Group B :The Group of Death is really heating up

Australia/Sri Lanka/West Indies are more of a group of death. It's sad one of these teams will not make it to the super 8. Bangladesh should have ideally been moved to this group and one of the teams from this group should have been in the group India and Ireland is.

Australia/Sri Lanka/West Indies are more of a group of death. It's sad one of these teams will not make it to the super 8.
Why? Australia have taken the same slack approach to selection as England, using the T20 as a fitness trial and warmup for a bunch of Ashes players and prospects like Lee, rather than actually picking their best players all on merit. They've never taken the tournament or format particularly seriously, so I have no sympathy if they get KOed. As for WI, I've lost any respect I had for Gayle and his side after the skip's comments recently and their gutless, spineless, apathetic displays in the last two months. If they lose, boo hoo.
Aus needs to win against Sri and usually we pull it off in the big games.
Wrong. Australia can beat SL, but if SL then beats WI (which is VERY likely, given the history WI have against them), then it'll come down to net run rate. Check Australia's right now.

I'm a bit cut off with regards to Australia. I want them to progress so that we can see good contests but at the same time wary of India's chances against them so would rather see them lose out in the very first round making India's job to get to Semis a lot easier. BTW are the teams carrying points to the next round?