Flat pitches - A bane for India ?

so far the pitches in the world cup have been very hard and very flat.the weather so far we have had great weather too.however this might not be good news for some of the Indian bowlers like PK and Irfan -both were cannon fodder today.they lack variations like Zak.I have yet to figure out why Indian bowlers are unable to bowl yorkers.can somebody enlighten me please?. I think pitches with some bounce and which help swing will be better for India IMO.we have the best bowlers to exploit them and our batsmen can play reasonably well in those conditions,flat pitches on the other hand will help lesser teams and it evens out the competition.A little cloud cover during Indian matches will be ideal.

I think pitches with some bounce and which help swing will be better for India IMO.we have the best bowlers to exploit them and our batsmen can play reasonably well in those conditions,flat pitches on the other hand will help lesser teams and it evens out the competition.A little cloud cover during Indian matches will be ideal.
on the other hand i think if we get pitches which turn out to be a batting shootout, given the kind of batsman we have, 9 out of 10 times we should beat any opponent
I dont buy this theory. Some of our batsmen are at their most murderous when the ball isnt doing much. So' date=' it works both ways.[/quote'] I would agree when Veeru is in full cry. :--D I would gladly welcome flat pitches when Veeru is in form. When Veeru is not in touch he flunks even on the flattest wicket on the earth. But if he is in form , if the track is flat.. god save the oppositiion.
i bring it up because it the bowlers who have lost a lot of recent t20 matches for us.
If that is the case, do you think NZ seamers are better equipped on flat tracks? I doubt it. If you drop 2-3 catches, it'll cost it invariably no matter how good your bowlers are! What happened to Yusuf? Why did he not hit the balls as he usually does, especially on flat tracks? What happened to Gambhir and Dhoni? Both were in poor form in IPL as in yesterday's match? Why didn't Yuvraj bat? answer: It was just a warm up and Dhoni, having full faith in Yuvraj, was testing his other batsmen. Two of our most aggressive batsmen, Yuvraj and Sehwag, didn't play in the match. Fielding was poor and needs to be improved and that too very quickly. RP Singh and Irfan are mediocre bowlers on flat tracks and they proved that yesterday. And this says that we need Zaheer. But I doubt if he'll be in good rhythm for this tournament!
[B][B][b][SIZE="3"][SIZE="5"]India Match Schedule[/SIZE][/SIZE][/b][/B][/B]
[B][COLOR="DimGray"]
Warm ups
June 1           India vs New Zealand           Lords'   

June 3           india vs Pakistan              Oval [/color]

[B][B]1st round[/B]
[/B]June 6          India vs Bngladesh               Nottingham         10:30 pm IST

June 10        India vs Ireland                  Nottingham         10 pm IST

[B]2nd round
[/B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]
June 12        India vs Australia                Lords'             10 pm IST

June 14       India vs England                   Lords'             10 pm IST

June 16       India vs South Africa              Nottingham         10 pm IST[/COLOR][/B]

If india win atleast 2 of the previous 3 matches[B][COLOR="Sienna"]

June 19     India vs New Zealand / Sri Lanka / Pakistan        Oval           10 pm IST[/COLOR][/B]

If india win the semifinal
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]
June 21    FINALS                                             Lords           7:30 pm IST[/COLOR][/B]

If zaheer (and sehwag) can regain full fitness by the 12th, it shall work.

ishant showed a lot of character in the warm up game i didn't expect this from him dhoni utilized him well moreover, rpsingh, who leads our attack, looked lack lustre on that flat 22 yards the shorter boundary on one side will arise more headaches for the skippers if the ecb continue to provide such dull tracks

ishant showed a lot of character in the warm up game i didn't expect this from him dhoni utilized him well moreover, rpsingh, who leads our attack, looked lack lustre on that flat 22 yards the shorter boundary on one side will arise more headaches for the skippers if the ecb continue to provide such dull tracks
Dhoni said that they were intentionally trying out bowling short of length in the death overs because they have seen some people do it , but it did not work out for them. I guess a lot more pace will be needed for that.
[SIZE="5"]
[B]Failed bowling experiment cost India the match: Dhon[/B]i [/SIZE]

Dhoni, who carried out a few different experiments in the last night's match at the Lord's, said he kept Ishant Sharma for middle overs, a move which paid dividends, but the idea of the pacer bowling a new length at death did not really click. 

"Instead of yorkers, we wanted to bowl back of the length deliveries in the final three overs. Unfortunately it didn't work," Dhoni told reporters after losing the match by nine runs. 

"We have seen other teams do it regularly so we wanted to use this opportunity of warm-up game to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn't work today. If we have to go to the basics of bowling yorkers, we would do so," he said. 

India conceded nearly 40 runs in the final three overs and compounded the problem by scoring just 24 runs off the final four over of their chase

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/News/News/Failed_bowling_experiment_cost_India_the_match_Dhoni_/articleshow/4607144.cms.

If that is the case, do you think NZ seamers are better equipped on flat tracks? I doubt it. If you drop 2-3 catches, it'll cost it invariably no matter how good your bowlers are! What happened to Yusuf? Why did he not hit the balls as he usually does, especially on flat tracks? What happened to Gambhir and Dhoni? Both were in poor form in IPL as in yesterday's match? Why didn't Yuvraj bat? answer: It was just a warm up and Dhoni, having full faith in Yuvraj, was testing his other batsmen. Two of our most aggressive batsmen, Yuvraj and Sehwag, didn't play in the match. Fielding was poor and needs to be improved and that too very quickly. RP Singh and Irfan are mediocre bowlers on flat tracks and they proved that yesterday. And this says that we need Zaheer. But I doubt if he'll be in good rhythm for this tournament!
i dont know if NZ bowlers are better equipped than Indian bowlers but they certainly had a plan on how to bowl at the death.a majority of the balls in the final overs were yorkers and and full -they also bowled a lot of full tosses which we couldnt capitalize.I didnt remember us bowling a single yorker.Venky should look to reverse this inadequacy.

Did you guys notice something about Dhoni? Wheneve our batsmen fail to accelerate or score quickly he complements the opposition bowlers with words like "They bowled very well at the death". But when the opposition batsmen manages to accelerate he blames his bowlers. He doesn't complement the opposition batsmen! Can't bowlers say their batsmen played very well in death overs? :winky:

i think return to form for IS is a gr8 sign.we learnt from this game that our fielding has to be improved,that Bhajji is a better option than Ojha(although Ojha bowled well in his right)n that we need Yuvraj back n that yorkers are best option at the death:--D