Atul Sharma exclusive interview and pics in June issue of Spin magazine

Guest gaurav_indian
Action speak louder than words.I think we had enough of words.
:nervous::nervous:yes its time for action.

I'm pretty skeptical. The guy has an injury history and already has hurt his shoulder before bowling a single delivery, not to mention the kind of strain that will be put on his body once he does start bowling 7-8 over spells. Also, no clue about his accuracy. Bowling fast is great but means nothing when you can't direct the ball to where it needs to be. Good luck to him tho, because he seems like a determined guy.

I'm pretty skeptical. The guy has an injury history and already has hurt his shoulder before bowling a single delivery, not to mention the kind of strain that will be put on his body once he does start bowling 7-8 over spells. Also, no clue about his accuracy. Bowling fast is great but means nothing when you can't direct the ball to where it needs to be. Good luck to him tho, because he seems like a determined guy.
hey long time no see?
Guest gaurav_indian
yeah dude. My beautiful wife and I had our first baby girl a few weeks ago so I haven't had any time!! :winky:
congrats :two_thumbs_up:

I've never even heard of this guy, whats the big deal, he bowls fast ... great, so do a lot of other bowlers. And as someone pointed out pace is good and all but if you are not accurate you might as well go do something else. Glenn Mcgrath bowled in the mid 130's and he is considered one of the best pace bowlers ..... ever.

I've never even heard of this guy, whats the big deal, he bowls fast ... great, so do a lot of other bowlers. And as someone pointed out pace is good and all but if you are not accurate you might as well go do something else. Glenn Mcgrath bowled in the mid 130's and he is considered one of the best pace bowlers ..... ever.
So how many bowlers in the histpry of cricket have bolwed faster than 160ks? Which Indian cricketer has consistently bowled in the 150s?
So how many bowlers in the histpry of cricket have bolwed faster than 160ks? Which Indian cricketer has consistently bowled in the 150s?
Dude you will see plenty of posters who think they got a better idea, why waste your time responding.

bowled in the 160's, there are 3 that spring to mind, Brett Lee, Shoaib Akhtar, Shaun Tait, and you are correct none of them are Indian, having said that, the speed gun is a relatively new invention if you consider the lifespan of cricket, there has been plenty of arguments for eariler period bowlers bowling at 160k's , but of course with no proof, Thommo, Mohammad Nissar, Javagal Srinath(who in 1 match when they were using the "novelty" speed gun bowled a ball at 156k's), Frank Tyson, Wesley Hall. But i will re-iterate what i said previously, Lee, Akhtar, Tait are all "good" bowlers but i wouldnt consider them in the same league as a Glenn Mcgrath who is considered to be a "great" fast bowler. Having purely pace is good, dont get me wrong, but it's not just pace that makes a fast bowler great.