Charles Coventry' of Zimbabwe equals Saeed Anwar's record.

Guest gaurav_indian

12) Pad technology was different, nowadays they allow you to run faster. 13) His spikes melted in the Chennai heat, making it even more difficult 14) The tournament was sponsored by Coke, who is anti-Islam, therefore he went without a drink
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
Saeed Anwar treated Anil Kumble like absolute dirt on that day. Just like how Waqar Younis was never the same ODI bowler after ’96 Jadeja assault' date=' Kumble’s downfall as a ODI bowler probably began that match.[/quote'] He treated all our bowlers like dirt that day. They all looked so pedestrian that day against him. Their stats looked so bad. When asked later about the Indian bowlers, Anwar said "They are all good bowlers. Just that it was my day today." That was a very humble comment.
Saeed Anwar treated Anil Kumble like absolute dirt on that day. Just like how Waqar Younis was never the same ODI bowler after ’96 Jadeja assault' date=' Kumble’s downfall as a ODI bowler probably began that match.[/quote'] Agree. Kumble downfall started in that match by Anwar and was ended in 2005 in Kanpur where Afridi ended his ODI career.
sachins kuptaancy sucked salty balls.. IIRC in that year baldy jaya uncle also scored a triple ton against us..also lady jaya scored a double ton ... was very painful to watch both these matches...
on a road. That pitch was flatter than anything Pakistan could even dream of creating
anwar's record was better, reasons 1) pressure. independence cup, do or die match in front of 50,000 people. 2) heat and exhaustion. 3) prasad, kumble, kuruvilla, joshi are better than the current bangladeshi bowling unit any day. 4) boundaries were longer and bat technology was not what it is right now. 5) he got his runs faster.
Have some tissues.:giggle: Now Coventry equalled,get over it.
Guest gaurav_indian
anwar's record was better, reasons 1) pressure. independence cup, do or die match in front of 50,000 people. 2) heat and exhaustion. 3) prasad, kumble, kuruvilla, joshi are better than the current bangladeshi bowling unit any day. 4) boundaries were longer and bat technology was not what it is right now. 5) he got his runs faster.
I will mail this to cricinfo so that they can sort out the order of Highest individual score list. This is not fair. :haha:
He treated all our bowlers like dirt that day. They all looked so pedestrian that day against him. Their stats looked so bad. When asked later about the Indian bowlers, Anwar said "They are all good bowlers. Just that it was my day today." That was a very humble comment.
That is true, but it was quite a shock to see Kumble of all people treated in the manner in which he was done.
He used a by runner. Chennai crowd is a passionate crowd which appreciates good cricket. They won't be baying for your blood. Since when innings with crowd became better than innings without crowd? Coventry innings is better because he is playing for a non test nation.
He only shares the World Record with Anwar.
Like i said, technically Coventry now holds the record. If he got out at 194, then Anwar would still be at top because he got it first but since Coventry remained Not out, he is now the record holder. But since both have the same runs, you can say that they "Share" the record when they speak about the records, but in all record books, Coventry would be placed at number 1.
:haha::haha:Where those his figures...the way some were posting I thought he must have gone for 80 or 90 with no wickets!!:haha:
i tot the same... when someone said afridi finished kumble's career.. jeezzz we dint even claim tht SRT finished wasim, waqar and akthar's career in a single match.. (WC'03).. now tht wud have made some sense..