Just imagine...

bunny

If the bowling lineup of India for the upcoming world cup was Irfan, Gony, Sreesanth, Chawla, VRV, Balaji (all of these guys have played for India and were labelled as an exciting/established player at one point or another). Now replace them with RP, Ishant, PK, Zak, Ojha...it's a big big relief.

It's easy to put players down when they are alredy bowling bad.. not too long again people were talking similar things about RP too.. some of the bowlers you mentioned above in the first list are pretty good.. it's just that this is 2020, and even no. of bowler in the world rite now, Dale Steyn has been whacked all over the park in this tournament..

If the bowling lineup of India for the upcoming world cup was Irfan, Gony, Sreesanth, Chawla, VRV, Balaji (all of these guys have played for India and were labelled as an exciting/established player at one point or another). Now replace them with RP, Ishant, PK, Zak, Ojha...it's a big big relief.
Irfan was MOM in T20 WC final. And he has improved since then. Sreesanth gave us big breakthroughs last time, he is just out of practise big time. He will be our test superstar one day. ZK and IS haven't done much better anyways.

It's easy to put players down when they are alredy bowling bad.. not too long again people were talking similar things about RP too.. some of the bowlers you mentioned above in the first list are pretty good.. it's just that this is 2020, and even no. of bowler in the world rite now, Dale Steyn has been whacked all over the park in this tournament..
But it doesnt look like when you look at his ER... Anyway, personally i've had enough of VRV, Gony, Balaji and Sreesanth in 20/20 and ODIs. Hopefully they are never considered in the future (unless their bowling changes drastically).

But it doesnt look like when you look at his ER... Anyway, personally i've had enough of VRV, Gony, Balaji and Sreesanth in 20/20 and ODIs. Hopefully they are never considered in the future (unless their bowling changes drastically).
Sreesanth cannot be ignored. He is playing after a year ..give him time. At his peak he bowled faster than all Indian bowlers, i.e 145 Ks.

Gony, VRV never made it to Indian team; dont just look at todays game Balaji and Irfan have had good games, infact Zaheer whatever little he played did get hit a lot

Sreesanth cannot be ignored. He is playing after a year ..give him time. At his peak he bowled faster than all Indian bowlers' date=' i.e 145 Ks.[/quote'] I am not talking of tests year...Sreesanth has never ever been a good ODi/20-20 bowler.

Gony' date=' VRV never made it to Indian team; dont just look at todays game Balaji and Irfan have had good games, infact Zaheer whatever little he played did get hit a lot[/quote'] IP has had some good games, but checkout the difference in ER of somebody like a Balaji with Zaheer.

T20 is no arena to judge a bowler.
I disagree; as a bowler you should have the ability to bowl 24 balls on which if a batsman wants to score big he has to take risk . IPL is more of a domestic tournament so one cant expect high quality bowling but even than i would say 30-40% of deliveries on which 4s or 6s were hit were just poor balls.

IP has had some good games' date=' but checkout the difference in ER of somebody like a Balaji with Zaheer.[/quote'] i am not big on stats so if you say zaheer has a better ER than balaji then i am sure he does, i just go by games i saw and i remember zaheer going wickets a few times.

IKP, Sreesanth and Balaji are not bad.. it is simply that they are not consistent in as many games as Zak etc. ... but on their day IKP, Sree and Balaji have won matches for India .. so it is wrong to judge them based on a single game Anyways IKP and Balaji have not bowled very badly in this tournament .. they have been quite economical and have taken important wickets for their sides in the previous matches

Guest Hiten.

I wouldn't be breathing a sigh of relief just yet. Ishant and Zak are really poor T20 bowlers, esp. Ishant. He has his own problems of overstepping time and again in this format. I don't think IS and ZK should be in the same line up if we are to strengthen our bowling attack.

I wouldn't be breathing a sigh of relief just yet. Ishant and Zak are really poor T20 bowlers' date=' esp. Ishant. He has his own problems of overstepping time and again in this format. I don't think IS and ZK should be in the same line up if we are to strengthen our bowling attack.[/quote'] i agree with u abt zaheer. but ishant is young guy nd he can b our main weapon in T20 too. he just need to sort few things out.