Positives for Pakistan from the India - Pak warm up game [June 3rd]

For you it may be a warm up game but not for people living in Pakistan. The only joy they have right now is perhaps in cricket and even a win in a warm up game means a lot to them.
:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Thats why its a lot of fun to see them get thrashed. Their reactions are priceless
For you it may be a warm up game but not for people living in Pakistan. The only joy they have right now is perhaps in cricket and even a win in a warm up game means a lot to them. I wouldn't care the least though' date=' Pakistan is a team that hasn't played enough cricket and dare I say are hardly a team to look up to in international cricket. Barring Younis Khan I cannot see one single player that is capable of winning a berth in a combined world XI. These days India v Pak aren't as exciting as they used to be.[/quote'] Who cares about Paki Fans -- till yesterday they were just waiting for this moment so that they can jeer the Indians and I know atleast a couple of those idiots who went to the ground had mentioned how they will let hear the Indian Fans a word or two after the game. I was just talking from the teams perspective and how they might have approached the game. I didnt not watch it -- was not sure -- but the how serious was the team in itself.

Dhoni was serious and so were the Indian players. If they didn't care to win they would have ideally retired both Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. I wish they did so that the rest also got a hit under the belt. It was a full house and so you can't blame them. They may have wanted to give something back to the fans that came to watch the game. Dhoni and the rest of the players were very animated when Irfan Pathan claimed Afridi (oh yes, yet again)... Indians were lackluster in fielding, they didn't seem interested in diving around. They ran well between the wickets though. Pakistan looked bloody serious and they sure should given their lack of match practice in the recent times. Younis Khan rung in a lot of bowling changes but none really was good enough to consistently bowl in right areas. Either short or too much on the leg side they were. Younis Khan as usual was a good sport. He clapped Rohit Sharma for notching up a fifty. Gambhir at least had a couple of words or two with the opponents at the end of the game but Dhoni hardly looked interested in speaking to any of them and headed to the changing room in a jiff. Teams really should not be concerned with the result but a win always helps in building the confidence. Akram sounded defeated in the commentary box and couldn't stop having a go at Pakistani players. I think he should take it a bit easy knowing fully well Pakistan has hardly played much cricket in recent years.

Dhoni was serious and so were the Indian players. If they didn't care to win they would have ideally retired both Rohit Sharma and Gambhir. I wish they did so that the rest also got a hit under the belt. It was a full house and so you can't blame them. They may have wanted to give something back to the fans that came to watch the game. Dhoni and the rest of the players were very animated when Irfan Pathan claimed Afridi (oh yes, yet again)... Indians were lackluster in fielding, they didn't seem interested in diving around. They ran well between the wickets though. Pakistan looked bloody serious and they sure should given their lack of match practice in the recent times. Younis Khan rung in a lot of bowling changes but none really was good enough to consistently bowl in right areas. Either short or too much on the leg side they were. Younis Khan as usual was a good sport. He clapped Rohit Sharma for notching up a fifty. Gambhir at least had a couple of words or two with the opponents at the end of the game but Dhoni hardly looked interested in speaking to any of them and headed to the changing room in a jiff. Teams really should not be concerned with the result but a win always helps in building the confidence. Akram sounded defeated in the commentary box and couldn't stop having a go at Pakistani players. I think he should take it a bit easy knowing fully well Pakistan has hardly played much cricket in recent years.
Good for them -- that means India really outclassed them. And yes dont know why they didnt retire Gambhir and Rohit -- they should have at least the 110 run mark. Also it look slike Dhoni is hell bent on coming in at #3 and I am not sure if thats a goo dmove

At this rate, certain Pakistanis may go an entire lifetime without seeing a victory against India :D And you whats different bout this victory compared to our previous wins over Pakistan in World cups? Before, irrespective of the relative forms or the composition of the two teams, India-Pakistan matches always used to be close affairs.. This time, for the first time, we actually beat them comprehensively. Sure, its only T20 and that may have helped make this look more comprehensive than it should, but its still, a win is a win. And oh, for those Pak fans who say this is only a warm-up - Cut the BS fellas, we all know how seriously both teams took this game.

Mohd. Amer looked amazing, Ahmed Shehzad was charging and owning bowlers like he has been playing for ages. Good to see non-T20 material like Butt and Rao sitting out. Shahzaib is another beast in making, should get a consistent run. Akmal and the rest of batsmen seemed to be getting back in form. Good batting but bowling wasn't that great. Will recover quick, afterall we are the best in T20. :--D

Mohd. Amer looked amazing' date= Ahmed Shehzad was charging and owning bowlers like he has been playing for ages. Good to see non-T20 material like Butt and Rao sitting out. Shahzaib is another beast in making, should get a consistent run. Akmal and the rest of batsmen seemed to be getting back in form. Good batting but bowling wasn't that great. Will recover quick, afterall we are the best in T20. :--D
What was so amazing about his bowling? Did he even beat the batsman (except when he bat with wides). He is just another erratic bowler like Sami who could also bowl 93 mph. He looked okay because others were dreadful. He didn't get even one yorker in place .Sometimes i am reall perplexed at view points of a Pakistan fan. That batsman looked good. Agreed.
Don't want to gloat...it will come back and bite us in the butt. Look at Aqib Javed- remember his famous putdown to the effect Indians needed to eat more red meat to produce fast bowlers? Its been downhill for their bowlers ever since. They would give their back teeth to have Ishant or Zaheer's quality right now. Their bowlers on show look abysmally bad. Aqib may even lose his job as bowling coach. Irony of the highest order.
Absolutely true. We need to calm down and remain less arrogant about a warm up game. The game of cricket can humble any one at any time.So be contented with this win .This is not even a league match .cool down and steady. I am really impressed with the batting performance.But bowling seemed lack lustre except IS .
What was so amazing about his bowling? Did he even beat the batsman (except when he bat with wides). He is just another erratic bowler like Sami who could also bowl 93 mph. He looked okay because others were dreadful. He didn't get even one yorker in place .Sometimes i am reall perplexed at view points of a Pakistan fan. That batsman looked good. Agreed.
I thought that boy played well for a debutant .Even if it is a warm up game, playing against a batting line up of India(albiet not full strength still) is really tough .And he did well .However we need to see how he will grow from here .If he just concentrates on pace alone he will be another Sami.Let us see.
are you amits .. you have the same avatar :hmmm:
no i'm not....bt i am one of those perenial optimistics who hope that indian will produce a real tearaway who will bowl in 150kmph consistently....and shut the mouth of people who say we cant produce tearaways....coz we dont eat red meat.....atul sharma is the latest hope...hence the avatar:pray: by the way mohammed amir is quick...saw one of his videos on you tube he was clocking 89mph a year back in england nobody commenting on the bangladeshi bowler rubel....he was quick tooo.....clocked 91-92 mph i guess
Guest gaurav_indian
Mohd. Amer looked amazing' date=' Ahmed Shehzad was charging and owning bowlers like he has been playing for ages. Good to see non-T20 material like Butt and Rao sitting out. [b']Shahzaib is another beast in making, should get a consistent run. Akmal and the rest of batsmen seemed to be getting back in form. Good batting but bowling wasn't that great. Will recover quick, afterall we are the best in T20. :--D
Yeah the way he got out i first thought "finally Afridi opened the inning again" but when i saw the stats Shahzaib had already played 2-3 balls which are too many for Afridi.He likes to get out on the first ball.Thats his USP.B-> And stop hyping your players.Let them play some matches.
Yeah the way he got out i first thought "finally Afridi opened the inning again" but when i saw the stats Shahzaib had already played 2-3 balls which are too many for Afridi.He likes to get out on the first ball.Thats his USP.B-> And stop hyping your players.Let them play some matches.
:hysterical::hysterical:
Actually I heard that they were instructed niot to dive unnecessarily as this was a warm-up game.no point injuring urselves.however no excuses for Bhajji dropping a sitter n Yuvi letting one go thru.we have to pull up i dont think India took it lightly.u don't see dhoni that pumped in even in main games as he was wen he caught a blinder off Afridi.good point about players not retiring.n i belive Dhoni is doing right by coming at 3.he should continue this atleast till Veeru is fit.then Rohit can take no.3 all in all,good stuff from India..i think death bowling is a worry.RP doesnt look the same RP of IPL. however He should retain his place in the side.i was a little dissaponted that Jadeja didnt play .i wanted to see him bowl .Ojha got two games n Jadeja didnt bowl in first game too.which i think i is a bit unfair unless he is carrying an injury