Ashish Nehra is still crap

Nehra just doesnt have that fear factor of a fast bowler...he never gives that vibe of ripping thRough opposition batting... though RP Singh is a good bowler...the guy is treated ***** and never gets consistent run.. if India wants to be a world champion in ODI, we have to finds 2 good quick bowlers soon...

instead of making the snide irrelevant comments can we plz discuss nehras bowling at the death u wud think he wud have learnt how to avoid bowling wides in his 4 year absence
Zaheer sucked too at the death overs. So did Ishant. So did RP. So did Irfan. India doesn't have Malinga or Wayne Parnell.
Nehra just doesnt have that fear factor of a fast bowler...he never gives that vibe of ripping thRough opposition batting... though RP Singh is a good bowler...the guy is treated ***** and never gets consistent run.. if India wants to be a world champion in ODI' date= we have to finds 2 good quick bowlers soon...
When did we ever have a bowler with "fear factor"
Zaheer sucked too at the death overs. So did Ishant. So did RP. So did Irfan. India doesn't have Malinga or Wayne Parnell.
zaheer can bowl yorkers at death overs he is a good death bowler ishant doesnt have variation in his bowling, its clear he isnt odi bowler and he obviosly wont survive for long rp is good death bowler but he is bowling badly these days bad situation for india re bowling
zaheer can bowl yorkers at death overs he is a good death bowler ishant doesnt have variation in his bowling, its clear he isnt odi bowler and he obviosly wont survive for long rp is good death bowler but he is bowling badly these days
Zak didn't show any indication of being a good death bowler in T20. RP is a good death bowler in places like South Africa. Otherwise he is an average death bowler too. Today he bowled wide after wide. He bowled well with new ball. Got crucial break throughs. He played his part. We cannot hold against him for just one bad over.
Guest Hiten.
zaheer can bowl yorkers at death overs he is a good death bowler ishant doesnt have variation in his bowling, its clear he isnt odi bowler and he obviosly wont survive for long rp is good death bowler but he is bowling badly these days bad situation for india re bowling
Where are you getting your statistics from ? :hmmm:
i dont know what is happening to india recently with their bowling, keep on recycling, munaf dropped then recalled, same with pathan, sreesanth, rp singh, and now nehra, surely there must be some other decent pacer out there
says the imbecile who is trying to bring mohammed zaid back... right after abdul razzaq, and azhar mahmud...
Nehra just doesnt have that fear factor of a fast bowler...he never gives that vibe of ripping thRough opposition batting... though RP Singh is a good bowler...the guy is treated ***** and never gets consistent run.. if India wants to be a world champion in ODI' date=' we have to finds 2 good quick bowlers soon...[/quote'] there is something seriously wrong with you!
says the imbecile who is trying to bring mohammed zaid back... right after abdul razzaq' date=' and azhar mahmud...[/quote'] who is bringing zahid back or even mahmood? and rp, pathan and co arent in akthars league, there is differences between medium pacers and express pacers
650 runs were scored in 100 overs ' date=' every fast bowler went for runs so both India and WI should drop all fast bowlers ?[/quote'] No, they can not. But that does not mean that there is nothing to worry about. Both teams bowled bad I think India was the worse. We won only because of that innings from YS. Its sad to see Nehra in this state. Still remember him cleaning up England in 03 WC.

One bad match and he is proclaimed crap, give him a chance, it is extremely difficult for a fast-medium bowler to bowl on a track like that as the pitch did not appear to respond to anything but Taylor's 90mph deliveries; and even Taylor was taken apart when the batsmen had the confidence to swing through the line at him. Accuracy is the key in the West Indies for the medium pace bowlers and India missed a trick by not incluiding Munaf who succeeded in the ODI series last played by India in the West Indies. I feel that Munaf and Praveen would have made a fine attack for this series and the selection of RP Singh was misguided as he as he is usually poor whern the ball does not swing. This being said, he can be a very fine bowler when it does and should usually be a shoe-in for series in the southern hemisphere or England where the ball moves considerably. I'm not sure Nehra was the right selection, but giving him one game on a flat slow pitch is unfair to him.

Its sad to see Nehra in this state. Still remember him cleaning up England in 03 WC.
You cannot be so hasty in saying that he was once great and now is ****. That 6/23 was not a regular occurance by Nehra, it was a one off, his best ever international spell and in very helpful conditions. This is several injuries later and his comeback. If we wish to make a study of his progress, note that he did well in the IPL in South Africa, just as in the 2003 WC. Conditions are an underrated factor when assessing fast bowlers, a good bowler in country x can be a rubbish one in country y.

nehra was an ok ODI paceman. like ALL our bowlers he needs the conditions Do agree than Munaf and/or PK should have been in for IS. Also why no MVijay or Badri...? great chance to blood them an have em play as many matches as poss

i'm worried about Ishant.he is looking down on confidence.his pace has also dropped which is expected considering he is playing non stop.he is fatigued,clearly needs some rest.PK should come in n i still maintain he can bee very useful with the new ball

Totally agree, was going to start a thread along similar lines. Nehra is total crap. Nearly brings me to tears that this is our pacer strength that he gets selected. He was pants in his pomp and even worse now. Some bowlers around the world could bowl quicker then him underarm. Just adds more value to my "when will we get an express bowler" thread when you see this joker playing for India. He is also an awful fielder/bat and ugly. I would have crapthan over this piece of junk. Can't believe the selctors have picked him. Just shows all lottery IPL perfomances should be discounted and instead we should look for genuine class and performances in first class cricket. As we end up with rubbish like Nehra and to some extent Jadeja!