When will we have an express fast bowler?

Inzi is the 4th highest ever. Yet' date=' he cannot be seen as world class. The same logic applies with Kumble. Good players for their countries but never the best.[/quote'] fair point. :icflove: but as rkt said, there is a distinction between ATG and world class
Inzi was world class. There is a difference between ATG and world class.
Inzi is in either category and Kumble likewise. Of course, an Indian will think Kumble as a legend due to him being the best of the lot, but from a pure cricketing perspective, Kumble is very far from it.
Being a great athlete and getting injured are two different things. Injury happens due to work load and high pressure on body while bowling at high pace. Being a great athlete is agility of the body and being natural as a sportsman. Brett Lee had a great runup and bowling action to produce high pace. Holding too had that. and then Alan Donald. These are three best runup and actions in cricket you would see. Marshall had good runup but his bowling lacked the finesse of these three to generate extreme pace. Akhtar was a power bowler. Marshall was skiddy.
Err no. Being a great athlete *IS* also being injury free. You are not athletic enough if you keep getting injured. Injuries dont just happen from high workload, it happens also due to improper muscle balance, not enough strength in the bones to withstand the rigours, how 'all round' fit you are, etc. Lee is *NOT* fit enough. He may look fit, he may seem lithe, but McGrath was easily fitter than Lee, since McGrath's body could take a lot more sustained pressure than Lee's. Not only did McGrath work a lot more than Lee in the field (Lee was too fragile to be used in more than 4-5 over short bursts, McGrath routinely bowled 10 overs on the trot from one end) and he hardly, if ever, got injured. Nobody cares how much muscle you have or how toned you are if you cant stay injury-free and as such, being fit enough to bowl is all about having the stamina of a Walsh/McGrath/Marshall/Pollock/Holding and being injury free. Lee or Akhtar are simply not in that class because they simply were not fit enough. As for the 'best runup and actions', i've already said that Holding is the clear runaway winner here. Not just about the 'looks' of it (Holding looked totally effortless) but also the economy and the stress free nature of it. As for Marshall lacking the finesse to generate extreme pace- again, you know nothing of what you speak of. Marshall, like Akram, had an extremely fast arm action and was consistently one of the fastest bowlers to bowl in the game.
For a start' date=' when did we ever have a true world class bowler in this century. Do not give Kumble as he is nowhere near the class of the legends.[/quote'] how is Kumble not in the class of legends ? Of the three- Murali,Warne and Kumble, Kumble was the least effective in unhelpful pitches and Kumble was easily the most deadly on the pitches that helped him. Kumble on a 'spitting cobra' pitch was the hardest bowler to face in the last 20 years. More so than Murali on slow square turners of Sri Lanka.
By watching the same online videos' date=' I consider Thommo, Lillie, Holding, Bishop, etc. express at their peak, so why should I have a different criteria for other bowlers?[/quote'] i didnt say have different criteria for other bowlers, i said that your criteria of asessing speeds from variable camera angle is total nonsense. Bullshyte. It means nothing. Comprende ?
For a start' date=' when did we ever have a true world class bowler in this century. Do not give Kumble as he is nowhere near the class of the legends.[/quote'] Name me a better 5th day spin bowler other than Kumble. You can interchange all 3 and you would get the same results. Max stats are Max stats. Except Bishen Singh Bedi ofc.
judging from this flat track ? i think he did well keep in mind this is track where every other fast bowler went for over 6-7 rpo only morkel was the exception..
He bowled too many poor deliveries which he needs to control. Flat track or not, if you are hit on good balls, it is alright, but bowling both sides of the wicket is poor. He bowled too many leg side pies yesterday. This was one of his worst spell in terms of accuracy.