Please Leave Dhoni Alone!!

Please leave Dhoni alone now! SportsCenter India's Achint Gupta makes an ardent appeal to not make a scapegoat out of MS Dhoni after India's show in England. My mind goes back to 23rd March 2007. Exactly four years after finishing up as the runners-up in the eighth edition of the World Cup in South Africa, India were ousted in the league stage of the ninth edition. That was the day it really pained to be an Indian cricket fan and to restore the belief in the team that they will be up and running was a herculean task. Now this is a question to all the Indian cricket fans. Is the pain and agony at this point of time when defending champions India have been knocked out in the Super eight equivalent to what happened in 2007 in West Indies? Can you feel the same anger for Gary Kirsten as you felt it for Greg Chappell? If your answer is NO, then why is the current Indian captain MS Dhoni has been made the vent for everyone's ire? And remember it was MS Dhoni's exceptional skills as a leader that re-instated belief in cricket fans after 2007 ODI World Cup that India can again be a world-beater. Yes, what happened at Lord's on 15th June was a tragic turn of events. Yes, Dhoni did make some tactical blunders. And yes Team India looked a pale shadow of self. But why is it that only the players and the captain who perished are being made accountable for the defeat? As a cricket fan isn't there a responsibility on our shoulders as well? If we take immense pride in being an Indian whenever India cricket team wins then in case of a defeat of the same team why don't we stand by the team in their time of need. Cricket is a game, which doesn't have a pre-written script, and victory or defeat is a part of what happens. And like normal life where parents stand by their children even when they commit suicidal mistakes, it is time for Indian fans to cheer up the team rather than pull them down. Team India members in the recent times have stressed hard on the fact that everyone is enjoying each other's successes. And now this is something no Indian team in the history could have ever boast of. The youngsters in the team have a zest and killer instinct that was never seen before and most importantly Dhoni's men proved that they could beat the best in their own den. So when Team India has undergone such a drastic makeover in the last couple of years, why don't we as fans of this team change our attitude? For a long time fans have showered flowers at the victorious men and pelted stones at the defeated warriors. But why cant our generation of cricket fans, be a lot more mature as the young captain of Team India? For once we should simply let Dhoni be with himself. The man who has turned the fortune of Indian cricket should be given leeway to absorb the defeat, change what was done wrong and mend all the loopholes. Cricket experts, media and fans will do well to not suggest the captain of the team on how to resurrect things. If we can believe in a man's ability while winning why do we lose that belief when he has just failed once. Cricket definitely strikes emotional chord of a lot of Indians, so it is understandable to be dejected after a big defeat. But you know it and I know it that this team with the current captain has the capability of again turning things around. So we should not make his task tougher by engaging him in asking for useless explanations when he should only be worrying about strengthening the weak points in the game. Fans cannot provoke a break up in the team's unity just because media wants real-life soap with all the spices. It did hurt me when India lost a day before, but I have not lost my trust in their abilities like it happened on the dreadful day of March 23rd, 2007. and with that guys i love u and leave to go watch my boys play!! come on India!!! mwaaaaahhhhhh:icflove: