Dhoni urges team mates not to hide injuries

Hiding minor injuries is a norm.the BCCI selected the squad too early wen the IPL was still going on n players picked up injuries afterwards.only an idiot would pull out of a World cup on his own after getting selected.only thing is BCCI could have carried out fitness tests before leaving

Won't happen. Players will still hide injury in fear of losing their place in the team. Although Viru didnt need to be afraid about losing his place. Take SreeSanth's example. I think he was a regular member until he got injured. Now he is not even in preliminary squads. Dhoni will face a hard time dealing with these kind of things. The best way is to have rigorous fitness tests before and after each series to know where the players stand with regards to injury/niggles/fitness. I doubt the BCCI will arrange such a concept.

"Remember, winning is a habit, losing is a process and nothing is a disaster,
there is no way Dhoni would have said that to hie team.nobody talks like that in reality.these thing look good only on TV.he must have used this line in a Press Conference
Won't happen. Players will still hide injury in fear of losing their place in the team. Although Viru didnt need to be afraid about losing his place. Take SreeSanth's example. I think he was a regular member until he got injured. Now he is not even in preliminary squads. Dhoni will face a hard time dealing with these kind of things. The best way is to have rigorous fitness tests before and after each series to know where the players stand with regards to injury/niggles/fitness. I doubt the BCCI will arrange such a concept.
its not fear of losing place for Viru.he wanted to represent India in a tournament like world cup.he was injured but he may have thought it to be a minor injury.later on,he did admit that he was injured n that he got injured in S/F of IPL
exactly...i wonder why dhoni chose to skip a series vs SRL rather then IPL. Not the ideal thing to do.
nah man it's just that she gets freaking attacked for saying the RIGHT thing. Dhoni should have skipped IPL and not the more important Test Series....so his batting would have sucked on those pitches but he would have kept better with one hand then those two fools we have.
that's not the point b....dhoni's freaking rich already. Test cricket is the ultimate form of the game and it's Test > ODI > T20. I would understand if this guy got injured in the IPL and THEN pulled out of the tour...hey your injured, no problem. But to pull out of an IMPORTANT test series against the Lankans away...when we know we'll need you cuz we've got ***tick and ***thiv behind the stumps, you choose to pull out because you need "rest"? Pull out the goddamn IPL which would have given you 1.5 months rest! He should have been crucified further for making a move like that. Imagine if Tendulkar did that...but then again Tendulkar has his priorities straight.
I think you were born a 100 years too late. Both ICL and (as a response) IPL were formed because India won the T20 WC in 2007. Imagine if India did not win that WC. I highly doubt IPL or ICL would've existed. Now, IPL was run against a plethora of criticisms from the older generation of cricket players, cricket journalists, and cricket watchers who don't consider T20 cricket at all. Now that the IPL was formed and was running, there was no way that Dhoni could have taken "rest" from it because it was the first year and the IPL needed to make a good impression on all these criticisms, and there was no way that BCCI would have let him rest. Furthermore, he was paid $1.5 Million dollars, which is around 5-6 crores(?). There is no way that that the CSK management would have let him "rest" just because he was tired. And he's the wicketkeeper, captain, and back then, a hell of a batsman. He was India's MVP because we had just come from Australia after winning the CB Series (the SA Test Series was there in between but speaking just of the LOI format). He cannot ask to be rested from this event. Ideally speaking, yeah, he should've been rested, and it would have been great to have him there in Sri Lanka. But boo ****ing hoo. It didn't happen. How long are you guys to hang on his back constantly saying you didn't play in the test series. I don't know how well you follow cricket but until he took that rest, he had been on road for more than 13-15 months, and had played in nearly every single game (with only the 3rd Test against Pakistan being the game he missed due to injury). Don't forget he has to keep. I'd rather have a guy who can tell when he needs a rest and not affect the team's performance by participating than just go there and keep like **** to Kumble and Harbhajan. As it turns out it didn't matter all that much. What is this **** about Tendulkar doing that? Sachin's a batsman, and a part-time bowler (he can't even be called that now given he hasn't bowled in a long long time). Dhoni is a wicket keeper - the amount of physical stress increases by ten-fold. I don't understand your way of thinking at all. Perhaps if Dhoni lived in 1902, during the era of Trumper and Noble, and stuff, he would've given up the money for the IPL, stood against it, and played only test matches, and would retire after hitting a century and give another bloke the chance to play. But Cricket has evolved, for better or worse, and so our expectations of the cricketers should also evolve. I didn't know you and fineleg were so perfect in your lives. Do you really live the ideal human life (should it exist)? This is beyond illogical and stupid. I think you guys have forgotten that the guys who play on the field representing India are also human beings. You have to give them the same leeway you give yourselves and other men and women who live around you. Don't expect them to be demi-gods because they are also making a living by doing what they are good at. Sometimes, the judgments will be off, and we'll have to take that. He knows his body better than you. How much longer is Dhoni going to play cricket - I'll give him 8-10 years (at the maximum). But after that, imagine his back being rendered useless. His life is so severely affected. You don't give any consideration to the life outside of cricket these guys have.

Good post Graphic, but it was pointless, there are certain people who will read it and the moment the page changes it will be forgotten. These people have already forgotten, how good that rest was for him, when he came back to the ODI team he was scoring good runs vs SL. Handling M&M pretty well too

^^Why do you bother man?
Cause its getting tiring dude. I mean, 2 years ago, after we were kicked out of the WC in West Indies by Bangladesh, no one would have even remotely dreamed of us winning the Triangular Series in Australia. No one would've imagined us winning the ODI series in Sri Lanka without Sehwag/Sachin, given how our senior batsmen were completely flummoxed by the spinners. Winning has become an expectation rather than a bonus now, and I sincerely think that Dhoni is a huge factor in that. For a guy who came out blasting every bowler, he was supposed to be a flat track bully, one who did not have technique to do well in Australia. He fought hard during the test series, and was easily the most consistent batsman in the team. He's reinvented his batting when he was in the danger of being found out by bowlers, and perhaps has sacrificed too much of his raw power. Nevertheless, right now I think his captaincy is in a similar situation, and based on past record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I think he'll do well as a captain for India. Recognizing that he has taken bad decisions, and his form has been bad is not incorrect but harping on the same issues a year after what he's done is stupid. That too at a time when the team morale is down because they were unable to compete well in the tournament that they were the defending champions of. I'd rather support the team right now rather than keep harping on how many mistakes he's made in the last 20 months. Again, pointing out the mistakes isn't bad but repeated bashing of his character, his greed for money, and questioning his commitment to cricket is terrible. Anyways, I'm done on this topic.
Guest Shivani
Nevertheless' date=' right now I think his captaincy is in a similar situation, and based on past record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I think he'll do well as a captain for India. Recognizing that he has taken bad decisions, and his form has been bad is not incorrect but harping on the same issues a year after what he's done is stupid. That too at a time when the team morale is down because they were unable to compete well in the tournament that they were the defending champions of. I'd rather support the team right now rather than keep harping on how many mistakes he's made in the last 20 months. Again, pointing out the mistakes isn't bad but repeated bashing of his character, his greed for money, and questioning his commitment to cricket is terrible. Anyways, I'm done on this topic.[/quote'] :bow: you're so right ! This is the time we need to support our team and captain and show confidence in them instead of finding out their mistakes and bashing them for it
I think you were born a 100 years too late. Both ICL and (as a response) IPL were formed because India won the T20 WC in 2007. Imagine if India did not win that WC. I highly doubt IPL or ICL would've existed. Now, IPL was run against a plethora of criticisms from the older generation of cricket players, cricket journalists, and cricket watchers who don't consider T20 cricket at all. Now that the IPL was formed and was running, there was no way that Dhoni could have taken "rest" from it because it was the first year and the IPL needed to make a good impression on all these criticisms, and there was no way that BCCI would have let him rest. Furthermore, he was paid $1.5 Million dollars, which is around 5-6 crores(?). There is no way that that the CSK management would have let him "rest" just because he was tired. And he's the wicketkeeper, captain, and back then, a hell of a batsman. He was India's MVP because we had just come from Australia after winning the CB Series (the SA Test Series was there in between but speaking just of the LOI format). He cannot ask to be rested from this event. Ideally speaking, yeah, he should've been rested, and it would have been great to have him there in Sri Lanka. But boo ****ing hoo. It didn't happen. How long are you guys to hang on his back constantly saying you didn't play in the test series. I don't know how well you follow cricket but until he took that rest, he had been on road for more than 13-15 months, and had played in nearly every single game (with only the 3rd Test against Pakistan being the game he missed due to injury). Don't forget he has to keep. I'd rather have a guy who can tell when he needs a rest and not affect the team's performance by participating than just go there and keep like **** to Kumble and Harbhajan. As it turns out it didn't matter all that much. What is this **** about Tendulkar doing that? Sachin's a batsman, and a part-time bowler (he can't even be called that now given he hasn't bowled in a long long time). Dhoni is a wicket keeper - the amount of physical stress increases by ten-fold. I don't understand your way of thinking at all. Perhaps if Dhoni lived in 1902, during the era of Trumper and Noble, and stuff, he would've given up the money for the IPL, stood against it, and played only test matches, and would retire after hitting a century and give another bloke the chance to play. But Cricket has evolved, for better or worse, and so our expectations of the cricketers should also evolve. I didn't know you and fineleg were so perfect in your lives. Do you really live the ideal human life (should it exist)? This is beyond illogical and stupid. I think you guys have forgotten that the guys who play on the field representing India are also human beings. You have to give them the same leeway you give yourselves and other men and women who live around you. Don't expect them to be demi-gods because they are also making a living by doing what they are good at. Sometimes, the judgments will be off, and we'll have to take that. He knows his body better than you. How much longer is Dhoni going to play cricket - I'll give him 8-10 years (at the maximum). But after that, imagine his back being rendered useless. His life is so severely affected. You don't give any consideration to the life outside of cricket these guys have.
I think your going way over the top. Let's go through your post para by para.
Both ICL and (as a response) IPL were formed because India won the T20 WC in 2007. Imagine if India did not win that WC. I highly doubt IPL or ICL would've existed. Now, IPL was run against a plethora of criticisms from the older generation of cricket players, cricket journalists, and cricket watchers who don't consider T20 cricket at all. Now that the IPL was formed and was running, there was no way that Dhoni could have taken "rest" from it because it was the first year and the IPL needed to make a good impression on all these criticisms, and there was no way that BCCI would have let him rest. Furthermore, he was paid $1.5 Million dollars, which is around 5-6 crores(?). There is no way that that the CSK management would have let him "rest" just because he was tired.
Dhoni is his own man and everyone knows Test Cricket is the ultimate. Add to the fact that SRL is just as tough as AUS in AUS and SAF in SAF, and winning it is one more step to being the best team in the world, then it makes it 10 TIMES more important. IPL needed to make a good impression? Well there was a bunch of other world beaters in the IPL, big deal if Dhoni doesn't play. CSK management paid him 1.5 mil and won't let him rest? Well don't pay him if he doesn't play!
And he's the wicketkeeper, captain, and back then, a hell of a batsman. He was India's MVP because we had just come from Australia after winning the CB Series (the SA Test Series was there in between but speaking just of the LOI format). He cannot ask to be rested from this event. Ideally speaking, yeah, he should've been rested, and it would have been great to have him there in Sri Lanka. But boo ****ing hoo. It didn't happen. How long are you guys to hang on his back constantly saying you didn't play in the test series. I don't know how well you follow cricket but until he took that rest, he had been on road for more than 13-15 months, and had played in nearly every single game (with only the 3rd Test against Pakistan being the game he missed due to injury). Don't forget he has to keep. I'd rather have a guy who can tell when he needs a rest and not affect the team's performance by participating than just go there and keep like **** to Kumble and Harbhajan. As it turns out it didn't matter all that much.
I'm not hanging on to his back and stabbing him. I supported fineleg when she said that he should have skipped the IPL (which is domestic) instead of skipping a test tour (which is International). He did it, fine...I don't curse his a*s everynight...he's a smart guy and I'm sure he won't do it again. I do follow cricket and I know he had been on the road, but that's the point...you should look at the schedule and see when you can take a break if you know your body can't handle that much cricket. And you miss the point again....I'm not asking him to play in IPL, get more tired, then go to SRL to keep. I'm asking him to skip IPL, which happens every goddamn year, and tour Sri Lanka, which happens ever 5 years. And it didn't matter that much? Are you deluded? Did you not see the chances that those two idiots dropped? We could have won that 3rd test match, even the series with Dhoni's keeping. As a person who calls Dhoni India's MVP, you sure showed your faith in him with that statement.
What is this **** about Tendulkar doing that? Sachin's a batsman, and a part-time bowler (he can't even be called that now given he hasn't bowled in a long long time). Dhoni is a wicket keeper - the amount of physical stress increases by ten-fold. I don't understand your way of thinking at all. Perhaps if Dhoni lived in 1902, during the era of Trumper and Noble, and stuff, he would've given up the money for the IPL, stood against it, and played only test matches, and would retire after hitting a century and give another bloke the chance to play. But Cricket has evolved, for better or worse, and so our expectations of the cricketers should also evolve.
The reason I bring up Tendulkar is because he's one of the guys who always says that Test Cricket is the priority. And he's right. It has nothing to do with comparing them physically. And again, I'm not accusing Dhoni of playing in the IPL for money...I even said he was rich already in an earlier post. Dhoni is the most level headed guy that's played for India so I really don't think money has anything to do with his decision. I honestly don't know why he didn't tour Lanka. All I know is that he should have. My expectation of cricketers is to go out and play with 100% for INDIA. Not for the Chennai Super Kings. If he wants to put CSK as priority before India, that's fine, I'll criticize him, but still appreciate his performances for India. Your mistaking me for being a Dhoni hater here when I'm not.
I didn't know you and fineleg were so perfect in your lives. Do you really live the ideal human life (should it exist)? This is beyond illogical and stupid. I think you guys have forgotten that the guys who play on the field representing India are also human beings. You have to give them the same leeway you give yourselves and other men and women who live around you. Don't expect them to be demi-gods because they are also making a living by doing what they are good at. Sometimes, the judgments will be off, and we'll have to take that.
I'm far from perfect, trust me. And I do give plenty of lee way to cricketers....being a cricketer myself I know how hard it is to constantly be travelling and playing (obviously what they go through is 100x of what we go through here)...you'll always see me supporting cricketers and not bashing them unnecessarily. And yes, his judgement was off, I'm glad you accept it. I agree with you. I'm just saying what he did was wrong, not bashing him and abusing him. Don't people do that when they think a batsmen played a bad stroke?
He knows his body better than you. How much longer is Dhoni going to play cricket - I'll give him 8-10 years (at the maximum). But after that, imagine his back being rendered useless. His life is so severely affected. You don't give any consideration to the life outside of cricket these guys have.
EXACTLY. Use the time you have to play MORE for India. We need Dhoni more then Chennai does.