India's super 8 games

Contrary to popular notion, this tourney has not been seemer friendly, but been spinner friendly. We have a team tat can post decent total for any combination. We also have ojha and bhajji. We have effective part timers to fill in. I'd say we will beat WI, ENG and SA l( given the fact that SA are not that good against spin). WI = Not for the first time that WI have shocked someone in a world cup( in post lyod era). What happened next ? They go down. Guess thats all WI have for this WC as well... ENG = Struggled against the PAK spinner. Expect the same against bhaj, ohja and other part timers SA = Perhaps the toughest we are about to face. Again weak team agasint quailty spin. Man of the series = Pragyan OJHA
Nah it was expected to be spinner friendly, we had quite a lot of sunshine in the weeks running up to the tournament. The wickets were a lot drier than usual.

I feel like my good Indian Gujarati friend that WI may be very tricky for India. I think that will be the toughest match that they may go down in if Gayle hits his straps- but I think Khan can unsettle him or RP even. England will struggle v India and I think SA will bottle it. I have a feeling India and perhaps WI may go through.

%2$s
Fri Jun 12 17:30 local | 16:30 GMT 16th Match, Group E - IND v WI Sun Jun 14 17:30 local | 16:30 GMT 20th Match, Group E - IND v ENG Tue Jun 16 17:30 local | 16:30 GMT 24th Match, Group E -SA v IND
We will win all three dont worry:icflove: .. England and WI are weaker compared to SA and depend only on a couple of batsmen each.. I would say beat England and WI convincingly.. SA will be a close game for sure as they are almost as strong as we are.. the favorites out of this group is India and SA but both need to play well as the other two teams can win on their day if their trump cards work.. trump card for England is Bopara, Wright and Pietersen while Gayle and Edwards are the trump card for WI

Ok here is the thingy about Dwyane Smith. One year back, Barbadians like Pedro Collins, Dwayne Smith, etc were more interested in playing county cricket rather than represent the country. Pedro Collins even turned down the offer to play for the Windies in their SL series last year, so it is pretty obvious the selectors will think twice before picking Smith. But whatever I heard of him, he puts in extra efforts even after training sessions; even though he is not that talented he gives 100%.

I think everyone is overlooking Taylor and Marshall for WI. WTF happened to Dwayne Smith?
Taylor is quality. He is from the old school of West Indian fast bowlers. Do your job and GTFO, dont swear. X Man sux at spin. He shuffles across a lot and he is just another LBW candidate. I think the crucial game will be against SA. Given that it is the last game, it is an advantage to us as we can work out the net RR, if required.
phew! glad to see some positivity!!
I mean apart from Gayle they don't have any established power hitters. And he's not going to be 100% either. Sarwan, Chanderpaul, Ramdin are the back bone of that batting line up but they're not what you would call boundary hitters, whereas guys like Raina, Yuvraj, Pathan, Dhoni make it rain boundaries when they need to. I'm not saying the Windies can't win, but seriously, apart from Taylor's four overs, I don't fear anyone in their bowling lineup, whereas it's going to be very, very difficult for batsmen to take on our spinners. Hopefully we'll get a used pitch because it'll take turn and spin and then I would have no problem with putting in 12 overs of spin. The only way we lose this match is if we field even worse than the Windies and that would take some doing. The only side with worse fielding than WI is Pakistan and we would have to drop 4-5 catches to compete with those guys.

Take a good look at the Windies bowling now. The Lankan openers are absolutely taking them apart and the only bowler that used good variations was Taylor in his first over and nearly got a wicket, but apart from that the rest of the bowling has been roobish.