Indian team for the West Indies tour announced.

Guest gaurav_indian

my team for the 1st odi- gautam rohit badrinath jadeja yuvi dhoni(floater) yusuf bhajji RP nehra ishant
Yuvi shouldn't play below #4. Dhoni shouldn't play above #7. RP and Nehra with Bhajji and Ojha seems a better bet than Ishant. For one, Benn has been able to deceive a lot of batsmen in these slow tracks, and I don't see why Ojha wouldn't be able to do the same. The rest seems right. We're terribly underprepared and completely fatigued - I would be happy if we are able to compete well.
ok no talk of batting,on current form Ishant desrves the boot as much(or even more) as Irfan,no?still he got selected?plus if hes an allrounder,why is allrounder capabilities ignored?is it necessary that u have to bowl well everytime even if are an allrounder.he is supposed to lend balance to the side n still the question stands,how the hell is Nehra better than him
I am not saying Nehra is better than him, even I am not in favour of Nehra. both are very average. I wanted some young bowler like Sudeep Tyagi or Umesh Yadav to play and get some experience, after all our focus should be 2011 WC Irfan has to go to MRF pace academy and work hard to come back the bowler he was, until then he should not be selected. Else India will forever loose a genuine bowling talent to a sub standard allrounder...remember Sir Aggi His batting is a bonus, but he is not a proper batsman and doesn't merit a selection as a batsman in national team.he has age on his side, so its upto him His allround abilities should be ignored becuase his main arsenal is gone. Look at Oram, he is no more an allrounder and struggling to get into the NZL side.he is even looking a liability in CSK side, because his bowling is gone and he is no proper batsman..he can come off only a few times, many time he will get out cheaply

i think only argument for vijay picked ahead of kohli is that vijay is real opener and kohli midle order batsman. still you gotta pick the best players and vijay isnt one of them. btw, rahane can also open the innings and has done so formumbai in the past. he has really good record in all forms of the game. definitely better than muralitharan vijay. no idea why he wasnt picked cos he is now experienced enuff for an india debut

For those worried about the rare TN selections, don't worry. I see either of the following happening: 1. Give them no chances in the XI, keep them on the bench, let them get old and then declare them useless 2. Give them a few chances, wait for them to fail once or twice and dump them forever. 3. Dump them the very next series (and possibly forever) when others are available. It is a proven formula and I am sure it will work again to the satisfaction of most here.
Good. these players arent good enuff to represent india anywayz, dumping them forever is a gr8 idea
I am not saying Nehra is better than him, even I am not in favour of Nehra. both are very average. I wanted some young bowler like Sudeep Tyagi or Umesh Yadav to play and get some experience, after all our focus should be 2011 WC Irfan has to go to MRF pace academy and work hard to come back the bowler he was, until then he should not be selected. Else India will forever loose a genuine bowling talent to a sub standard allrounder...remember Sir Aggi His batting is a bonus, but he is not a proper batsman and doesn't merit a selection as a batsman in national team.he has age on his side, so its upto him His allround abilities should be ignored becuase his main arsenal is gone. Look at Oram, he is no more an allrounder and struggling to get into the NZL side.he is even looking a liability in CSK side, because his bowling is gone and he is no proper batsman..he can come off only a few times, many time he will get out cheaply
if u look at his technique actually he is quite close to being a proper batsman,he just havent been given opportunities.on bowling ,if u want Irfan of 2004-2005 to be back,i doubt that'll ever happen but still hes the best allrounder in the country.n he did quite well in the IPL. Oram is a different case.hes a batting allrounder n is out of form coming back from injury.still he is a certainty in NZ side.in CSK u can only play 4 foreigners so he missed out.
Yuvi shouldn't play below #4. Dhoni shouldn't play above #7. RP and Nehra with Bhajji and Ojha seems a better bet than Ishant. For one' date=' Benn has been able to deceive a lot of batsmen in these slow tracks, and I don't see why Ojha wouldn't be able to do the same. The rest seems right. We're terribly underprepared and completely fatigued - I would be happy if we are able to compete well.[/quote'] dhnoi averages in the 80s at 3 and 4 in ODIs.not saying he should come in at 3 or 4 but i like his floater role better in odis-he can play tuk-tuk cricket to his heart's content @3:giggle:
dhnoi averages in the 80s at 3 and 4 in ODIs.not saying he should come in at 3 or 4 but i like his floater role better in odis-he can play tuk-tuk cricket to his heart's content @3:giggle:
:itsme: Yeah but he's not in form, and you need someone who can continue the work if the openers fall, and I don't he can do that with his present form. He'll put pressure on the stroke players below him.

There are other less deserving players too including Jadeja, Y. Pathan and Karthick, and Rohit Sharma. I think we are in a transition phase where only MSD, YS, GG and VS (when he is fit) are the sure-shots. (SRT when he decides to play). So there are 4-5 places up for grabs and I dont see why Badri or Vijay shouldnt be in contention. Looking beyond records, these are the 2 guys who have decently solid techniques (much better than Jadeja, Pathan and Raina). So these 2 deserve a chance. Virat Kohli misses out this time. I'd have been happier if it was Rohit Sharma (he deserves a kick in his ****), or Jadeja or Y. Pathan (a bit too over-confident for his talent) or Karthick (actually I like his batting talent but if he is considered as a stand-by keeper then it doesnt make sense). Also nobody is arguing against Nayar. Why is that the case? This team has got too many bits and pieces players including Jadeja, Nayar and Y. Pathan. Surely you dont want to carry all 3 of them.

Bunny, R.Sharma was in fine form in IPl and hence deserve his place in the 50 over games in Windies. It's Vijay's plae which is being questioned and thats the perfect question from people. When Guys like Virat Kohli are waiting, then how come selectos have picked a guy like Vijay. and don't talk about Yusuf Pathan's Exclusion. He hasn't been given a proper run.

Actually' date=' I'm with you here. What I saw of Tyagi was really impressive - I wish he'd been selected for this tour. He's a relatively tall chap too.[/quote'] Yep - Tyagi should have been selected ahead of Nehra if we are looking at WC2011. Nehra is not a good fielder and cannot even hold the bat (has he improved?). Maybe Tyagi is that way too - not sure. But I liked Tyagi's bowling and he hurries the batsman on occasion.
Bunny, R.Sharma was in fine form in IPl and hence deserve his place in the 50 over games in Windies. It's Vijay's plae which is being questioned and thats the perfect question from people. When Guys like Virat Kohli are waiting, then how come selectos have picked a guy like Vijay. and don't talk about Yusuf Pathan's Exclusion. He hasn't been given a proper run.
but how does form in IPL mean anything for a 50-over game? The guy deserves to be dropped because then he will go over and work on his shortcomings. Yusuf Pathan is a slogger, that everyone knows. He will always be a hit or a miss player (at least in my view). I think if ppl are questioning Murali's place (a guy who probably along with Sharma has the best technique among youngsters), then I think I am entitled to question Pathan's, Jadeja's, Rohit Sharma's, Nayar's and Karthick's place. Just because some N number of ppl like them here doesnt mean they deserve to be selected.