated the contract of Shahid Afridi and after team management have snapped their ties with him. "

Yea good on ya Zap to own up. But, we are talking abt the present and except KKR and to some extent BRC, the other teams are pretty professional. And KKR deserve this. Their best player is FAKE.