Indian team for the West Indies tour announced.

Guest gaurav_indian

If you check my posts of yestermonth' date=' I have been criticising selectors for picking sharma for the series in nz etc. but here I think he is fine to retain hsi place again since now he seems to be back in the knick[/quote'] See I think anyway it doesnt matter that much. I'd have been happier if MSD, GG and YS were also rested. I'd like to see all of Pathan, Nayar, Rohit Sharma, Badri, Murali, Karthick, Jadeja get a chance in all the 5 games along with Nehra, PK and RP. Let's see who gets how many games.

I don't quite know why Dhoni don't want to rest. He rested from SL test series but he's not resting now. In fact when I met him while he was in NZ along with someone I knew, he mentioned ODIs are a great format. He mentioned Twenty20s were not that testing because of it's flaky nature and in test cricket, he mentioned, if anyone plays 150-200 balls he will get a hundred but ODIs are the true test. I thought he must be joking at that point in time but didn't want to debate. It's his choice really to like a particular format.

I don't quite know why Dhoni don't want to rest. He rested from SL test series but he's not resting now. In fact when I met him while he was in NZ along with someone I knew he mentioned ODIs are a great format. He mentioned Twenty20s were not that testing because of it's flaky nature and in test cricke the mentioned if anyone plays 150-200 balls he will get a hundred but ODIs are the true test. I thought he must be joking at that point in time but didn't want to debate. It's his choice really to like a particular format.
Thanx for sharing this ravi. No point debating him, so you did the right thing. But Dhoni's disregard to Tests (relative to the regard for LOI) was apparent before, and some of us suspected this. Your experience confirms it. If it is that easy to score a Test 100, m$d should do it more often.

I think Badrinath is a good selection. I think Kohli should have been selected but at the expense of Jadeja. Also in ODI cricket, Id have Dhoni batting in the top 5 somewhere (especially when Sachin, Sehwag and Raina are out). I think he is suited to no.4 or 5 because he can control the middle overs and rotate the strike. If he comes in at no.7 he would (in most cases) be expected to start slogging immediately, which he has struggled to do lately. Someone like Yusuf Pathan or Nayar would be better suited to that position. Dhoni should be in the top/middle order setting up the strong platform.

I think Badrinath is a good selection. I think Kohli should have been selected but at the expense of Jadeja. Also in ODI cricket, Id have Dhoni batting in the top 5 somewhere (especially when Sachin, Sehwag and Raina are out). I think he is suited to no.4 or 5 because he can control the middle overs and rotate the strike. If he comes in at no.7 he would (in most cases) be expected to start slogging immediately, which he has struggled to do lately. Someone like Yusuf Pathan or Nayar would be better suited to that position. Dhoni should be in the top/middle order setting up the strong platform.
I think Dhoni's effigy should play instead of Dhoni atleast the punished one will be the same as the real one!!
does it mean they are capable of the partnership of the kind sachin-dravid had vs mcgrath-warne in chennai 2001? or the dravid-laxman one in calcutta? these knocks require maturity.both rohit and kohli are not going to play such knocks in hte near future.
and why are you mixing tests and ODIs ?? Kohli may not be a finished product in terms of wearing his emotions on his sleeve. A certain Indian captain also did so and did not change until he was on his last legs. As for pressure -- This guy knows what is to fail big time. He was a part of the team that lost the under 19 cup to Pakistan. And the captain of the team that won it the next time round. Cricket is a gentleman's sport only in name :--D

Irfan shouldnt have been dropped is anything Ishant has been worse of late. And Munaf should have played instead of Ishant- just to rest him Possibly Virat and not Yuvraj- but this way MSD can rest and Yuv can lead the side in say ODIs 3 and 4