ICC Champion's Trophy : Dravid in probables...

Irfan really is a bad bowler, who have more than often relied on his batting to get a spot into the team rather than bowling
really?is he worse than Bhuvaneshwar Kumar or Pankaj Singh?Irfan had a fantastic IPL picking up 17 wickets IIRC.wat makes u think hes a bad bowler?

Nothing against Rahul, but isn't this a move backwards? He was seen as not fit enough or whatever and Dhoni wanted to invest in youth, so why have we gone back to experience. Yeh youth failed at the T20 WC, but if you're going to invest in youth, you need to give them time

Nothing against Rahul, but isn't this a move backwards? He was seen as not fit enough or whatever and Dhoni wanted to invest in youth, so why have we gone back to experience. Yeh youth failed at the T20 WC, but if you're going to invest in youth, you need to give them time
Rahul's nowhere in the picture,but IMO if some happens to experienced players like SRT or Sehwag,Dravid can come in with his experience.we dont wanna have too inexperienced a squad in prestigios tournet like CT

What I dont understand is that with legendary players like Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly etc etc we wre never a good ODI team.. rarely used to win overseas tours... yes they are good Test players but for ODIs, they got tons of opportunities and India winning/loosing ratio was quite bad... look at the current squads with youth, we won 6 ODI series in a row and Ranked 2.... then whats the need of going to oldies...

so wat is RP doing there?he also underperformed last year' date='did well in IPL n got selected,why not apply the same rule to Irfan[/quote'] Did brillinalty in england test series. I dont forget top notch performances at the highest level. Just like Sree was brilliant in test series in SA. Also Pathan is just pants, just watch him bowl never should be near the indian team. Sree and RP bowl at good speeds and have good success against top teams.
What I dont understand is that with legendary players like Dravid' date=' Laxman, Ganguly etc etc we wre never a good ODI team.. rarely used to win overseas tours... yes they are good Test players but for ODIs, they got tons of opportunities and India winning/loosing ratio was quite bad... look at the current squads with youth, we won 6 ODI series in a row and Ranked 2.... then whats the need of going to oldies...[/quote'] agree, jst 1 question...who wud u pick , Dravid or Rohit...choice is urs, take it on form or experience or even strike rate or dealing with short pitch, Dravid is the utmost choice.He aint dat bad ODI player as he has been made to.Sharma's odi strike rate is 72.24 & Dravid's 71.22. Why not pick Dravid ? yes, right...rohit has got talent.but he got enough oppurtunities i believe.
Did brillinalty in england test series. I dont forget top notch performances at the highest level. Just like Sree was brilliant in test series in SA. Also Pathan is just pants, just watch him bowl never should be near the indian team. Sree and RP bowl at good speeds and have good success against top teams.
what has test performances gotta do with ODIs?Irfan also did well in OZ,helping us win the Perth Test match,so? u dont need speeds demon in ODIs.u need someone eho has variations,reasonable control.Pathan can do that can be a handy bat lower down the order.thus providing the much needed balance.allrounders provide the balance in ODI team n ignoring the best allrounder in the country is stupidity.
Nothing against Rahul' date= but isn't this a move backwards? He was seen as not fit enough or whatever and Dhoni wanted to invest in youth, so why have we gone back to experience. Yeh youth failed at the T20 WC, but if you're going to invest in youth, you need to give them time
i agree, though its just probables and a lot can change between now and when the team is actually selected but if they were to go back to Dravid its would be a bad move. Some already wrote this, the only reason for Dravids return should be if both sehwag and sachin and one of Bhaji/Zaheer arent fit to play. would be nice to have some exp player
i agree, though its just probables and a lot can change between now and when the team is actually selected but if they were to go back to Dravid its would be a bad move. Some already wrote this, the only reason for Dravids return should be if both sehwag and sachin and one of Bhaji/Zaheer arent fit to play. would be nice to have some exp player
i wrote this,thats the only reason i see of him being in 30:bow: