Raina & Rohit - Future Pillars of Team India?

gonna be the two main stays for Team India... Profile Page fef800.png11912qb.png but i guess Rohit is rated more than Raina.. why is that? is it cuz of Raina's weakness against short ball? does Rohit has any such weakness?? personally, I like both of them.. Rohit is elegant , whereas Raina is audacious.. There are so many common things between these two.. same age, part time bowlers, very good fielders, very clean hitters of the ball, match winners, can turn the match singlehandedly.. but when i read articles, seems liek rohit is being mentioned more than Raina.. why is that? will they survive ? so who will last longer ? and who will become the legend? who will endup leading Team India? Do they have it in them to achieve atleast half of God's status? what do you guys think?

Rohit is certainly one of the future pillars of Indian batting. Raina’s technique against short-pitched, quick bowling is still suspect, but hey, Saurav Ganguly looked even more ungainly against similar sort of bowling and he ended his career as one of the most successful Indian batsman in test cricket.

No doubt they are the future. I would even go as far as including jadeja , Ojha and Ishant sharma in the company of these two. These 5 are going to be the core of our team 10 years from now. I will also predict that atleast one of these two will have a serious go at tendulkar's record of most ODI runs if the number of ODIs we play per year arent slashed significantly.

Sigh!! if only Raina had played yesterday..i guess this is a classic case of out of sight,out of mind.Both are my favorites..but i'm afraid i'm always going to be a tad biased towards Raina.And if performance matters..so far atleast Raina tops Rohit. I guess we'll have to wait and see how they compare against each other in the long run. m_m..Raina's technique against short pitched bowling maybe in question but certainly not his ability to play quick bowling. He has performed better than Rohit in just about every series they have played together..irrespective of the conditions.To undermine that fact in such a way as you've done is very unfair. Also another fact which people seem to neglect is that Raina is an exceptional player of spin bowling..while Rohit i would rate a touch below against spin.

I feel both these players will be around for some time. Raina may be a bit suspect against short pitched bowling, but it usually has to be quick on a bouncy wicket, these days you tend to get some pretty flat wickets. Plus I'm sure its something he is working on.

I like Rainas game a lot, but Rohit still has to a lot to prove. He maybe a good t20 player, but thats not everything in cricket. At present i even think Raina should be ranked above Yuvraj, cuz he can smash the spinners while Yuvraj has a huge problem with it.

I like Rainas game a lot' date=' but Rohit still has to a lot to prove. He maybe a good t20 player, but thats not everything in cricket. At present i even think Raina should be ranked above Yuvraj, cuz he can smash the spinners while Yuvraj has a huge problem with it.[/quote'] While batsmen all over the world have struggled with Vettori, Raina has usually spanked him. Not only Vettori, he has played Mendis and Murali pretty well as well

most certainly!!!!!!!! these players have had an impact on the batting line up and are bound to be test players soon! but lets not forget other prosporus figures in youth india ie ishant sharma, ohja, and yes kohli who i think deserves some place in the odi team!!!! we have a great future of youngsters which I have mentioned, and with yuvi, dhoni, zaheer, bhaji, gauti, sehwag and of course sachin i can see India only getting better as a team!!!

While batsmen all over the world have struggled with Vettori' date=' Raina has usually spanked him. Not only Vettori, he has played Mendis and Murali pretty well as well[/quote'] Glad to know i'm not the only one who noticed it..:cantstop: It was no accident that Raina was the leading Indian batsman in IPL-2..played on arguably some of the world's quickest wickets today.And you most certainly cannot ignore his performance in NZ. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Raina has what it takes to succeed in all formats..as does Rohit.This certainly has the makings of a fine rivalry.:dance:

Rohit and Raina are both class players .. they will both be pillars of India in the future But I hope that other future pillars will also emerge.. I like the kid "Manish Pandey" too and his selection of shots.. hope he is honed up to become a future pillar too We have more than enough pillars in batting but hope that we also bring out some pillars in bowling.. even in the present there are a lot lesser fast bowlers in India .. hope BCCI woud concentrate on bringing out some fast bowlers (I mean fast bowlers and not medium fasts like Tyagi etc.)

He definitely plays some gorgeous shots - the kind that even a n00b in cricket would say is beautiful - but still there is something missing about him. Rohit started out in a promising way, and then was instantly compared to Tendulkar in a nation paranoid about the Great One nearing the end of his career. This had a detrimental effect on him in multiple ways. It stroked his ego and he got careless and then it created a lot of pressure on him to live up to the hype. Then, everyone wrote him off, saying he was just a spark and not the real thing and he regained confidence by concentrating on his game. Listening to him talk makes me think that he is looking for approval and that may be because he is treated as a kiddo in the Indian dressing room. Why he does better in DC is because he knows he is among the core of the team, he is the vice-captain and he is given a more complete cricketing role (bowling). This is why there is something missing. Call it maturity or whatever. And this is where Raina betters him. Raina does not need all these conditions to feel comfortable and just goes about his game and is bursting with confidence. However, do not forget that this is Raina's second stint in the national team and he had tasted the international scene once, probably went through a similar teething period as Rohit, then spent two years in the domestics and worked his way back up. And it shows in his new-found confidence. He knows that he belongs on the biggest stage.