Our Chaalu Kaptaan can win us the WC again...

Dinx - the Jinx

And today we have people calling Sachin a coward. WTF is wrong with our fans?
A sad state of affairs. I can understand fans expressing their disappointment when a player performs under - par, but calling them cowards etc is pushing the boundaries of fair and constructive criticism. Without naming names, the very people who spam a thread with smileys after say Sachin, Sehwag et al make a quickfire 40 or 50 are the ones who mercilessly criticize them when they're down, out of form and need the help of the Indian cricketing public the most. Once on air, Sunil Gavaskar asked the viewer a rhetorical questions: "What more does Sachin have to do?" My point is, Sachin has provided us (indian public) with great memories and its not worthwhile getting worked up at responses aimed at attention seeking by those who want their 15 seconds of fame. It gets tiresome but to each his own, I guess

all i saw was that he got a lazy ass runner out as he is supposed to. then again' date=' it could be just me.[/quote'] Not just you. We all saw that too. We also saw how he dropped Badri to #6, which was the most influencing factor as to why Chennai only scored 129 as opposed to 180.

That was a terrific take from Dhoni and a brilliant run out. PS - I remember a legendary post from the Doc Dhondy a few years ago on a Pak forum about SRT sh!tting bricks v Akhtar and his pants getting soiled. That caused much consternation then. Sorry for bringing this up Dhondy. :winky: :D

That was a terrific take from Dhoni and a brilliant run out. PS - I remember a legendary post from the Doc Dhondy a few years ago on a Pak forum about SRT sh!tting bricks v Akhtar and his pants getting soiled. That caused much consternation then. Sorry for bringing this up Dhondy. :winky: :D
Dhondy said it?:faint:

it was lazy piece of running by VD Merwe.Dhoni did wat he always does.he never gets in position too early.thats his style. btw,wat about the 4 byes he conceded at crucial stage.no talk of that?:winky:

Not just you. We all saw that too. We also saw how he dropped Badri to #6' date=' which was the most influencing factor as to why Chennai only scored 129 as opposed to 180.[/quote'] thank goodness for the ignore feature. adios!

I never realized this at the first instance, watching the the highlights, it showed how MSD had RVM in a false sense of security that the throw was at the far end, only then to whip the bails quickly, it was smart thinking from MSD and lazy running from RVM.

He did it once' date=' he can do it again. When he lost a few matches, I remember quite a few bashing him questioning whether he should even be in the team. And today we have people calling Sachin a coward. WTF is wrong with our fans?[/quote']
Who called Sachin a coward I say... just point your fingers.. I'll bash him...
The IPL is getting to them.
But WHO?
I remember quite a few questioned Dhoni's place in the T2o team given his form both as a player as well as a captain. And ViruRulez is right now busy trolling the match thread arguing to prove that Sachin is a coward.
But ViruRulez surprises me. He was a big Sachin fan not too long ago.
Bhailog I entered this thread for the first time today and I apologize if anybody was hurt :(( I did not call him a coward as a player ... I take back the coward word but I will continue on the stand that he is not good as a captain .. watch Dhoni as a captain and Sachin as a captain .. Sachin is a lot better player than Dhoni but Dhoni is a lot better captain than Sachin .. even Veeru and Yuvi are not good captains.. it is not necessary that a good player has to be a good captain otherwise every player in a team would have got chances to be captains .. captaincy is not only about being a good player but it is also about being smart, making good field positions, making wise decision while sending players to bat etc.

Bhailog I entered this thread for the first time today and I apologize if anybody was hurt :(( I did not call him a coward as a player ... I take back the coward word but I will continue on the stand that he is not good as a captain .. watch Dhoni as a captain and Sachin as a captain .. Sachin is a lot better player than Dhoni but Dhoni is a lot better captain than Sachin .. even Veeru and Yuvi are not good captains.. it is not necessary that a good player has to be a good captain otherwise every player in a team would have got chances to be captains .. captaincy is not only about being a good player but it is also about being smart, making good field positions, making wise decision while sending players to bat etc.
Apologies Accepted. Topic Settled, Lets move on.