Group B :The Group of Death is really heating up

Yup as long as England has decent enough margin against Pakistan and hope Pakistan doesn't beat Netherlands by a huge margin.
Thats the assumption you're making isnt it? Even if Ingerland win tomorrow, I dont foresee winning with a handsome margin against the Paks, no their NRR is more or less going to stay near the -0.5/0.5 margin. Given that, Pakistan will exactly know by how much margin they have to win against the Dutch to eliminate the Poms.
Yup as long as England has decent enough margin against Pakistan and hope Pakistan doesn't beat Netherlands by a huge margin.
if England beat pakis then they are through no matter what happens in the final game between pakistan and holland.England and holland's NRR are almost identical.If pakistan then beat holland then they need to have a better NRR than holland. hollands NRR is +.050 and England's -.050.almost the same.
if England beat pakis then they are through no matter what happens in the final game between pakistan and holland.England and holland's NRR are almost identical.If pakistan then beat holland then they need to have a better NRR than holland. hollands NRR is +.050 and England's -.050.almost the same.
That is not true. If Pakistan wins against Dutch with a handsome enough margin AND the Dutch dont lower their NRR too much, England can be eliminated
That is not true. If Pakistan wins against Dutch with a handsome enough margin AND the Dutch dont lower their NRR too much' date=' England can be eliminated[/quote'] if holland lose wont they reduce their NRR below that of England who would have gone onto positive NRR after beating pakistan?
if holland lose wont they reduce their NRR below that of England who would have gone onto positive NRR after beating pakistan?
England can against Pak, yet end up with cumulative -ve NRR (by just though) Dutch can lose against Pak and yet end up with a cumulative +ve NRR. (again, by just though) So, for England to be eliminated, even if they win against Pak tomorrow and Dutch lose against Pak, both matches must be REALLY REALLY close affairs. And the chance of that happening in the Pak-Dutch is remote, which is why I think that If england win tomorrow, they're are almost through.
That is not true. If Pakistan wins against Dutch with a handsome enough margin AND the Dutch dont lower their NRR too much' date=' England can be eliminated[/quote'] Not exctly . The dutch - pom affair was a last ball finish. So their run rates are par. Now if englans wins a match from here, and the dutch lose, the english RR is always going to be more than the dutch RR.
Not exctly . The dutch - pom affair was a last ball finish. So their run rates are par. Now if englans wins a match from here' date= and the dutch lose, the english RR is always going to be more than the dutch RR.
What if the Dutch-Pak match and the Eng-Pak matches are last ball affairs too?
Wrong. Australia can beat SL, but if SL then beats WI (which is VERY likely, given the history WI have against them), then it'll come down to net run rate. Check Australia's right now.
Yeah I know that but we wont be able to qualify without winning! We are m ore then capable of smashing Sri Lanka. But they are also more then capable of beating us. Whatever happens, I see India or SA winning this.
They need to beat them by 26 runs its doable
do explain how you arrived at this number. i would imagine that they have to improve on the deficit handed to them by england since england and netherlands (before today's match) were quite even on the nrr since the dutch won on the very last ball. P.S. never mind, i got it.