Awol!

Ram

Situation: Chennai Super Kings Team meeting. Coach Stephen Fleming calls out the names to see if everyone’s there. ‘Haydos?’ ‘Yep’ ‘Vijay’ ‘Yes Saar’ ‘Raina?’ ‘Yes’ ‘Badri?’ ‘Present Saar’ ‘MSD?’ ‘Yes’ ‘Albie the bowler?’ ‘Yea…’ ‘Albie the batsman? ‘ *silence…* ‘Albie the batsman?’ *silence again… and then somebody from the back shouts out..* ‘He’s not here yet..’ What happened to Albie Morkel the powerful hitter in this tournament? He's been an almost non-presence with the bat, which is strange because he is one of the premier hitters in the world and this format of the game is almost tailored for such guys...

At some point, he has to come off. He’s too good a batsman to keep missing out repeatedly. Hopefully, it in the next couple of matches, when Chennai need some good performances to enter the semis.

Since many matches ago' date=' I've been rooting for Ntini to replace Jacob Oram, but they keep picking Oram just for his fielding![/quote'] Ntini is not a T20 bowler. They should play Bailey maybe...His T20 record looks impressive. Dhoni might be a good on field captain but his selections can be a bit too biased.

it was stupidity sending Badri ahead of him.few overs to settle n albie would have launched
na.. albie is p.iss poor in this IPL.... u cant blame 3 of them (badri, albie, oram) for not having enough time to settle.. they came in around13th over... they could have made some runs.. but 3 of them choked big time....

Ntini is not a T20 bowler. They should play Bailey maybe...His T20 record looks impressive. Dhoni might be a good on field captain but his selections can be a bit too biased.
i agree with tht.. dhoni the other day said 4 of the intl players r fixed n they not gonna change it.. i dont undst this logic.. oram was a big waste and wonder y is he being persisted.. y not try bailey??

i agree with tht.. dhoni the other day said 4 of the intl players r fixed n they not gonna change it.. i dont undst this logic.. oram was a big waste and wonder y is he being persisted.. y not try bailey??
can he bowl?

I think Bailey played in one of the matches but not sure if he got to bat or not. Maybe next game...

albie should make way for someone like ntini.....but who cares albie is doing a fantastic job with the new ball in his hand...so doesnt matter much to dhoni...and of course albie can hit some out of the park as well he dont require any "form" to hit sixes but in fact he hits sixes to get back into form ....so dont worry sree it ll not be too late b4 we see albie smoking the bowlers apart with his lusy blows...:winky: